Website Updates and Upgrades are still underway! We don't expect any further downtime, but we thank you for your patience as we restore themes and other elements including the Chatbox.

Operation "Red Tide" Part V

TEDF

Operation "Red Tide" Part V

7pm GMT

ctLrDUz.jpg

With the conflict between Russia and NATO escalating even further, NATO has decided to deploy it's elite Task Force 12 to carry out recon missions behind enemy lines. Their main objective is to gather intel about enemy locations and to be ready to carry out secondary objectives on the field.

Event Info : 

1. This event will be sign up only, first come first server basis. To apply for position, reply to this post with preferred position / squad

2. Stealth is cruicial in these missions. All BLUEFOR units have supressed rifles and additional field dressings. Grenades, ATs and other loud weapons have been removed. Some units carry an ammobag instead of their usual armament.

3. FOBs will be disabled and there are no supply grates. Only way to respawn is by using rallypoints or by spawning on the main deployment zone and swimming to the shore.

4. Maps will be released 12-24h prior to the event to avoid people snooping out intel locations.

5. These missions are only about gathering intel. All flags will be uncappable (100000 second capture time) . If intel is found, report it's location and what it is to TEDF over TS or ingame chat

6. Items concidered as intel (not the kit on the left :biggrin:): 

SUTZxlX.jpg

7. After intel has been gathered, all surviving forces must return to the original deployment zone. 

8. Only 25 deaths per mission is allowed. Any more will result in a mission failure.

Info about stealth system : 

There will be human players patrolling on OPFOR team. No bots will be on the map until BLUEFOR units are either seen or a non silenced weapon is fired.

There are 3 types of alert states for OPFOR :

a. Green Alert - OPFOR will deploy couple of patrols in relaxed state to the area. Enemy presence in the area is unknown.

b. Yellow Alert - OPFOR has reasons to believe that there has been security breach in the area. Additional patrols will be sent out to investigate. If nothing is found then sent out patrols will return to barracks and Green Alert is given again.

c. Red Alert - Enemy presence is confirmed and rapid response units will be deployed. 

As the stealth system is nonexistent in PR,  there will be some RP rules :

Stealth is broken when :

•  non silenced weapon is fired
  •  Patrolling units hear people over mumble local / commo rose
  •  patrolling units spot enemies whlie patrolling

Stealth is not broken when :

• Patrolling units get shot by silenced weapons and die before they can fire back.
  • Patrolling units spot something, but are unable to track it down for a while.

Rules : 

1. As the RCON will be enabled during this event, stricter punishment methods will be used to prevent people from abusing the commands. All chat will be monitored during the event via PRISM.

The following goes to every single player, would that be a normal grunt, lite admin, admin or VG member /Head admin :

RCON IS ONLY TO BE USED BY THE EVENT TEAM PLAYING ON THE OPFOR SIDE!!!

• You jokingly type in chat an rcon command that doesnt work or do anything - warning. Second offence will get you removed from the event and from other "Red Tide" titled events.
  • You use RCON command  that has an effect - Removed from the event and banned from VG servers for at least a week. Also removed from future "Red Tide" titled events
  • You use RCON command that results in a server crash - Removed from the event and banned from VG server for at least a month. Also banned from any future COOP events made by the Event Factory / Melon HQ.

2. Standard VG server rules

Maps :

1. Kubra Dam

Task Force 12 is deployed from north and south. Initial recon shows that there are only couple of patrols active in the area. If the alarm is raised however, russians have rapid response units on standby and we also spotted several armored vehicles in the security base marked with ! on the map. Also several choppers have been seen delivering cargo in the area.

oC8VpWt.png

2. Leviathan

Task Force 12 is deployed from the boats SE of the area. In order to remain in stealth, they must swim to the shore and then proceed on foot. Couple of enemy patrols have been spotted in the area alongside several transport trucks delivering cargo in and out of the base.

If alarm is given, rapid response units will be deployed from the barracks in the west alongside with air units from the airbase NW.

0QwNBYR.png

3. Kozelsk

Task Force 12 assets : 

5 x HMMWV .50 cal

HQ Recieved a message from Russian Spetsnaz Colonel Anatoly Cherdenko, stating that he has some vital information that he's willing to share, but he's only willing  to give it to our most trusted and elite commandos.

Task Force 12 is tasked to retrieve the information and then make their way back to the HQ. You are given 5 HMMWVs for this task. Mount up at the deployment zone, and then move the convoy up to the bunker area. The colonel sayd he'll meet you inside the biggest bunker. It is adviced to park the vehicles inside to avoid them being spotted by UAVs.

