=VG= Fastjack

Gaza Insurgency server test

33 posts in this topic

Coop Insurgency server is working and people are able to see it in the  serverlist and ALSO can join it.

Thx to Semler, Melon, TEDF and our tech wizards behind it. Thank you so much.

With the first round of INS done it looks very promising for the future. Despite few issues such as the server crash (still coop so yee) it was a great test. I hope fastjack got a lot of new information for further developing the game mode.

Things to point out as bugs.

• Mumble
  • Bot spawning on static assets
  • Deployment setting (dig fobs/kits)

other er less problematic bugs.

UAV should be disabled as ted pointed out bots kept focusing on it all the time and it might be bit to OP for bluefor. 

I would like to thank fastjack and other involved with making this possible and I would like to thank the people who joined on such a short notice. 

Thanks Double for your effort and also to call the wolfpack to test it.

Also my dear russian friends - you followed the CALL and i will thank you with that with a better GROZNY but i have to make the navmesh for it. I will PUTIN more playable areas for the bots.:russian_ru:

Things we have to talk about:

The First server crash - i was shocked the first moments and really close to cry :mebiro_01:

• Sofar i understood TEDF, he caused it by trying to remove the hideout. First, i thought he meant removing by blowing it up. Later i catched the point he could mean by removing the mapper placed Insurgent hideout by the commander feature to REMOVE FOBS/HIDEOUTS.

When this is FACT, i have to REMOVE the hideouts to prevent any servercrashes for the future. Othe ppl could get the same idea. Good we have people that trying things for the AUDIT. I never would get the idea to test Remove an mapper placed fob/hideout.

BIPODS, 50cal Tripods and Milan AT-Launchers - my good why we cannot have in Deployment Insurgency such a situation :lex_06:

• I know that i placed to much of them on the roofs and balconies. When i get once a RANDOMCODE for those assets like the RANDOM abilty of the ammocaches, this will be a nice feature. Lets beg the Reality DEVs for it that they could code this.

It isn't like they have to complete code everything new. They have the BASICs from the Insurgency Gamemode (Deployment). This would, i'm sure, improve also the normal coop AAS4 gamemode - no questions about that. You can spread 50 bipods across the map but only 5 till 7 are active at same time. When one get destroyed another bipod spawns in different spot of the map.

I will look into alternatives ambushspots that spawn on roofs or balconies. It would be enough when the bots using their normal handheld weapon. I also looking foir other solutions to prevent spawnwaves on such defense statics.

But to be honest (my opinions) : :mr47_03:

• First time i checked my SPRINT indicator to see if i can cross the street without running out of sprint - doesn't matter, the bipod got me.
  • I started with checking roofs and moved closer to walls and cover, doesn't matter bipod got me.
  • Some kits are really needed now like grenadier or lat to get the bipod gunner.
  • Seriously, i like to dodge Milan missiles - amazing moment when you survive, only to get shot afterwards by an bipod. It felt like TowerDefense gamemode.
  • FOBS are really needed. The way back to city centrum to link up with your mates is a aztec challenge.

Mumble Issue - seriously? you need combatarea on a map or Mumble will not work? OK??? :Rulezzz_03:

• Seems like i must add a combatarea to the map to get mumble operational. Whoever told me -  thank you. Didn't knew that.

Feedback appreciated

I like that fastjack already points out the where to shoot, in the first 20 sec xD.

i think grozny would be a great map for INS. 

You see, HOW CNJ CodeNameJonathan beating the bots ass with his machinegun out from a boat? Amazing! Want more from this gameplay. 

This truly has a lot of potential. I can imagine that with some more work this could be an official COOP gamemode for PR some day.

I'd recommend trying out the Special Forces expansion AI files that I also used during the campaign. It makes the bots group up a lot more and move as a unit instead of lonewolfing like they usually do on PR. Quite amusingly they seem to have the ability to form a decent line formation with all bots in the squad providing 360 overwatch as the squad moves around. I also noticed that bots from other squad that happened to "get lost" / went too far away from their squad, followed the nearest squad leader until they got close to their original squad.

If you don't have the files I can upload them somewhere.

Suggestions : 

1. Reduce the amount static weapons to ensure that bots have more INF on the ground. They could also use more spawn points inside the city.

