Joe_A

Returning member

18 posts in this topic

Hello, I originally became a member back in 2010. I always enjoyed quality game play of the VG servers. I became an admin for VG servers and was proud to say I was. I had some really bad events happen in my life and left gaming for number of years. I have returned to gaming has taken time to rebuild my library of games. I mainly played Racing sims when I returned but I would like to become active with VG again in hopes of rebuilding the friendships built back when I started here. I used to play BF2 PR , I would need to purchase it again if that is still being used. Is that still the most active servers or is there another game ( Arma or Squad ) that you guys are playing now ? 

Well first off let me say welcome back. Unfortunately events happen in life and make it tough to enjoy something we are passionate about.  I am sure that we have all been there and will be there in our life again. 

As for games, anything goes. PR is free now so you do not need to purchase it when it went stand-alone.

We have a few members that play squad. Mostly find people in various games. 

10-4 Thank you ! 

Welcome back Joe_A,

The game is a full stand alone version now, that does not require a BF2 installation.

http://www.realitymod.com/downloads

I'm sure you'll be back in the action in no time!

cheers,

Kav

Hey there! Welcome back! The VG PR COOP is still running strong.  Some minor things may have changed, but you'll probably slip back into it like an old glove.  We also still host a Falcon BMS server open to the public, if you do any sim flying.
A few of us were talking about getting into racing, particularly with those awesome steering wheels they have now.  

We also just hang out in TS3 and play a variety of games, so the channel list has grown to sortof encompass a lot of the games that are popular with a lot of us.  Elite: Dangerous is pretty big lately, too.  Space sim that has the Milky Way modeled, and you can fly anywhere or do whatever you want for a job to earn money, then get better ship - rinse, and repeat. You know...

Anyway, see you around!  Don't be a stranger; and if you have any questions or anything feel free to ask away!  There may be a lot of new people around, but =VG= is still the same kind of place with well managed servers run by fair and trustworthy admins.

Thank you all ! I'm really excited to be back. I can't wait to get back on the servers. I am going to do the best I can to get back to were I was here.

I am an active sim pilot have logged 100s of hours on FSX. As far as racing. I race on IRACING.  I am a member and team co owner I'm a league. Real prizes, real sponsors , Broadcasted races in YouTube and twitch, cold hard cash gents. It's As close to real life racing as you can get. Maybe we can get that going here. I would love to talk about it. I should have teamspeak up and running soon. Looking forward to speaking to you guys. Thank you again for the warm welcome !  

Welcome back.

Funny enough, I've just purchased a few add-ons for FSX and I am currently learning how to fly the aerosoft A320.

Look forward to seeing you online soon!

5 hours ago, =VG= Blazer said:

Welcome back.

Funny enough, I've just purchased a few add-ons for FSX and I am currently learning how to fly the aerosoft A320.

Look forward to seeing you online soon!

That's a beautiful aircraft. I recommend A2A Simulations there are by far one of the best in the industry in making realistic quality aircraft. I have the B17 and absolutely love it. https://a2asimulations.com/  I hope to get the Constellation next ! I also have Capt Sim C130 which is stunning. Lastly my All time favorite US Military Fighter the F14 Tomcat by Aerosoft 

20170704144402_1.jpg

20170702131435_1.jpg

20170708173417_1.jpg

20170703222457_1.jpg

20170708173449_1.jpg

20170708231054_1.jpg

20170708231103_1.jpg

20170708230301_1.jpg

20170708160424_1.jpg

10 hours ago, =VG= BLuDKLoT said:

You can use our ts3 man we can make section for you. 

For IRacing or FSX ?

12 hours ago, =VG= SemlerPDX said:

*Either (or both) - we have room! ;)

Sounds good. But for some reason I was just banned in TS. I made a post about it under TS. Maybe you can look into this for me. 

Edited by =VG= SemlerPDX
edit: we fixed his TS3 ban, was an error due to mic problems, was mistaken as troll by an admin

Would be glad to talk about it.

I can get busy but when I'm online, I'll be in TS3. When I'm not in a game and just sitting around, I'll be in one of the lounge or HQ channels - if I don't respond to text/voice, I'm probably afk and will be back before long.  :hi:

edit: BTW, that B-52 is beautiful! It's been a long time since I've flown FSX - I'm sure I have the disc around here somewhere.  I never went past Private Pilot, and always wanted to return to learn how to fly a complex airliner such as the ones I fly on (737-B) or the really big ones like the 747.  a2a has some amazing models, I'll probably go there when I decide which aircraft I might want to learn.  Worth saving up for, even if they are individually pricey (buying a lot of aircraft there could add up fast!!), they are absolutely beautiful - especially compared to the base models that come with FSX.

Most likely gonna re-train on the A-10C and get back into DCS Warthog a bit next.  Nothing beats the 1:1 scale Korean War Campaign in Falcon BMS which often runs for 3 weeks every month here at VG, but DCS has it's merits, too.

Edited by =VG= SemlerPDX

4 hours ago, =VG= SemlerPDX said:

Would be glad to talk about it.

I can get busy but when I'm online, I'll be in TS3. When I'm not in a game and just sitting around, I'll be in one of the lounge or HQ channels - if I don't respond to text/voice, I'm probably afk and will be back before long.  :hi:

edit: BTW, that B-52 is beautiful! It's been a long time since I've flown FSX - I'm sure I have the disc around here somewhere.  I never went past Private Pilot, and always wanted to return to learn how to fly a complex airliner such as the ones I fly on (737-B) or the really big ones like the 747.  a2a has some amazing models, I'll probably go there when I decide which aircraft I might want to learn.  Worth saving up for, even if they are individually pricey (buying a lot of aircraft there could add up fast!!), they are absolutely beautiful - especially compared to the base models that come with FSX.

Most likely gonna re-train on the A-10C and get back into DCS Warthog a bit next.  Nothing beats the 1:1 scale Korean War Campaign in Falcon BMS which often runs for 3 weeks every month here at VG, but DCS has it's merits, too.

Any flight sim can turn into a huge investment quick. 

Because of where I am at currently, it not hard to get some good hours I'm the logbooks.  As long as these guys keep the lights on. That seems to be an issue lately. I'm also worried about the pings I'll get flying online. PR and other games done seem so bad but there is some serious lag spikes often. 

I don't know much about Falcon BMS. Today I have to look more closely at it and see if my laptop can handle it. 

5 hours ago, =VG= Rotblut said:

Welcome back. Hopefully see you on the PR Battlefield ;)

Thank you and same to you sir o7