• Announcements

• =VG= SemlerPDX

VG Servers are Down - *UPDATED* TS3 Server is back; some game servers still offline, updated estimate is a few more days until game servers are back online...   04/15/2017

Sunday April 16th 2017:
      I've just received an email from the Server Host in Germany.  They host the server that runs our TS3 and various game servers here including Project Reality, and Arma 2 & 3.  Apparently, there has been a fault with our server host, possibly a hardware failure or such, but all servers in one part of their data center were affected including ours. We do not have further details at this time, but unfortunately this means VG Servers will be down until we can regain access to our server.  We were not given a time frame estimate or specific details of what damage was incurred, and we do not know if we have lost any data that was on the server.  We've been with this host for many, many years, and we've had nothing but great connections and fast servers.  Clearly this is a rare occurrence and we need to be patient as we weather this storm. I feel particularly bad for our loyal Project Reality players who were very patient waiting for our server to get it's most recent update, and I wish I could do something immediately to fix this.  It's a sad truth that it is out of our hands for the time being as we await contact from our host, and get a detailed damage report and estimate of how long until we are online again.  Of course, I've contacted the other head administrators at VG and apprised them of the situation.  We will update you all as we get information. Thank you all for your patience and understanding!
Corky

Hey y'all

10 posts in this topic

I'm Corky, been a member for awhile but never tried to engage. I work full time but am looking to improve my PC game-time if possible.

I play Arma3 mostly and would enjoy playing with some of y'all if you'll have me. Have been getting used to milsim tactics and realism including uniforms and weapons/gear in a Steam squad I belong to. But I need more semi-serious team/squad or just join and go kill time, either is fine.

I can play Rifleman, Autorifleman, Grenadier or AT, never played mechanic but can learn. I can fly helis too. I don't do medic or windows.

I'm in the Mountain time zone.

I will try to pop in on a server to see if I can help out. I don't know what addons are allowed so I will go vanilla and ask around if anyone's on.

Welcome to the community.

It is great to see the diversity in games and game play support that exists in the =VG= Universe.

It can only be richer since you came aboard.

Welcome!  Thanks for the intro.  Yea, we're running vanilla Arma 3, but we've considered making one of the servers vanilla and the other with a few choice mods.

See you around!

Hey man welcome to the community. Glad you're able to pop in and say hi and introduce yourself I always appreciate another fellow infantry person in the milsim genre.  Shame that you don't do windows though, I was looking to find a professional wiper in my area. Just kidding man.

You've actually got a large number of people that do the ARMA series of games as well as PR.

And if you've got TeamSpeak you be able to find a lot of us there. I just jump into a game and do some missions with some folks. One of the best decisions of my life I have met a lot of great people this way.

I'll see you on the battlefield hopefully without our barrels pointed at each.

-m8

Welcome.

Cant really comment much on the Arma scene as I hardly play it  but hopefully we will talk soon on either TS / PR.

23 hours ago, Corky said:

I'm Corky, been a member for awhile but never tried to engage. I work full time but am looking to improve my PC game-time if possible.

I play Arma3 mostly and would enjoy playing with some of y'all if you'll have me. Have been getting used to milsim tactics and realism including uniforms and weapons/gear in a Steam squad I belong to. But I need more semi-serious team/squad or just join and go kill time, either is fine.

I can play Rifleman, Autorifleman, Grenadier or AT, never played mechanic but can learn. I can fly helis too. I don't do medic or windows.

I'm in the Mountain time zone.

I will try to pop in on a server to see if I can help out. I don't know what addons are allowed so I will go vanilla and ask around if anyone's on.

Hey man! Welcome to the community, whether u play PR or Arma or any other game its good to see people joining :D hope to talk soon.

Connor.

Yo Corky, have fun playing on Veterans. It's a great community for milsim player. Welcome to the show.

Thanks for the greets, guys. I have been looking on Steam for a group related to VG but can't decide which one to join. There are none listed like "=VG=" but plenty of other VG variations.

When I join the VG servers, do I need my nick to match my username here? It is probably an obvious answer if I want people to recognize me but a Steam Group would take care of that. I don't mind changing my username on Steam but I already know some folks there. It might be easier to change my nick here.

Anyways, hope to see ya soon on the servers.

EDIT: I found a "=VG=" group but it don't look like it's yoos guys.