Website Updates and Upgrades are still underway! We don't expect any further downtime, but we thank you for your patience as we restore themes and other elements including the Chatbox.

PR COOP Rules Discussion

=VG= keed

• =VG= SemlerPDX unlocked, pinned, featured and unfeatured this topic
18 hours ago, SerEvergreen said:

For example, as TEDF's sentiment has pointed out, it would be more optimal and healthy for admins to treat the server rules as a guideline and cast judgements accordingly based on common senses and experiences of ...

...Hopefully we can move forward in discussion with this in mind to make things easier.

Obviously admins need to 'feel' the server and just keep it clean and bend the rules when applicable. It's not a Nazi job where you have to enforce the rules at all times.

It's about fun.

I had previously heard some rumours and adjustments (you must join a squad) that turned out to be false and not the rule of thumb let alone the general rule. So it's good we keep talking .

Now as for the APC discussion, I think we all agree that jeeps and trucks are up for grabs to the squad that uses them effectively. 

My only point is that you can have a full infantry squad cooperating in an APC and thus winning a map. Or you can have a bunch of guys using armoured personnel carriers as tanks. That's it. Personally I have seen little proper usage of APC's by an APC squad and therefore I am a big fan of the IFV (Mechanical Infantry) squad as a rule suggestion. In some maps this should be the rule per definition (imho) and it would be fun for everyone, noobs and veterans. With Operation Marlin for example I think that all infantry squads should be IFV-I, II etc. and get it sorted.

But that's just my opinion and like all opinions they're assholes because everyone has one. 

I just want to throw it out there.