When leaving the deployment you have 2 options, either take the long way around to the north, or to take the fast route to the west that goes through a military camp which is a very good ambush location. The choice is yours. Remember - we have no reinforcements in the area! if all HMMWVs are lost then you have no way of getting out and therefore will be assumed KIA.

Be on your guard as we have no reason to trust this colonel and it could very likely to be a trap to get rid of our commando unit.

DO NOT OPEN FIRE UNTIL YOU ARE FIRED UPON!

uEgUuIE.png

UNITS : (21)

Commander :

Alpha : 

1. Officer - Jersans

2. Medic - Rotblut

3. Rifleman - l3RY4N

4. Rifleman - Midgee

5. Rifleman - 

Bravo : 

1. Officer - HaterOneActual

2. Medic - Martin

3. Rifleman - Wafcory

4. Rifleman - Denis34312

5. Rifleman - Mic-FinSam

Charlie : 

1. Officer - Blazerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

2. Medic - Carkidd

3. Rifleman - BManz

4. Rifleman - Sausag3

5. Rifleman - Ranger_12

Delta : 

1. Officer -  Kavelenko

2. Medic - Melon (He's a GC, gets his name in red and evereyting)

3. Rifleman - Necrodude

4. Rifleman - Stark

5. Rifleman - Semler

• Upvote 8

• TEDF pinned and featured this topic

Shouldn't we fill up squad by squad with SL first? For example if I am able to attend I'd go for SL Alpha and then take Bryan as rifleman and Martin or Carkidd as medics and then etc.

I'm sure Double and Kav and Hater will be happy to lead as well and probably others. That way we'd have at minimum SL, medic and rifleman sorted for multiple squads. Or does that not make sense? 

10 minutes ago, Jersans said:

Shouldn't we fill up squad by squad with SL first? For example if I am able to attend I'd go for SL Alpha and then take Bryan as rifleman and Martin or Carkidd as medics and then etc.

I'm sure Double and Kav and Hater will be happy to lead as well and probably others. That way we'd have at minimum SL, medic and rifleman sorted for multiple squads. Or does that not make sense? 

Very good point that first the SL positions should be filled. However it also mixes the teams and you might come to play with someone you don't always play with. 

And sorry jersans I am not on the bluefor side for most of the campaign 

Alright. Discussed it with my wife and I can take Alpha as SL need a medic at the minimum and we are almost good to go. Let's get Alpha sorted and then let follow the rest. Let's organize. With double and Ted on Opfor you know we need some good people to ensure we win. In silence. 

Also. Who else will take a squad? The more we can spread the harder it will be for Opfor. You just need a medic and rifleman and stay quiet. 

I'm actually uncertain what a commander can do to add benefit in this challenge. What could he or she do? Coordinate from a hill? 

Or can we get some UAV? 

47 minutes ago, Jersans said:

With double and Ted on Opfor you know we need some good people to ensure we win. In silence. 

Who says its only the 2 of us xD

49 minutes ago, Jersans said:

I'm actually uncertain what a commander can do to add benefit in this challenge. What could he or she do? Coordinate from a hill? 

Someone needs to take the lead and make sure everything gets covered. Also he can also provide CO rallypoint in where the people can respawn when ze alarm does go of. 

You do understand that you looking for items the size of a book on a map that has plenty of hidden locations. Having people coordinate and spread out will surly help. Also commander has the task on making plans as where recon has a good overwatch position for spotting patroling units. You have to see that we (opfor)are not going to camp in a corner and wait, we will walk around in a realistic patrol and you guys have to either sneek past us or kill us silently. 

48 minutes ago, Jersans said:

can we get some UAV? 

NO

22 minutes ago, =VG= TEDF said:

Would be a bit wierd if the spec ops guys were to drag a massive UAV trailer and Command vehicle behind enemy lines ;)

You clearly never played arma where one can carry 7 rockets in a backpack. so a uav trailer should not be an issue

Maybe add some floats under the trailer and drag it with the boat

Guys, sorry I missed the last one.  1) I saw "CANCELLED" on the original post.  2) My keyboards wouldn't work.

I took apart 2 keyboards and made 1 good one...that works all the time.  :).....only to find out it's my USB port. :(

Anyway, I'm back

Kavelenko  - I'll be your huckelberry (medic).

• Upvote 2

7 hours ago, FatAlbert said:

Guys, sorry I missed the last one.  1) I saw "CANCELLED" on the original post.  2) My keyboards wouldn't work.

I took apart 2 keyboards and made 1 good one...that works all the time.  :).....only to find out it's my USB port. :(

Anyway, I'm back

Kavelenko  - I'll be your huckelberry (medic).

Welcome aboard Doc (Holiday).

• Upvote 1