Website Updates and Upgrades are still underway! We don't expect any further downtime, but we thank you for your patience as we restore themes and other elements including the Chatbox.

4.33 wingman comm box not displaying fully

gshrop

1. When did this start happening to you?
2. Have you just recently changed anything such as game updates, OS updates, etc.  ?
3. Are you running the most recent version of BMS (currently 4.33.3)?
4. Does this problem only happen online on our server, or also when you fly offline on your PC?

Post up answers to these questions when you can.
You may need to re-download & reinstall BMS to verify that files are not corrupt - but you will want to delete any installers you have on your system first, and start from scratch.
*as Brain said, do not reinstall yet - it's a last resort and we aren't there yet.  Just know that it "may" be needed later.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Brain said:

The BMS installer always does an integrity check on the available packages, that's why it's taking so long to load.

Are you certain that pre-load check is not only for the Tommo Inc/Falcon 4 validation check?  I could see how a full file verification could take place, it's just that the check is not so long for me (approximately 4 seconds from Launch to Main Menu loaded).  I realize I am loading from a secondary Solid State Drive and may be experiencing faster load times myself versus the HDD that the server loads BMS from (approximately 30-40 seconds from Launch to Main Menu loaded) -- but I was unaware that the entire 5.67 GB game folder was searched for the integrity of all game files during this pre-load check.  I thought it was just a check for Falcon 4.0 license/installation in it's pre-load verification.

Did you read somewhere that BMS gets an entire game files integrity check during each load?  That would really help in troubleshooting to know that fact with certainty...

• Upvote 1

Bollocks!
Sry, now I know what you're talking about. I was referring to the BMS setup. I was just assuming there was no tinkering AFTER the installation, because I know not to do that because of problems like this ;))
Alright, we're getting 'mildly off topic' here and that's a lot of text for such a simple problem :D

TL:DR Here are a few questions:

1. When did this start happening to you?
2. Have you just recently changed anything such as game updates, OS updates, etc.  ?
3. Are you running the most recent version of BMS (currently 4.33.3)?
4. Does this problem only happen online on our server, or also when you fly offline on your PC?

5. Did you install any mods?
6. Tell us anything else you could think off
7. Remember the scrrenshot

• Upvote 1

I'm not a big fan of Win 10 at the moment and you're running it in a virtual machine ... if I'm getting this last part right. That sounds a bit fishy and BMS is already very temperamental.

Not sure how many Apple experts we have around here, you might have to check somewhere else for help with compatibly. Luckily BMS still only uses DX9.
In the mean time, if you have a dual boot system or can arrange that, that might be a way around it for now.

Waiting patiently for the screenshot, maybe it's revealing.

• Upvote 1

I have (created) the same issue on my set-up.  It's a Win 10 setting.  Right mouse click on blank area of desktop => Display Settings ... then adjust first slider under "Change size text, apps and other items" .  Try smaller number (default is 150%).  I have a 4K monitor ... graphics are amazing ... but makes Icons, text, etc extremely small.  I have mine set at 250% for my old eyes.  Works great for my desktop ... but I have the same issue (text too big) with dialog box when selecting commands in-flight .  

Hope this helps

• Upvote 1

• 3 months later...

Or if you set the screen resolution to 1920x 1260 or run in in a window the problem goes away. the virtual machines have a max resolution outside a standard screen, where they get it from IDK.

And for the record Ive been flying BMS since 4.32 on Windows 10 with no issues at all apart from their coding issues and the fact few of the creators have something called sense, yada yada yada. Sorry lost it for a minute there. Basically your screens showing you a 1920 x 1260 portion of a 2260 x 1260 picture.

Alter settings, try again and another happy customer

• Upvote 1