Website Updates and Upgrades are still underway! We don't expect any further downtime, but we thank you for your patience as we restore themes and other elements including the Chatbox.

BMS Re Start Notification

CobaltUK

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Ok fresh start to day1 as no sign of an official win for the team and that seems to be the norm since a long time.

Was day 26 and while up to that point there had been plenty of red ground tgts there was little if any sign of blue movement.  As an experiment I saved current situation and ran in x32 offline for 18 hrs but no real advance. Also did the same with all squadrons reverted to HQ but no difference. Perhaps not surprising as the air war HAD been won already.

If there were an obvious group of regular users then it might be reasonable to poll for what majority wanted max campaign length to be but since that's not current situation I think an arbitrary number of 22 days might be the norm in future though I was still having fun at day 26. New arrivals to the server might be put off by overly `quiet` state of play but to totally avoid that maybe a max of day 5 would be needed. (which would not be MY preference).

• Upvote 2

Thank you.

I like the campaign going for several weeks.  I'd like to continue in this fashion, and we'll take it as it comes.  If there are issues or it's completely dry and dull, there is no reason we can't just restart to Day 1, though.  Feel free to use your best judgement.

:hi:

• Upvote 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Definitely would like to see how this plays out.  Jeffu and I hit some tank battalions in East Pyongyang and some A-10C's were also dropping bombs in the area.  Static said he's been hoping to see this one to the end as well, so let's keep up the pressure!

Thank you very much, Cobalt! I thought I was gonna be flying today, and my body was all "I don't think so, bucko!" - it's 6pm and I'm finally feeling better, so I'm hoping and praying I'll be there tomorrow.  I LOVE the first days of the war!!  Dodging SAM's and chucking spears at MiG's -- a little piece of heaven!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Day 1 re-start.............  Just because  :)    Seriously though its a fine line between playing the war out and putting off visitors with a quiet situation. For some reason the wars end is never properly revealed so thats another reason to abandon. Last save has been kept if anyone voices wish to continue. Its not a problem to load it. 

• Upvote 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...