Website Updates and Upgrades are still underway! We don't expect any further downtime, but we thank you for your patience as we restore themes and other elements including the Chatbox.

Videos Wanted!

Zulu

Eo9uDqP.png

First of all, I am terribly sorry for the topic spam recently so if anyone feels like bumping down my topic for others, I will gladly take that.
Now to the actual subject. I have a horrible laptop that barely supports PR itself, but lately, I have been deep into the video editing scene and especially serious, epic editing. I already tried this on ETS2 but nobody sent me anything, so I will try it here since it will probably fit even better.
Clips I'm looking for:

1. Normal (sorta boring) infantry combat (laying in a field shooting and stuff).

2. Exciting infantry AND vehicle combat:
-  tank/CAS duels, helicopters avoiding AA, 
-  vehicles fighting vehicles (generic as hell, sorry),
-  infantry fighting a vehicle,
-  infantry breaching rooms or doing some cool stuff (I'm so basic and generic, heh).

I know, I know, I could just use some clips from the trailers and the menu screen, and that's what I'll probably do, but I also wanted something specifically from the VG server because I have a little surprise for the people here that I would like to not announce publicly, at least not for now.
Judging from all I've seen, I already have about 1 minute of clips that I could take from the sources mentioned above that I will cover with these music choices:

1. A Sabaton track that I still have to decide.

2. The 1812 Overture by Tchaikovsky, in particular, the finale.

3. A Two Steps From Hell track that I still have to decide.

4. Anything else (I accept any other options you may like to share with me).

This is an exciting project I would like to start for VG to which I'm extremely grateful. Thank you for reading, Frank over.

• Upvote 2

Best of luck to you!  Just FYI, video editing and production is far more taxing on a PC/CPU than any 13 year old game.  And raw FRAPS video clips from in-game would be Gigabytes in size, not easy to transfer - other recording software may produce smaller files that can be transferred from one another easier but you're still better off getting the shots you need yourself, or participating in a recording session where you can direct your actors and get their footage afterwards.  I did something similar for the VETERANS-GAMING Insurgency for Arma 2 music video.
But again, it's all about the computer you use for that 3-6 minute video and what you use to render it, and an old laptop will certainly have it's work cut out for it.  That sucker will be rendering the final product for literal days.  Not sure what you're using for a video suite, but After Affects and Sony Vegas are plenty easy to use on most computers, but when it gets to the clip preview renderings, you're limited by your RAM for dynamic previews, and by your CPU and HDD/SSD throughput.

When you go to select music, be sure you're getting versions of it that are allowed to be used in videos (though they may monetize your video) and make sure you annotate in the description for any songs used - the ones that have automatic takedown recognition can cause your video to get pulled from YouTube with a strike against your account (3 strikes and you're done).

Again, good luck to you! I can appreciate the amount of work involved in producing a good video!

• Upvote 1

I actually have tried recording with OBS but even though the game didn't lag the video did, because for some reason my PC automatically prioritizes games over everything else, making it impossible for me to ALT+Tab out of a game even if it's really light on the laptop.
I use Camtasia, believe it or not, as nooby as it may be I find it very versatile and I'm comfortable with it. I made this a while back and I'm quite proud of it apart from some mistakes I hate. About the music, trust me when I say I know. Rag'n'bone Man's studio monetized the song in literally seconds within uploading the video. I'll try recording some clips then, hoping it will work. Thanks a lot, Semler!

• Upvote 1