ranger_12

game crash

18 posts in this topic

Just to let admins know, vadso city map not playable! game crashs everytime after reload the map data.

i think vadso city must be removed from maps list for now. because it crash the game everytime after loading...

i have the problem...and it looks like nobody can join this map.

The Server Admins take care already. Please be patient. Many Server many work ;)

Nope! vadso still crash. can sombody remove this map from maps list ftm ???

No. It's a massive problem. IT doesn't crash the server it crashes the client. We need to remove the map. 

Indeed. Game crash while map is either almost or already loaded.

the same here... when loading is finished my game crashed to desktop but the server stays up. I try it with 3 different machines but there is no chance to join.

other maps/server are joinable...

9 hours ago, Jersans said:

No. It's a massive problem. IT doesn't crash the server it crashes the client. We need to remove the map. 

Yep thats what im trying to say !

Just to clarify.

Does Vadso crash on all layers or is it one layer in particular?

I'm guessing it's only standard that's crashing, not so sure about the alternate or the large layers.

i dont know. yesterday there were two other servers with vadso who had players on it....

21 minutes ago, =VG= Blazer said:

Just to clarify.

I'm guessing it's only standard that's crashing, not so sure about the alternate or the large layers.

Vadso std is running now.  Nobody can join due to CTD. 

9 hours ago, =VG= Blazer said:

Just to clarify.

we don't know because its the same ''standard'' layer as yesterday. so don't know if the other layers cause crash to the client or not.

Right. So we can definately confirm the Vadso Standard is FUBAR - Anyone tried alternate and/or large yet?

If Melon is around, let him know. You can simply remove the entry from each of the Maplist files in the several folders we use. Leave the OPFOR map list alone. Might run a test to see if alt or large have the same problem. 

Posted (edited)

I'm back from vacation, and Melon messaged me.

I've found the problem, but I'll need to take down the PR server for 5-15 minutes or so to fix it.  The server is in the middle of Peak Hours right now, 24/40 players, and it's mostly working great.  Aside from the above mentioned map, and possibly a few you've not yet noticed (but trust me, there would be others).

My plan is to fix it later today when the server has died down a bit.  Tomorrow is OPFOR Friday, so you'll be able to play Vadso (blufor) on Saturday.

Server map problem is fixed.  Tested Vadso before the OPFOR Rotation went live.  Vadso STD worked fine, ran around on the Carrier a bit, jumped off and went for a swim.  Seemed okay.

Edited by =VG= SemlerPDX
UPDATE - finished