Website Updates and Upgrades are still underway! We don't expect any further downtime, but we thank you for your patience as we restore themes and other elements including the Chatbox.

Melon's Second PR Event

=VG= Melon Muncher

Alright, a few major things!

THE DATE HAS CHANGED, the event will now be held on FRIDAY THE 10th

this is due to PRT falling on the same day and losing quite a few player to it.

THE DOWNLOAD IS UP!!! check the first post

On karbala there are only insurgent pickup kits, no US weapons. (time constraints)

On Bamyan, the convoy has had some major gameplay changes to make apc play more fun and hopefully keep them in a supporting role instead of hidden away.
APCs will respawn after 10 minutes, so there will always be apcs available. There is a vehicle depot at the start point, so apcs can repair and rearm but no logistics. Once an apc is tracked it's pretty much a lost asset.
Combat engineers can no longer repair the warriors

Heres a few screens from the test session, karbala and building the bridge on beirut

screen004.jpgscreen006.jpg

• Upvote 5

11 hours ago, Teejay001 said:

For now I do inf sq.

With :

=MF=Luke

"Blazer" ( if he want to join )

"Ryan" and his friends. ( Not 100% if they going to join yet)

Feel free to join.. Just let me know. :) 

Hi Teejay, If you want I can join your squad on Iron Ridge and Karbala. Any kit you need

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, l3RY4N said:

I guess i'll be a leftover then. I'll join any squad who takes me

I couldn't find you defined or signing up for a squad, so I just put you under the leftovers. This so we know who signed up, and who already has a squad. If you wish to join a squad feel free to post it, and I'll update the post. 

1 hour ago, Teejay001 said:

My sq for now :

Luke

Blazer

Sledge ( 2 maps )

Stark

Badploy

Knifer

Lo - nolan

l3RY4N  feel free to join! :)

Ryan and friend still not sure.. So feel free to join..

Full=full :P 

TS 30 min before event pls so we can talk about and make things clear.

Sorry Teejay but Stark58 has already signed up with Alpha Group.

Kav

• Upvote 1

But who will be filming this. @Rotblut sent me a link for the last event to do it but I don't know how to make it work. I simply can't get it to work. I'm an idiot.

Just btw. I saw an amazingly funny video from (I believe) last year where (I think) @=VG= Recon was a journalist and had to film, do nothing and rely on his babysitters. It's fun to watch I recommend it. 

The sheer humorous stuff/jokes and action we'll most definitely have could be captured from multiple angles by those who know how and can.

It is always fun to relive the moment or see what went wrong or even if you weren't there (like I was at the 'journalist' event) to just view how much fun it was.  

Anybody filming?

9 hours ago, Jersans said:

Anybody filming?

That's a great idea Jersans. I'd love it if someone got footage of the Beirut map especially, that part where we have to span the broken sections of the bridge with support bridges it will be hilarious.

Double reckons its easy but I dont agree, took me an hour to put up two bridges and  I lost at least four Logi's and two tanks attempting it...lol.

• Upvote 1

using Rcon commands to spawn me 5 logi's East of the bridge (so i dont have to rearm) it took me around 15 min to setup 1 bridge. So with rearming it should be able to do this in 30 min. 
I managed to build the second bridge for 80% because for some odd reason its able to build both sides at the same time for the price of one bride if the logi is near the center. 

@Kavelenko. Oh man.  I just tested the maps. Beirut is going to be real tough. 2 Logi trucks x 2 support bridges to get the tanks across like 8 holes. We're going to need a very dedicated Logi squad to make that happen with full fire suppression. I recommend @WCCBadploy for that mission. That's going to be insane. 

I took the chopper to fly over finally and not pretty mate. Not pretty. We definitely have to film that. 

• Upvote 2

Here we go, commander Melon reporting for Karbala!!!

So the aim is simple, defend the flags and bleed the enemy tickets.

For those confused how this map works or misunderstand I'm going to explain in more detail. There are 9 flags in total, the main HQ which will bleed all our tickets if the enemy captures it, and 8 surrounding flags. The 8 surrounding flags are grouped into 4 quadrants, and inner and an outer flag, NW, NE, SE and SW.
The flags marked A are the primary flags, the bots will attack these four flags first until capturing one. After capturing they will move on the next flag in the quadrant and continue to attack the rest of the flags marked A.
Example; The bots capture the NW outer flag, they will then begin attacking the NW inner flag and once captured move onto the HQ.

ingamemap.jpg
COMMANDER TIME!!!!

Basic info about the map, we have two 50 cal techies, three ammo techies and an SPG techie.
The 50 cals spawn at the mosque with the repair station
SPG spawns at the HQ
Ammo techies are scattered.
We also have a bunch of pickup kits, (snipers, AA, IED and MG) on the roof of the HQ

SPG and 50 cals are to be used only by QRF, whichever squad wants to run them let me know (needs to be 8 man squad).

At the start of the map there are two spawns, one on the HQ (left spawn point) and the other will spawn you randomly in the city. The HQ spawn will disappear after 5 minutes.

At round start I only want the QRF squad to spawn at the HQ.
The rest of the infantry is to spawn on the random spawn and move to the nearest outer flag (marked A), do not regroup with your squad at this point just defend that nearest flag.
I will assign the 50 cal techies to run transport, slowly regrouping squads together but still leaving flags defended.
Hopefully I can get a squad on each flag, but may have to assign a techie team from the QRF to defend one of the less assaulted flags
IF we lose one of the outer flags I will begin defending heavily on the next inner flag.
Remember to keep all squad leaders updated and let me know if you're being overrun.
I will be running one of the ammo techies and dropping commander rallies between squad coordination.

As for the event I have some news,

I do have to work the day, so there's a very good chance I'm going to be running off early hopefully late enough to see karbala through but who knows.

I still need a commander and warrior operators for Bamyan please. I don't care if you think you're shit, any commander is better than no commander. PLAYERS CAN NOW CHOOSE MORE THAN 2 SLOTS NOW TOO!!!!!

Prior to the event I was going to run infantry maps again, but instead I'm going to run Khamisiyah from the last event. if you don't have it you can download just khamisiyah HERE

• Upvote 8

On ‎07‎/‎02‎/‎2017 at 8:26 PM, =VG= Double_13 said:

using Rcon commands to spawn me 5 logi's East of the bridge (so i dont have to rearm) it took me around 15 min to setup 1 bridge. So with rearming it should be able to do this in 30 min. 
I managed to build the second bridge for 80% because for some odd reason its able to build both sides at the same time for the price of one bride if the logi is near the center. 

Oh boy, looking forward to seeing how we handle the logistics on Beirut.... I expect us to lose a truck within 10/15 minutes of starting :P

If I'm not feeling lazy today,  I might set up some recording software for this event.

EDIT:

^ Didn't read Melons post above ^

I know I might be shit but I hereby volunteer as tribute to command on Bamyan (Will draft plans later this evening. Any help and input would be appreciated) - Let the carnage begin!