Website Updates and Upgrades are still underway! We don't expect any further downtime, but we thank you for your patience as we restore themes and other elements including the Chatbox.

Melon's Second PR Event

=VG= Melon Muncher

Here is an open invitation to join a Fire Team/Rescue Squad that can be sent out by the Commander for support and emergencies.

It will require patience and focus on the mission objective given.

Heck, you may not see any action all round if the rest of the team is doing an excellent job!!

But it can be a good morale booster knowing that they have back up they can trust.

With the long wait for kits and resources it may be a smart plan to have a back up team swoop in and rescue fallen units or retrieve key kits.

No formality necessary, just sign up on the day. We are, after all, a "classified" branch of the War effort!! LOL!!

TOP SECRET – “OPERATION BRITISH CRUMPET”

Our main objective is to extract British forces from Bamyan with minimal casualties. Our APCs are regarded as key assets in this operation- Special care is to be taken, so that we can extract our APCs safely.

Note: A loss of an APC will be unacceptable and the "MOD" has stated that replacements are costly!

Expect heavy resistance from local Taliban forces, current enemy assets in the area: UNKNOWN.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Our forces will be broken up as follows:

1)      APC SQUAD – CALLSIGN: APCs, SL: =VG= TEDF

Our main armored force in charge of operating our Warrior APCs.

2)      MECH INF – CALLSIGN: KIWI, SL: Kavelenko

Will remain with APCs and use them as transport. Main role is to protect APCs and ensure no harm is done to them.

3)      FOB INF – CALLSIGN: SCHNITZEL, SL: =VG= Double_13

Main role is establishing our forward operation bases ahead of the main force. Will also be used as a QRF (Quick reaction Force) if required.

4)       MAIN FORCE

ALCOHOL, SL: Teejay001

HATER INF, SL: HaterOneActual

CHEEKI BREEKI, SL: VODKA Dragovich

Main force will go ahead, establishing and securing checkpoints, so that our APCs can pass through safely.

5)      RECON – CALLSIGN: REC SQ, SL: [MG:S] SpL1ff3r

Recon will go ahead and seek out strategic enemy location and will relay critical information back to HQ.  

6)      TRANSPORT, PILOT: =VG= Keed

7)      ALL REMAINING FORCES NOT MENTIONED ARE TO ASSIST MECH INF IN DEFENDING THE APCS

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PLAN OF OPERATION:

Phase 1

FOB INF – Board and co-ordinate with TRANSPORT. Establish FOB 1.

MECH INF & APC SQUAD – Secure Checkpoint A and await further instruction.

MAIN FORCE – Secure checkpoints B, C & D. Specific Checkpoints will be allocated to each squad on the day. Once secured, take defensive positons and await instruction.

RECON – Set up within the main city and provide over watch.

Phase 2

FOB INF – Move and secure Checkpoint B ahead of our incoming APCS.

MECH INF & APC SQUAD – On the order, move in and secure Checkpoint B.

MAIN FORCE – Remain at specified Checkpoints. Prepare to receive incoming convoy.

TRANSPORT – Provide Supplies as required.

RECON – Continue to provide over watch.

Phase 3

FOB INF – Board and co-ordinate with TRANSPORT. Establish FOB 2.

MECH INF & APC SQUAD – Once FOB 2 is established, move through the town and wait at FOB 2.

MAIN FORCE –  Assist the convoy.

RECON – Set up on Mosque at E5 and provide over watch.

Phase 4

FOB INF – Board and co-ordinate with TRANSPORT. Establish FOB 3.

MECH INF & APC SQUAD – Await further instruction at FOB 2.

MAIN FORCE – Secure checkpoints E, F & G. Specific Checkpoints will be allocated to each squad on the day. Once secured, take defensive positons and await instruction.

RECON – Continue to provide over watch near FOB 2. Assist APCs.

Phase 5

FOB INF – Move in and assist incoming APCS.

MECH INF & APC SQUAD – On the order, move in head to Checkpoint G.

MAIN FORCE – Remain at specified Checkpoints. Prepare to receive incoming convoy.

TRANSPORT – Provide Supplies as required.

RECON – Move to Checkpoint G and continue to provide over watch.

Phase 6

FOB INF – Board and co-ordinate with TRANSPORT. Establish FOB 4.

MECH INF & APC SQUAD – Await further instructions at checkpoint G.

