Website Updates and Upgrades are still underway! We don't expect any further downtime, but we thank you for your patience as we restore themes and other elements including the Chatbox.

Operation "Red Tide" Part IV

TEDF

1 hour ago, HaterOneActual said:

I would like all of you to crew the APC's as well. Armor squad report back asap!!!

Considering there are APCs on all maps, and we don't know which map(s) you will deploy the tank(s) on, we would need to figure out the workflow a bit if the Armor squad is to be dual-purpose. Other than that, I have no problem with using both.

14 minutes ago, SerEvergreen said:

Considering there are APCs on all maps, and we don't know which map(s) you will deploy the tank(s) on, we would need to figure out the workflow a bit if the Armor squad is to be dual-purpose. Other than that, I have no problem with using both.

Isn't it just about warriors on saaremaa though? I trully wouldn't put VABs in the same league as warriors considering theirs serious lack of firepower. I would rather see them as assets for full inf SQs. 

Nevertheless, I am completely fine with operating APC as well.

Question: Will the Russians be fielding PT-76 tanks on the first map? It is what they would realistically field in an amphibious assault like this, and the tanks are already in the game. 

EDIT: Nevermind, they are all retired by now. Amphibious tanks would still be cool to fight.

They do have the ability to land tanks via LCAC, though...

A bit intel on Saturday's event : 

Nuijamaa will be skipped due to issues with the map. Instead we shall redo iron ridge with FDF as the defending faction and with 5 - 10 minute setup time for defending forces before russians arrive. 

The Defending forces are not allowed to further than the most southern blue circle (flag). Russian attack will be triggered with the city cap by the russians

Maps will be uploaded tomorrow

FDF Assets : 

4 x HMMWV 50.cal (5 minute respawn)

3 x HMMWV Support (5 minute respawn)

1 x Logistics truck (20min respawn)

4 x VAB (10 minute respawn)

CTedaLc.png

• Upvote 2

Please inform people on the server/TS that this event is taking place and invite them to participate in it so the team can grow in size. 

Pending the suggestions/comments given from last event.

Spawning / kits

Once again please hold your spawn until the all clear is given or until a scrub spawns in to early. (Kugh blazer)

Do not take limited kits (HAT/Combat Engineer/ and others) without approval from your SL and Commander.

Squads

Do not argue with your SL about his decisions, if you do the SL is allowed to kick you from the squad.

You have to join a squad.

SL have to follow commanders orders. 

Do not steal assets that are not assigned to you by commander. 

Other

Bluefor is not allowed to recapture flags (pushing back from neutral to blue is allowed).

Sitting on Opfor capped flags is not allowed. 

Do not switch to Opfor team.

Fobs past defensive lines have to be removed to prevent people pushing to opfor flags.

Please report people that are not following these and the general server rules during the event, so the issue can be resolved ASAP.

Once again ted and I shall be on the opfor team managing the bots so they provide realistic pushes. Further I shall be in the bluefor team as well to monitor where as the rules are been followed.

We hope you will have a great time during our event and we hope to see you on the next one. 

19 hours ago, =VG= TEDF said:

A bit intel on Saturday's event : 

Nuijamaa will be skipped due to issues with the map. Instead we shall redo iron ridge with FDF as the defending faction and with 5 - 10 minute setup time for defending forces before russians arrive. 

The Defending forces are not allowed to further than the most southern blue circle (flag). Russian attack will be triggered with the city cap by the russians

Maps will be uploaded tomorrow

FDF Assets : 

4 x HMMWV 50.cal (5 minute respawn)

3 x HMMWV Support (5 minute respawn)

1 x Logistics truck (20min respawn)

4 x VAB (10 minute respawn)

CTedaLc.png

I will update battle plans to include Iron Ridge and send you emplacement locations asap.

15 hours ago, Connorsponner01 said:

Hey i would like to take part in this event, i dont mind what i do but last time i let you all down when i never turned up to the event because of IRL problems.

Join us in Alpha Group if you want Connor.  We're strictly an infantry squad. If you're interested please let me know your preferred kit (don't say sniper).

Keep an eye on this forum for updates on the Event time, looks like its going to be postponed which is fair enough given the latest PR update came out.

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, =VG= Kavelenko said:

Join us in Alpha Group if you want Connor.  We're strictly an infantry squad. If you're interested please let me know your preferred kit (don't say sniper).

Keep an eye on this forum for updates on the Event time, looks like its going to be postponed which is fair enough given the latest PR update came out.

I dont mind any but HAT or Medic

On 5/19/2017 at 7:18 AM, =VG= TEDF said:

Well, since there's an update, event will be postponed once again. Will give out the new date asap

Well, at least I'll be able to be there!  Dang timing of these updates is crazy!  We need to get off their cycle somehow, seems each event is preceded by an official update, and that has us scrambling to reconfigure the VG server with too little time before the events.  I'll be working with Melon and TEDF when I get home this next week, and we'll devise a system for minimal downtime and no screwup's with regards to our PR Server update procedure.  This just couldn't be anticipated, and so we gotta reschedule.  Thanks for understanding, loyal PR players!! 

:hi:

• Upvote 1