Website Updates and Upgrades are still underway! We don't expect any further downtime, but we thank you for your patience as we restore themes and other elements including the Chatbox.

Kicked for being CO

Zulu

So I was playing today and I accidentally clicked "Apply for Commander" I told people to vote No but apparently they voted Yes instead. I thought about it for a sec and then said "Ah whatever let's try.". It wasn't going too bad and I was able to communicate with Squads and to give orders fine. Near the end of the match I decide to move in with the others and see a tank camping behind sandbags: after a couple or requests, I get angry and tell him to "fu**ing move" and after that, got a warning from Double_13 saying "Stop saying that". I asked why, since we were all adults and he said that it was "getting annoying" so I got angry and said instead "Move your gentle back" to mock the fact that apparently swearing is a no-no. Then, I got resigned from Commander with no warnings. At that point I was furious and started talking to him, to which he replied with another warning telling me to shut up and play. Then instead of continuing I gave up and re-applied for Commander, being accepted again.

And then, I was kicked. I was kicked for being accepted as Commander. Apparently he received "complaints about my behaviour" although for the whole time as CO I only received messages about situations and requests for crates. It looked like people didn't hate me and even though I wasn't that good of a Commander they didn't say a word when I gave them instructions or cheered them up, told them not to give up an objective and gave them tips. And yes, I sweared a bit, I'll admit it, but again I didn't see anyone telling me that maybe I should have stopped.

I'm just really frustrated because I didn't even get to finish the game. Sorry for annoying you.

ADDED: I was kicked again, I guess for Reserved Slots even though there are 0 Reserved Slots? Thing is, I got kicked. Not one of the useless idiots who was sitting at base checking his Instagram or the guy in the tank shooting at the air. If you have something against me tell me mate.

I am the admin who kicked you. 

Following the comments given to me by Sl and TS  you are a disruptive player that seeks to bring up negative attitude from people and you where spamming squads using commander position. As playing right now you are still bringing up very negative attitude and I expect you to be banned for it anytime soon. 

Therefor I would like to warn you again to stop you negative and disruptive behaviour before you will be banned.  

The role of the Commander is not to micro-manage players, vehicles, and squads, or to supply unsolicited tips or morale boosts (though used appropriately, they are indeed appreciated in any game).
If people don't go to the objectives you mark, don't try to enforce it or start yelling at players.  Just play the game.  Being a commander doesn't grant you rank over other soldiers in the game.
Also, pro tip: don't keep taking on a role you're not familiar with or good at yet, this isn't a training server. PTFO
Plenty of places you can have a go at being commander; when you're well practiced and you know the maps and tactics of PR, and how to not micro-manage players, you'll be properly accepted as a commander by these guys, instead of just a blind vote from blueberries pressing buttons.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, =VG= Double_13 said:

I am the admin who kicked you. 

Following the comments given to me by Sl and TS  you are a disruptive player that seeks to bring up negative attitude from people and you where spamming squads using commander position. As playing right now you are still bringing up very negative attitude and I expect you to be banned for it anytime soon. 

Therefor I would like to warn you again to stop you negative and disruptive behaviour before you will be banned.  

What negative comments and what negative attitude? Saying "Don't give up" to a squad that's attacking? Spamming squads? What does that even mean? And how was I bringing up very negative attitude? You're the one who threatened to perma ban me for saying this exact thing: "Waiting for Logi to spawn is so exciting, you never know when it's gonna happen" and you said "If you don't stop you're getting perm banned".

I don't understand where you're getting all this fuzz, you could just talk to me nicely like Semler did (thanks for the tips, will try following them), but you decide to treat me like an idiot. You could just tell me "Please stop acting this way" or "Stop saying that thing" but instead you warned me once without explaining much and then kicked me.

To answer Semler, I probably was a bit over the ranks because I never did it before, and nobody really tried to tell me anything. I only received positive feedback like people asking for help or reporting something.

EDIT: I'm going to sleep. I'll see what you've left tomorrow.

The fact that 5+ people over teamspeak complained about your behaviour showed that you where making more trouble then good. As I kicked you before (I think kicked 2 times and timebanned you for (60 min) ) it should have made it clear, that you that your behaviour is not accepted on our server. Thus bringing me to your quote of me. This was provided after the time ban I gave you as it showed to me you kept on with the negative comments. It might be that I had it wrongly interpatated it ,but with the recent history before I don't think it was out of proportion. 

This is been said the rounds after it you showed more gameplay behaviour and to me and other no longer saw signs of disruptive behaviour. 

I have no negative attitude about you nor was my previous comment meant to be negative in any way. I only reply and informed why I did my actions. 

Anyway I find it good that you sought out for clarity on our forum and I hope that our future encounter can be a better one than last time. Feel free to hop on our teamspeak for help or just a chat. 

See ya on the field 

The role of commander is to manage squads and make sure everyone works as a team, and nobody in this forum is opposing this idea. However, unlike in real military, PR CO-OP commander is not someone who spent a lot of time designing and practicing strategies and implentment it so that their soldiers get to see a light tomorrow and go back to their families at the end of their deployment. Someone who is not proven to be a "commander-worthy" can become a commander by a mistake, and the consequences could be fatal for all of us.