2. Remove UAV - The bots mostly get confused by that metal bird that flies over the area, often staring at it with amazement rather than engaging the enemy. During the testing I also noticed that some of the bots decided to shoot at it for whatever reason.

3. Less armed vehicles for BLUEFOR.

As for the server crash - It happened after I tried to place down a second hideout. Propably was one of those completely random crashes that happen every now and then and didn't have anything to do with the map / gamemode.

39 minutes ago, =VG= TEDF said:

This truly has a lot of potential. I can imagine that with some more work this could be an official COOP gamemode for PR some day.

Now, after seeing, a dedi server works with the python changes and modified mapfiles, we can look into improvements. That was my biggest concerns. Doing all the work but not knowing if all the crap works on a dedi server ........ but now we know.

I'd recommend trying out the Special Forces expansion AI files that I also used during the campaign. It makes the bots group up a lot more and move as a unit instead of lonewolfing like they usually do on PR. Quite amusingly they seem to have the ability to form a decent line formation with all bots in the squad providing 360 overwatch as the squad moves around. I also noticed that bots from other squad that happened to "get lost" / went too far away from their squad, followed the nearest squad leader until they got close to their original squad.

If you don't have the files I can upload them somewhere

More Intel on this please. What kind of ai you used from SF Behaviour.ai or any strategy files? Upload it please. Maybe we require the SL spawnpoint for it too.

1. Reduce the amount static weapons to ensure that bots have more INF on the ground. They could also use more spawn points inside the city

Suggestion approved.

At the moment, the nature of the spawning system is to chaotic. Sometimes they spawn on an ammocache and sometimes some bots will not spawn at all. Also they rarely use the hideout_sp and sometimes they spawn in packs.

When we ever get a Randomcode for the static wepaons - we will implement more of them or getting completly replace by fake PCO's.

2. Remove UAV - The bots mostly get confused by that metal bird that flies over the area, often staring at it with amazement rather than engaging the enemy. During the testing I also noticed that some of the bots decided to shoot at it for whatever reason.

Suggestion approved. Sadlywise - i hoped we can make the commanderjob in coop more important.

I dont know exactly how the Devs handled the UAV. All i know is it is handled by python. It seems like you getting teleported as commander and fly invisible in an dynamic object pco.

I know from the old old old Karbalatests (KarbalB, you remember- Osprey), that bots ignore vehicle types they dont know. The VTOL ai wasn't implemented in 0.97 and bots ignored the Osprey till i got out of the vehicle. Maybe we can do later the same trick with the UAV PCO or whatever it is but for now it get removed. 

3. Less armed vehicles for BLUEFOR.

Suggestions for a better vehicle layout or would it be enough to increase the spawntimes? 

Combatarea is a high priority at the moment. Without it, PR mumble will not work and than it wouldn't be PR anymore.

This is gonna be bigger than sliced bread!  Okay, maybe not that big - but this will be the coolest new addition to PR COOP and a new gamemode will only increase the popularity of this great teamwork game!!

Well although it sounds stupid there is more communication without mumble and using TS than there is with mumble. Every time mumble doesn't work I notice people take the time and communicate with others more than shouting on mumble "moving to outskirts" followed by no reply.  But yea mumble needs to be fixed.

I think the human player limit should. Be lowered to 30 people max. The fewer people you have the more teamwork you have to do to succeed. If more people are running around it will be highly likely that cashes will be found before having the intell. This also gives the chance for more enemy bots to patrol the streets. 

The assets will become an issue in the long haul, Now the map is new and people get shot by the tow launchers but after a while people will know where they are and the assets will become mass murder machines (the guy in my APC already had 40 ish kills on the gun) I think that putting in more trans humvees and delayed APC/logi will help. The logi should be on quite high respawn as it is quite valuable to build a fob and a delay at the start would make it more likely to be used by a person waiting for it. As example on khami inf squads always take the logi at the start to  build an fob near chem but if it would be delayed they might start pushing to flags rather than camping on the hills for half the round. 

On the test we only build 2 fobs and I honestly think the limit should be set to that. More fobs would make more spawnpoints and closer spawnpoints resulting people to give up faster and respawn there, rather then waiting 20 sec to be revived. Also it would become in my eyes to OP in rushing objectives as once a cash is known all can spawn on a fob near it.

