Website Updates and Upgrades are still underway! We don't expect any further downtime, but we thank you for your patience as we restore themes and other elements including the Chatbox.

Operation "Red Tide" Part V

TEDF

I hope everybody had a great time I know there wasn't much action but not every war is fought with guns blazing.

From what I saw and heared from the team movements where that stealth wasn't taken very seriously as the pictures of ted will show. You had the advantage of knowing that their where only 3 enemy's on patrol shouting in local but rather then observing them you tried to pick the fight. Sure, but it also meant you lost the position of the units and they could be anywhere as they respawn. I think that if this type of event would happen next time the bluefor should take more care the way they move. 

But overall it wasn't that bad. GG blazer sitting all in the guard tower. To bad you didn't find dimitrys radio (was hard one to spot). 

Anyway we hope you had a good time and see ya next event 

Thank you all who joined. I hope you enjoyed and had fun. Sucks that kozelsk lagged out and we weren't able to finish the story completely.

Basically what was supposed to happen was that col. Cherdenko's representitives were supposed to meet task force 12 inside the bunker and deliver the intel. Durin the exhange, a warning message would have been delivered stating that russian military has snooped out about the meeting and that special forces had been already deployed. Following to this, artillery was supposed to land, blowing up all the vehicles inside the bunker, forcing BLUEFOR to fight their way back to deployment zone, where Cherdenko's men were waiting to extract them away to safety.

The other maps you guys did OK, I guess. There was some confusion and like double already stated, stealth wasn't taken very seriously. But you did manage to get 3/5 intel on Leviathan and 4/5 on kubra dam, so that somewhat victory in my book. The intel department should have those computers cracked within a few days.

I would greatly appreciate it if people were to read through the event info next time so there wouldn't be so much confusion about things that were already explained.

Some snippets of an excellent use of cover. Unforunately turned on the capture software too late into the game so missed some of the best bits like that amazing hidingspot inside that watchtower where everyones feet were sticking through the wall and them people in the construction building just staring at the patrol.

Also, not very spec opsy to LOL when a whisheling truck driver drives past :D

Be very quiet!

YkJM6uj.jpg

LmBblUm.jpg

Double slipped and fell...

mY0fmaZ.jpg

Find Waldo

pi0PKds.jpg

• Upvote 4

Hey TEDF, Double_13, and PBAsydney,

That was a great series of maps; real intense.

We did start out appreciating the fact that the main objective was to get in and out with the intel in a stealthy manner but after several minutes of crawling around and not finding much Delta  decided that  eliminating you guys was not only more fun but it gave us a few minutes to try and find the intel. The hardest part about that was making sure of the kills so as to not raise the alerts.

We don't really know whether you hid anything at the Kubra dam but I was convinced that there was.

A breacher or spotter kit would have been very useful for scaling buildings etc but other than that the stealth concept was a winner.

Thanks for all the hard work that must have gone into providing such a fun event guys, we might bitch and moan about certain things sometimes but these maps were brilliantly done.

I took footage of Delta Squad for the first two maps, Leviathan and Kubra dam but forgot turn it on again for the last one which was real hilarious with vehicles floating through the bunker and hills.

I'll post the movies when I get through rendering them.

Thanks to Delta Squad members and all the players in Alpha, Bravo and Charlie squads for making this event so much fun to play!

cheers,

Kav

Leviathan Mission

Kubra Dam Mission

I was the only one who didn't die....woohoo!! :)

• Upvote 6

It was cool. So definitely thanks guys. 

But after seeing our movements and our engagements again I can see where we, I, went horribly wrong on multiple occasions. We, I, did some really dumb stuff where we, I, didn't have to. I was simply expecting a trap of some kind that we would walk into and had to avoid at all costs, I never fathomed we could just  sneak in ignore the 3 (speaking terrible Russian) guys and not engage.  Clearly that was a big mistake on my side. 

• Upvote 1

• =VG= m823us unfeatured and unpinned this topic