Website Updates and Upgrades are still underway! We don't expect any further downtime, but we thank you for your patience as we restore themes and other elements including the Chatbox.

Operation "Red Tide" VI

TEDF

Maps : Download

The event starts at 6pm GMT, which is an hour earlier that on other events so far!!!

Install Instructions:
1) Download the file
2)locate your PR levels directory, (default is C:\Program Files (x86)\Project Reality\Project Reality BF2\mods\pr\levels)
3) Extract the downloaded zip file into pr\levels using winzip, winrar, 7zip etc.

4) Run PR
5) Create a local coop game and check that the event maps are in your maplist
6)If they are you're good to go for the event

7) It is adviced to clear your shaders cache to avoid any complications with textures =  launcher - support - utilities - perform task under clear shaders cache

Additional info :

Pavlovsk - BLUEFOR is not allowed to leave deployment until green light is given. BOTs may have some trouble spawning on correct locations at the beginning

1) Server will be taken down around 1h 30 mins prior to event for some last minute setups. After that the server will be opened and we shall run some quality INF maps for warmup.

2) RCON will be enabled during the event. Players on BLUEFOR are NOT allowed to use it at any times. Doing so will get you removed from the event and banned from COOP server for prolonged period of time.

3) AT / AA launchers are made available for Pavlovsk

4) Commo rose spam interval has been decreased meaning people are able to send less emails during OP harvest.

5) Epilepsy warning - It is adviced to avoid looking directly at the bridges on harvest when walking over. Normal bridges didn't work for whatever reason so I had to put in the crappy vietnam wooden ones to avoid bots from falling to their deaths.

6) It is adviced to do some pre-mission parachute training / rehearshal to avoid people falling to their deaths / flying off the map.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Midgee said:

@Sausag3 @=VG= Blazer @deathdealer203

Sorry gents not gonna be there. I literally just got in from work, didn't realise i was on call (again).

Thats fine mate... We got murged with kavs sqd so its all good anyway. tbh you miss alot

• Upvote 1

Thank you all who joined, the event didn't turn out the way I had hoped in any ways. I guess there were a bit too many assets on Pavlovsk, but that's why I gave FR the Tank to counter them, not sure why it wasn't properly deployed. Also some of the squads weren't utilized to their full potential, but that's only from my perspective as I watched the battle from above.

I would like to address the issue of super low morale from the beginning. If you are in a leading position and have a shitty mood, Don't like the other guy or whatever, just Don't join. Take the day off, no one is forcing anyone to join the events. JUst don't drag the entire team down.

But anyways, Don't have to worry about that now since with this event comes the end to our campaign.

-snip- note to self, dont write at 1am

Again, thank you all who played and helped out with maps and ideas.

• Upvote 6

I had a blast just seeing some of the "heavy hitters" come out from the shadows and play. i love playing with good people and although i got in a bit late (due to google timezone), I still had a blast. Everyone was awesome and I look forward to playing with you all again. I was streaming the event and recorded so the last map will be up on yt sometime tonight. Again thnx to the devs and admins for putting on another amazing event/experience! And ill see you ALL in the next one.

• Upvote 4

I had a great time in this event! It was certainly difficult at times, you felt like you couldn't stick your head out until a flanking position or AT could take care of the threat, and that made it fun.  Knowing there is a problem that CAN be solved makes such difficulties tolerable - like knowing that Jersans just needed some ammo.

There was one time when I encouraged our AT to go out while I followed with crucial ammo bag only to discover I had apparently used it already (having died so many times that map, I didn't assume I had lived long enough to "be out of ammo boxes").  But I don't play PR so much these days favoring the F-16 Sim 'Falcon BMS', and I'm glad you all are patient with me as I try to remember old stuff and learn the new stuff, and hopefully not bitch too much about the little stuff.

It seemed like people were playing very closely as a team, and that was great.  Balancing difficulty is not easy, and most people seemed to go into it with a positive attitude.  Sometimes, we had to walk for quite some time due to some logistics errors, or outright pwnage by the OPFOR, but then there was that fun challenge to "make it through" and actually get to the point we were trying to assault.  At times, it was just a goal of getting a mere two of us to the point with the SL to make a rally so the rest could avoid the death-trap passage.  That felt a bit like some D-Day WW2 Omaha Beach scenarios I've played before, and sure it was a bit frustrating at times to get shot from "God knows where", we proudly bore the title of "Most Deaths Squad" for our combined 45+ deaths.  Except for deathdealer - he's a fucking bot ;) Killed everything that moved, and then killed it some more.  Good shit, mang!

Thank you very much, TEDF for all your efforts and for organizing all these events!  So many of us really appreciate the effort put in, and half the rest of us don't resent you for putting us through such battlefield trauma too much to bother.  Much love, brother!  That was a hoot and a half!!

We will definitely have more events at VG, even though this was the conclusion of the Red Tide Campaign in PR.  We're always looking for a few good men with a creative flair to take the time like TEDF (and others) did to create a fun experience like this.  But no one will top his paint skillz!  Those briefings were very, very cool!  Can't wait for the next event, whoever makes it, whenever that may be.  Volunteers welcome, apply within. :hi:

Thanks again, TEDF!

• Upvote 3

23 minutes ago, =VG= SemlerPDX said:

There was one time when I encouraged our AT to go out while I followed with crucial ammo bag only to discover I had apparently used it already (having died so many times that map, I didn't assume I had lived long enough to "be out of ammo boxes"). 

Hahaha! Oh yeah that was fun! One of the best moments. 

• Upvote 1

Well the guys in Alpha Group had fun on both maps regardless of how difficult the situation got.

Operation Red Tide is over and its thanks to TEDF, Double, PBAsydney, Melon who helped behind the scenes, etc this campaign was very challenging but enjoyed by a lot of players on the VETERANS COOP server. Its events like this and Melon's first two events that bring the PR gaming community together. Through these events the players get to know each other (and everyone is tested under pressure) and forge great friendships on the PR battlefield. No where have I seen better teamwork than what I've experienced playing these events.

I've recorded quite a few videos for the Operation Red Tide Campaign  on my channel in a playlist that includes TEDF's briefings, as well as links to Cptn Wonderful's footage. This gives you some perspective on what TEDF and his team put into this campaign. Its an awesome effort guys, and hopefully we'll be able to participate in more of these events again.

Thanks to everyone who joined me in Alpha Group, I had a ball leading you guys and listening to all the funny comments and banter through the maps. Some of these videos capture those memorable moments!

cheers,

Kav

• Upvote 3

30 minutes ago, =VG= Kavelenko said:

Operation Red Tide is over and its thanks to TEDF, Double, PBAsydney, Melon who helped behind the scenes, etc

No thanks to me, I didn't do anything.

But a huge thanks to TED for taking the time to make these events though. Anyone who has done anything with the BF2 editor will know the stress and frustration it entails. hopefully you don't wake up too many times during the night after dreams of GPOs.

It's amazing how many maps you pumped out and how much everyone enjoyed them. You'll never be 100% happy with the way they play though, trust me.

Next time have the events on a day that isn't Sunday at 4am and I promise I'll be there.

• Upvote 4

• =VG= m823us unfeatured and unpinned this topic