16 minutes ago, =VG= Double_13 said:

I think the human player limit should. Be lowered to 30 people max.

I think also a player limit of 32. What the others minds on this?

Well although it sounds stupid there is more communication without mumble and using TS than there is with mumble.

Nah, Mumble is a must. You noticed only more communication in TS3 because look at the experience level of the testers.

On the test we only build 2 fobs and I honestly think the limit should be set to that. More fobs would make more spawnpoints and closer spawnpoints resulting people to give up faster and respawn there, rather then waiting 20 sec to be revived. Also it would become in my eyes to OP in rushing objectives as once a cash is known all can spawn on a fob near it.

Sounds good in my ears. What the Others minds on this? Keep in mind most of the FOBS was overrunned (disabled spawnpoint).

Could force the team to defend a FOB or for what we have the other shit, deployable MG'S, TOWS, sandbagwalls.

Hi all 

I will be back home tomorrow from Holland and try to have the files installed for next test.

Great job Fastjack and company.

Talk to you soon fellas :bye:

2 minutes ago, =VG= Martin said:

will be back home tomorrow from Holland

Where are you in Holland?

Rotterdam. We fly back to Canary Islands tomorrow.

Why you said that not earlier. Rotterdfam is only 2 hours away from me.

Next time make an status update or something else so we have atleast the chance to meet our brothers in reallife

Sorry man. Next time I will do something like that. I was talking in ts about my trip to Holland from a few weeks and as result my wife and me meet Double_13 at Utrecht last saturday. Nice chat and walk at the city with him.

Next time I will tell about the trip to every one close enough to the place.

Best regards.

Since we do not have the Medals System from the old websites, I've awarded Fastjack the Evil Genius Medal by making a graphic out of an old medal we used to use on our old website because Fastjack and I were talking about it.  It was a rare prestigious medal with very few recipients, and I think making that graphic is the least I can do to show VG's appreciation for Fastjack's hard work making this gamemode that everyone else said could NOT be done.  I've already altered your Signature FJ - hope you don't mind.

Thanks again you for your hard work!  Have a great birthday!

YrMS2RY.png:birthday-present:

Enjoy the new sig!

On 7/30/2017 at 9:10 AM, =VG= Double_13 said:

Things to point out as bugs.

• Mumble

Okay, so I've asked around, and I'm gonna do some more digging today, but Mumble should be able to work across all 3 of our PR servers.... I just need to find the right file, setting, or config UI to get it working.

I don't expect this to be a big bug, and it's funny what you say about the lack of Mumble forcing players to communicate more.  I think it would be best to enable Mumble and encourage better comms protocols among public players rather than keeping it disabled to hopefully force better comms.  We would need a lot of public testing before making this a final conclusion.  Mumble added the ability to speak to another squad easily... might not want to lose that.

Either way, I'm gonna get Mumble working and it can be decided later whether to use it or not. :hi:

57 minutes ago, =VG= SemlerPDX said:

Either way, I'm gonna get Mumble working and it can be decided later whether to use it or not. :hi:

Wait with the Mumble setup for the insurgency server. I heared that a missing COMBATAREA can cause problems with mumble so i have to redo some things but i dont want to update step by step. Give me some time (till tommorrow) and i can make 4 layout for gaza. 

Layouts - including also combatareas

• 16   Infantry only layout with SL spawnpoint on Squadleader - 1x M113 Logistic APC
  • 32   Infantry only layout without SL spawnpoint on the Squadleader - 1x M113 Logistic APC
  • 64   Light vehicle layout with SL spawnpoint on the Squadleader - 2x M113 Logistic apc's - 2x M113 50cal apc's - 2x MK19 Boats
  • 128 Light vehicle layout without SL spawnpoint on the Squadleader - 2x M113 Logistic apc's - 2x M113 50cal apc's - 2x MK19 Boats

Lets see what is better WITH or WITHOUT SL spawnpoint for insurgency gamemode.

I removed all static weapons for the moment. They are nice but it was to much and having less will only create deadpool pits with bot bodies. I also removed sadly wise the IDF commander UAV Trailer :mebiro_01:

Hamas bots will have :

• 2x Technical2 (3seater) 
  • 1x SPG9 technical
  • 2x Boragh apc's (never saw them ingame and i like the idea that all gunners from the IDF/HAMAS can be shoot out of his seat.

