Joe_A

Banned ????

9 posts in this topic

While trying to ask for help in TS. I had switched channels to a public channel " Good Hello Lounge " I was then banned with the following message : You are banned permanently. Reason: "420 blazeitfgt". This happened with out any warnings what so ever. I was trying to get help with mumble settings because I am having a hard time hearing in game. There were two VG members in the channel at the time =VG= Loz and =VG= OniBlood1486. Can anyone explain this to me ? 

4 minutes ago, =VG= Double_13 said:

i contacted the admin  who banned you. 

Did they provide an explanation? I was just looking for help ?

6 minutes ago, Joe_A said:

Did they provide an explanation? I was just looking for help ?

Like I said I have only contacted them, I havent gotten a reply yet. As much as I would like to help you I do not unban people who I didnt ban myself 

1 hour ago, =VG= Double_13 said:

Like I said I have only contacted them, I havent gotten a reply yet. As much as I would like to help you I do not unban people who I didnt ban myself 

I'm sorry I miss understood what you ment thank you for your help I regards to this issues. 

I removed the ban until the admin who issued it can come up with a bit more decent reason than "blazeitfgt" 

43 minutes ago, =VG= TEDF said:

I removed the ban until the admin who issued it can come up with a bit more decent reason than "blazeitfgt" 

Thank you ! 

I talked with the admin who banned you. Apparently it was due to you making some kind of loud noise over the comms that was very annoying. He's willing to leave it be as long as something like this doesn't happen again.

/Locked

I'd like to extend a personal apology to you, Joe_A -- regarding the guys in the lower lounge down there, (they play around with the channel name often) - it's no excuse, but they happen to get an inordinate number of TS3 trolls popping into that channel down there, and I'm afraid it's worn their patience a little thin.  Trust me, they are indeed some of the most friendly folks I'm happy to call my VG brothers, but years of disruptions have made them quick on the trigger.  Oniblood is a particularly nice guy, though he is greatly protective of VG and again, has little patience for the frequent trolls he must deal with.  And Loz is a wonderful person as well, a very competent musician and instrument repairman - as nice a person you'll ever meet; he's inspired me to learn some rather complex guitar pieces and I value his friendship greatly, as well as all those chaps in the Brit Lounge (name may vary).

Though your microphone may not have been working (an understandable problem) they were likely attempting to say hello, or welcome - and getting only silence or an odd sound from your mic, I might assume that THEY assumed you were just another troll attempting to disrupt the conversation in that lounge channel.

Be sure to go say hello when you do get your TS3 voice and sound working!  Just let them know who your are, that you were "old school VG", and say hi -- you might just make some close new friends!!  BCO was also in the service, sometimes I sit down there just to hang out and listen to his hilarious stories from overseas.  Don't let that botched first impression shy you away from meeting some of the most colorful guys at VG!
:hi:

Once again, sorry for the swift and unexplained ban.  I did not write the above as an excuse, but merely an explanation of what might have likely happened.  You are more than welcome to join any TS3 channel, introduce yourself, and get to know the good people at VG!!