MAIN FORCE – Two squads will remain and assist APCS at checkpoint G. Remaining squad will head to FOB 4. Tasks will be assigned on the day.

RECON – Move to FOB 4.

Phase 7

ALL FORCES – On the command, advance and secure checkpoint H.

Phase 8

ALL FORCES – Head to Exfil (Hopefully back in time for tea!).

- Please note that there are eight key phases to this operation, so be aware that there will be a lot of moving “chess pieces”.

- Any requests for supplies (apart from those needed for the FOBs) are to come through me first.

- If anyone has questions or spots any mistakes in my plans, please don’t hesitate to contact me, there will also be a small two-minute briefing at the start of the round.

Good luck and see you all on the battlefield!

GOD SAVE THE QUEEN.

Cheers. BLAZER.

Untitled.jpg

• Upvote 6

Commandah Bushido, your host on Iron & Beirut here,

Just a quick info concerning tomorrows battle. Nothing fancy just basic stuff :

1. Iron Ridge

Basically gonna have inf spawn in the city and defend the flags that are assigned to the squads. Piece of cake. Nothing complicated. If we do lose those flags then just hunker up around HQ and hide in the buildings.

2. Beirut

A. Inf squads will spawn at docks area,  mount in the merkavas / hmmwvs / trucks and rush to the bridge (merkavas can carry 6 passengers - 50cal gunner does NOT need a crewman kit!!! )

B. one of the INF squads is to spawn on the ship alongside with a recon squad.

B.1 Looking for volunteers for small (4-5 man max) Recon squad whose main task would be to search and destroy enemy mortars and to disrupt enemy armored reinforcements from reaching the bridge area.

C. Looking for volunteers for bridge repair duty (2 ppl)

3. Additional info will be distributed to the squad leaders on demand. (Poke on TS or send a PM on site - also add an estimated number of squad members if possible)

All who plan to lead a squad on those maps + Pilots, please drop by the Command Channel on TS before the battle to recieve further info and details on what your squad is supposed to do. 

I'm also going to run the Mighty Techy Force squad on Karbala so if you want to add more salt to your storage area and get LAT-ed a lot, let me know :)

• Upvote 5

Generally a successful evening.

Thank you Melon for organising and preparing an event in a short amount of time. Hopefully we will get another shot at those maps where the tickets were bugged. :blush:

As promised, I filmed the entire event and I am currently rendering and will edit asap.

Time to completion: 1/2 Days - Sorry for the wait!!! :Alvarin_07:

• Upvote 3

9 hours ago, Blazer said:

Generally a successful evening.

Thank you Melon for organising and preparing an event in a short amount of time. Hopefully we will get another shot at those maps where the tickets were bugged. :blush:

As promised, I filmed the entire event and I am currently rendering and will edit asap.

Time to completion: 1/2 Days - Sorry for the wait!!! :Alvarin_07:

Yeah thanks @Melon that was a lot of fun. We had a mumble malfunction which really screwed up the comms on IronRidge but the Beirut map was fantastic, that bridge making turned out to be rather difficult but the guys did a great job, Pity we didnt cap all the flags but we got close, Karbala and Bamyam were a bit too short, in hind sight perhaps more tickets for the Bots would have been better. But once again team work by all squads and commanders was excellent!

• Upvote 2

Hey guys, there will definately be a rerun of the events. I'm a bit dissapointed about the tickets, really not sure what happened there. Even beirut ended too quickly.

I've got some more events in the works but maybe I'll add a fixed karbala, bamyan and iron ridge to the next event with a few new ones.

• Upvote 7

11 hours ago, =VG= Melon Muncher said:

Hey guys, there will definately be a rerun of the events. I'm a bit dissapointed about the tickets, really not sure what happened there. Even beirut ended too quickly.

I've got some more events in the works but maybe I'll add a fixed karbala, bamyan and iron ridge to the next event with a few new ones.

Sound great Melon.

If you find the way to fix the ticket bleed, all those maps and situations are fantastic and really fun to play.

Thanks for your hard work mate.

Regards.

Martin

Promising missions melon! I like how the event was just a teaser (trial period) of the real thing. ;)

Next time let's do a briefing in the staging area and over the general plan with the whole team. Then reset the map and boom: gametime. 

PS: Loved the AA-milan spam on banyan <3

• Upvote 1