Website Updates and Upgrades are still underway! We don't expect any further downtime, but we thank you for your patience as we restore themes and other elements including the Chatbox.

PR Event August 26th

TEDF

3 hours ago, =VG= Double_13 said:

How do I know this weather graph isn't from a week ago? There is no watermark time stamp 

It's called paranoia. There is help for that. A good beginning for the cure is always to 'fact-check' the weather and if you feel that MSM is lying and conspiring with the illuminati and Bilderberg and Soros there's always good old psychiatric help. It's available through your GP. ;) 

Thanks for joining guys, hope you had at least somewhat fun. The AI kind of ruined basrah and totally blew on bijar. The jets were supposed to bomb the city to ruins on first run but decided not to. and for some reason it took them way longer to move out than they should have. 

Anyways, thanks again and I'll see you on 9th for mappack test. Will also add the muttrah in with some extra tickets so we can finally try to assault that boat.

• Upvote 5

That was a great event TEDF, thanks for all the hard work mate! Great to see so many turn out and also really good to have a lot of new players enjoying the maps too. Ok we had a few glitches but that goes with the territory.

Overall it was great team work by everyone!

I'm rendering the first map, will paste it here when its done, got footage for the other two maps as well.

Albasrah  -  US v INS

Muttrah City -  Russia v US

Bijar Canyons - HAMAS vs US

The map lasted only five minutes 52 seconds before it crashed so unless someone wants to see it I wont bother to upload it. By this stage we were all pretty tired.

• Upvote 2

Karbala would be amazing to be add to have official version. However I would like to see refinery removed and the map border pushed  a bit down. This so the bots have less place to roam around outside the city. Further on the bridge corossing should be some HMGs facing the bridge. The bridge in the DOD should be cut to prevent crossing that is if the map would ever be made official. Some mortars having range to the final city parts would be a nice surprise. 

24 minutes ago, =VG= Double_13 said:

If any of you have ideas what to do next such as map suggestions, and ways the assault should go then share it with us. Ted can't guarantee it will be possible but you might have a good idea what to do. 

A good map to exploit would be the Falklands Infantry map or Goose Green but have the teams assault each objective by rubber boat. Starting from the carrier say.

Have a trans squad if you like supplying ammo crates to squad locations to build fobs and defensive positions but the primary form of transport would be by sea (boats)

You could also have a CAS squad of Harriers that was limited to being called in by the Squad leaders or the Commander as necessary if a captured flag was being overrun.  CAS squad would not be allowed to fly sorties unless approved by Commander who has received a distress call from a squad leader. Targets would need to  be lazed by the squad leader or designated Spotter.

Countless scenarios spring to mind.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, =VG= Double_13 said:

Keep switching seats or just enable a faction that has airborn like Russian VDV or German paratroopers 

it should also be able to disable with rcon 

Reference: http://www.realitymod.com/forum/f189-modding-tutorials/95253-local-rcon-commands.html

I tested the following on my local server using Pavlosk Bay Std, and I was able to fly the Osprey, move to one of the seats and then eject and deploy parachute, so it would be possible to program this I would imagine.

To allow all kits used in vehicles plus no need for driver in tanks etc type in:

Code:
rcon oneman

Screens shots: spawning a logi truck on carrier

screen000.jpgscreen001.jpg

Below: Sitting in a passenger seat and wearing a pilot kit, ejecting from the Osprey

screen002.jpgscreen003.jpg

Parachute deployed!

screen004.jpg

Parachuting out from aircraft is too easy to abuse. That's why the chutes got removed from the game except for the factions that have preset paratrooper deployment on certain maps. That's the reason why by default pilots aren't able to sit in the passenger seats.

I guess one way of making this work is to have all but one person in trans squad convert into an INF squad after the hobos have been dropped off and then join the fight to avoid the supply and CAS abuse. It would have to be the german faction as they are currently the only NATO force that have paratroopers ingame (Seems a bit weird to have russians fly around in ospreys). 

There is a parachute launcher option for a weapon slot, so I'll fiddle around with it a bit and see if It works for other factions as well. Unfortunately, this idea has to remain only for NATO factions atm as the OPFOR doesnt have any suitable aircraft for that role. Choppers just aren't for that.

Another issue would be the map. Only suitable one that I can think of atm is Pavlovsk / Vadso as it has a large deployment area in the sea far away from any kind of bot activity. (Dont even think about suggesting Kashan or Khami).

Could try sould rebel and have all the flags around the island active at the same time and turn the map into an air version of D-Day landing. 

And before some random comes here and asks - NO. Rcon will NEVER be enabled on the main server during regular gameplay. 

• Upvote 1