At the moment i dont know nothing about the boragh and there exist no _bf2 version of it in PR.

Maybe i make a clone of it and transform it to an 1 or 2 seater (including ai.templates for it). Those versions are for bots only.

I also thinking about to create a pure hamas bot faction with is a secondary lighter AT weapon and a special hamas kit that represents the civie kit. Pure botfactions dont need the objectspawner def for the hideouts etc. because bots never (CANT) use/place them.

About Bot kits:

Bots never use their shovels or their bandages or ammobags. I will remove them out of the kits.

This is an teamwork enforcement to keep human squads closer together because without team medic you have only your bandage and its not possible anymore to loot botkits for bandages.

Sofar i know i need only to create a civie kit with an medic kit ai. In deployment the medic kit has an assault.ai template. Be a medic but have the ai brain of an assault doesn't work in coop. It's not so simple and adding the Deployment civie kit to the coop botside cause always problems - mostly servercrashs.

There a some RULES behind the botkits, the job of the botkits and the weapon itemindexes of the botkits. This RULES doesn't count for DEPLOYMENT.

I also think i have to create a civie_sp kit and add it in the pythonfile.

@Melonmuncher - can you get intel about this please.

Sofar i can read the python it should be the only thing to get the civie thing part to work by adding the name of the new civie_sp kit into the pythonfile. Also disabling the shotgun counts as arrest feature would be nice. Only zipties and the punch with the weapon will count as arrest.

I think the removing of ammobags might be bit to much but it will be interesting to see.

you mentioned something about adding different guns on different fire modes for close medium and long range. Is this also going to be implemented?

1 hour ago, =VG= Double_13 said:

I think the removing of ammobags might be bit to much but it will be interesting to see.

I have the following excuse. It would be unrealistic !!!

I give every bot in the selfcreated botonly faction an AK or a weapon with different ammo types and not 5.56mm what the Galil use, the ammo from hamas wouldn't fit into the Galils. There is also a small difference of the kind of AT ammo (RPG7 PG7V 93 mm warhead vs an 66mm anti tank rocket).  Ok - i'm joking but you see how easy the answer is?!

I will enforce more teamplay and that people take more care on important assets. Logitruck is not a taxi. With the amount of SPECIAL kits, who want to play the rifleman? The logistic role is an important role in Deployment so let it be in Coop also. 

2 hours ago, =VG= Double_13 said:

you mentioned something about adding different guns on different fire modes for close medium and long range. Is this also going to be implemented?

There are many tricks i could do but wouldn't make sense on maps like gaza. The bots on skill level 93 is already hard enough.

I could do it, that a bot will use his AK on a range of 400m shooting in singlefire and when he walked up to 100 meters he CHANGE to his SECOND AK :anna-horosho_01: and use burstfire and when he walked up to 15 meters he use the fire&forget mode but not really needed yet.

I will do things on forestmaps (the firing through foliage problem) to nerf the X-RAY vision of the bots but not on open citymaps.

Question :

Should i give the botfaction vehicles for the infantry only layer? I mean, no vehicles except M113 Logi for IDF and HAMAS get vehicles. When i make it without vehicles, no one gonna play the LAT kit and for me is it important not to exclude kits because of the layer. COOP i still the training mode to prepare player for deployment.

7 hours ago, =VG= Fastjack said:

Question :

Should i give the botfaction vehicles for the infantry only layer? I mean, no vehicles except M113 Logi for IDF and HAMAS get vehicles. When i make it without vehicles, no one gonna play the LAT kit and for me is it important not to exclude kits because of the layer. COOP i still the training mode to prepare player for deployment.

Maybe 2 Zastava 500AK Van and Dirt Bikes/CB500? or mix of 1 Technical M2HB/DsHK and a Van?

Although.. they are unconventional factions tho, so they need at least 1-2 small assets that they can use (and also some small advantages for them too, to make the gameplay interesting)

Just one M113 logi is enough for IDF awhile, doesnt need more of that for INF layout it seems... walking is no option for INF game

- Inch

What I understand from inf only is that we only have inf. adding an logi would be alright ish but adding anything more would in my eyes be to much. Even adding the transport humvee would be bit much as it would only give 1 squad often the fastest loading person the ability to use it. However I do not mind that bots have heavy assets as this would promote teamwork on bluefor.