I have seen plenty of times where a commander, who I shall not name, tried to control every single movement of my squad and hindered our squad's performance because of this "micro-management." Soldiers and their squad leader are on the field, and they know the situation best unless you provide them a UAV support. If you cannot provide an intel they're not aware of, you are as blind as they are and the only thing that is keeping them alive is their own instincts and judgment. And I am not trying to undermine your skills and experiences, but there are people in the server who played this game for a VERY long time and have a map in their head that shows every bot's movement. I hate to be rude to a stranger, but some people are simply better than you.

Now, am i saying you are a bad commander? Absolutely not. You just haven't provided an example or instance where your judgment helped the team and made people start trusting you. Just like what you see in the 4th episode of Band of Brothers, you do not trust someone who just joined your squad. You "earn" their respect, and you do it by playing it smart and playing it often.

You see a squad is not listening your order and believe they're in a harm's way? Let them know the situation and see what happens. If they can overcome the difficulties of the battlefield, you make an apology saying that you underestimated their ability and make an adjustment to your original strategy. If they lose and realize they made a mistake, then they will start trusting your more. If you make enough smart moves and people start seeing it, you will start seeing a lot more people asking you what to do and how to do it.

This isn't the first time where someone complained about people not listening to his command, and this won't be the last. So don't take people's words personally and try to understand the situation. Double seems to be cool with you so play with him and you will see soon enough that a lof of people would love to have you. Just don't expect a hospitality like from other games....... which...... i....... can't....... think of...... ah whatever.

• Upvote 6

All I can add to what ZZANG1847 & =VG= SemlerPDX wrote is the suggestion that you start small. 

Join or lead a squad.

Like it has been mentioned, focus first on the small team building roles.

Get to know the Pros and Cons of working with different types of players.

Adopt support roles, e.g, run APC/vehicle transport, medical support, rescue & recovery, logistics, perimeter defense, etc.

There are specific Events like the ones being put together by TEDF and Melon. Be ready to participate in them.

Given time, if you are consistent, observant, supportive and trusted, being commander will be just another role and skill set in your tool box.

See You out here Soldier!!

• Upvote 3

A Commander role..

It is changed, it's not like BF2 or anything, but you are talking about PR. Completely different than other mods, this CO position requires a good sense of strategy, knowledge of the game itself and mainly having an experience of communication around with other squads in a team (SPEAKS ENGLISH in general), it's not easy to become CO without having any of them above..

Following what ZZANG1847 said, i'm agree.. when theres under-populated server, players sometimes not doing their objective.. instead doing some bad stuffs, like teamkilling, trashtalks, loafing around or even wasting assets/considering this =VG= Co-op as a practice server.

As Lite-Admin among people, i'm just trying to make the server running, me myself being commander is necessary (is a must when the team struggling/nowhere to go), even tho if they had not following orders, i still have to help them winning a game or it's going to be unpopulated (bored/intentionally losing/burn tickets). Disobeying the rules on under-populated server? I do believe that the rules still remain active even if theres no admins around.. those who done that will be warned/kicked, done it multiple times means banned by Admins.

I have seen good CO's around Co-op servers, like Hater, Double, Melon or even SoldierOfMisfortune for example. They're proved themselves, earned respect from other players in the team. Being active on supporting all squads in a team is one of CO's job to do in-game- (building FOB, UAV recon, giving area attacks, strategy and orders)

Area Attacks has no been used in under-populated server while i'm being CO's in weeks ago. But still, it's an useful firepower if theres a lots of Inf or huge of Armors nearby squads position. It's a best way to turn back the battle for being overrunned by the enemy forces.. only had to ask for the SL's to call an Area Attack to desired place and make it up for it-

UAV is very crucial while playing as a sitting duck CO on carrier/base, it's not counted as doing nothing, but it's very useful for telling the enemy movements around the map, and report to SL's about the intel, so they can make a counter-attack/avoid it as possible, in order to make a progress.. not just relying on their instincts/own skills or abilities to predict movements-

I haven't been playing as CO's for a week, but i'm already gain some of the respects around as a CO's when =VG= is under-populated.. (and also as Lite-Admin too :P), being helpful and constructive in battle is what i'm trying to do on winning a game as CO, even if someone trying to be jerk/not obeying orders, have to be patience.. it's fun, had no problems with it

I do recommend to "read the Manual" again on "Commanders" page, should be helping you if wanted to do as CO next time..

See ya on field, i'm still downloading the newest PR installer (v1.4.0.0) coz my game files are corrupted and i have to reinstall and redownload the main file (yet again :(), since the older installer (v1.3.5.0) seems to be not working at all..

Cheers,

Inch

"I do not accept and refuse when there's a CO leading the team with a Sniper kit-" >:(

• Upvote 5

I slept everything away, and I'd like to apologize. I was too pumped and I thought I was the smartest guy ever without even thinking about anything. I have already been SL and I had received some positive comments, so I think I can handle that  thanks everyone for your tips and I'll make sure that stupid shi* never happens again.

• Upvote 7