Website Updates and Upgrades are still underway! We don't expect any further downtime, but we thank you for your patience as we restore themes and other elements including the Chatbox.

Melon's Second PR Event

=VG= Melon Muncher

EVENT DATE : FRIDAY the 10th of FEBRUARY 9pm PRT/GMT

I know what  you're thinking, Melon, why are you are you doing this so soon. Because I'm going on holidays in a week and I want to run this event when I get back, otherwise it's going to be 5+ weeks wait.

So, here it is. after a successful first event and hoping for an even more successful second round of Melon's bot shooting you in the head the second you look out a window extravaganza!!!

The rules are the same as the last, if you don't remember, here's a recap:

Rules are standard =VG= coop rules but the commander has final say in squad movements and attacks, obstructive squad leaders will be resigned. Expect zero tolerance to rule breakage and bending during the event

In addition there will be changes to the coop gameplay:
FOBs, foxholes and razorwire will need to be shovelled
Squad leader spawn-point is removed
Ticket count will matter
2 minute wait between each kit request.
Squadless kick is in effect
+Map specific changes

Signups are open, please choose no more than two positions until the final three days when more may be acquired. Infantry squads will not need to signup for the event, nor will squad members, but leaders may organise their own squad for the event.

Entry is simple, download the files (link). Check the forums on the day for server password. Join the server. Have fun.

iron_ridge.jpg

Iron Ridge

Militia Rebels Vs USA

MILITIA Assets
150 tickets
1x MI8 transport helicopter
2x Ammunition Technicals

USA Assets
???

Militia forces will spawn inside the city, rallypoints will last 3 minutes before disappearing.
After that the only way into the city is via MI8 helicopter leaving the farm in the SE corner of the map.
US Forces will attack only as infantry, but after capping the first line of defence will gain heavier assets.
Militia needs to bleed US tickets before losing all of their own.

Commander : TEDF
Pilot : SYDNEY

beirut.jpg

BEIRUT

ISRAELI DEFENCE FORCE Vs MIDDLE EAST COALITION

IDF Assets
300 tickets
2x Merkava MBT
2x UH-60L
2x Logistics Truck
2x HMMWV 50 cal

MEC Assets
???

IDF Forces will assault objective A from the carrier via helicopters and the docks via land assets.
MEC engineers have destroyed the bridge at point A so logistics trucks will need to deploy CSBs (close support bridges) to cross
Infantry is expected to defend the fragile logistic trucks as this arduous task is completed.
All points marked B are available for capture after A, followed by C then round completion at point D.
UH60 will only be able to drop ammunition boxes, so no FOBs can be built across the river until the bridge is repaired

Commander : TEDF
Pilot #1 : 22.12
Pilot #2 :  SLEDGEHAMMER
TANK #1 Driver/Commander : KEED
TANK #1 Gunner : SYDNEY
TANK #2 Driver/Commander : DOUBLE13
TANK #2 Gunner : SPARTANISH

karbala.jpg

KARBALA

INSURGENTS Vs MIDDLE EAST COALITION

INS Assets
300 tickets
Ammunition Technicals
MG Technicals
AT Technical

MEC Assets
???

INS forces are required to hold the city.
Points marked with A are the outer perimeter. Points marked with B are the inner. C point is the final standpoint.
Once an outer perimeter flag is capped MEC will attack the following inner perimeter flag. Example; North west flag A is captured, MEC will attack north west flag B
Ins forces will spawn randomly throughout the city, only rallypoints are able to be deployed, FOBs are disabled.
Commander : MELON

bamyan.jpg

BAMYAN

British Forces Vs Taliban

BAF Assets
400 tickets
3x Warrior APC
1x Lynx Transport Helicopter

Taliban Assets
???

UK Forces are to proceed to extraction point, capturing checkpoints along the way.
Taliban will be on the defensive.
Infantry cannot change the state of the flag, only land assets and only while manned. Extreme care must be taken to keep the assets alive
Loss of a Warrior will cost UK forces 30 tickets.
APCs are confined to the area withing 30m of the road on the route, no camping in the hills

Commander : BLAZERRRRR!!!!
Pilot #1 : KEED
Warrior #1 Driver/Commander : SPARTANISH
Warrior #1 Gunner : SLEDGEHAMMER
Warrior #2 Driver/Commander :
Warrior #2 Gunner : JERSANS
Warrior #3 Driver/Commander : TEDF
Warrior #3 Gunner : Sydney

DOWNLOAD: LINK

Install Instructions:
1) Download the file
2)locate your PR levels directory, (default is C:\Program Files (x86)\Project Reality\Project Reality BF2\mods\pr\levels)
3) Extract the downloaded zip file into pr\levels using winzip, winrar, 7zip etc.
4) Run PR
5) Create a local coop game and check that the event maps, (Bamyan Event, Beirut Event, Iron Ridge Event and Karbala Event) are in your maplist
6)If they are you're good to go for the event

• Upvote 14

INF Squads

INF Squad 1: Schnitzel
SL: =VG= Double_13
=VG= keed
=VG= Tedf
=VG= PBAsydney

=VG= Melooooon

INF Squad 2: CheekiBreeki
SL: VODKA Dragovich
VODKA Skitalez
VODKA Jersans
VODKA Un4given

INF Squad 3: Kiwi
SL: Kavelenko
 Daniel_75
JohnnyTightLips
=VG=  Stark58
deathdealer203
=VG= Eclipse002
Vamsley
 ArchTop

INF Squad 4: Alcohol
SL: Teejay001
=MF=Luke
Blazer
Sledgehammer
WCCBadploy

Knifes
Lo-nolan 

INF Squad 5: Rec SQ
SL: [MG:S] SpL1ff3r
[MG:S] Brutulux
 [MG:S] xXJohnRyXx
Onkolus 

INF Squad 6: Hater INF
SL: HaterOneActual
[EJE#ES]_Martin
Midgee
SoggySpartan
I3RY4N
Ranger-12

Spartanish

Total: 37

Dear Melon,

Please don't kill me, just because i have to woke up around 4am for the greatest =VG= event here, needs more coffee for sure-! XP (That teamkill on warm-up maps on last event was not really that intentional/accidentally did bcause of lag, real sorry and won't happen again)

Yep, thats right.. i missed about half of the events, only managed to play warm-up maps and Khami in first 15-20 mins, suddenly blackout strikes to my house, i'm bringing shame to my fellow squad members.. with just a shitty problems like that :v

I hope, if theres any good time set to play around.. i'm sure i'll be there. I know, you're the best one here for this.

"Alpha Group will be returning soon (maybe without meh :()"

Regards,

Inch

Alpha Group is ready to deploy to any destination, thanks Melon.

1. Officer Kit - Kavelenko
  2. Medic 1 - Daniel_75
  3. Medic 2 - JohnnyTightLips
  4. Breacher Kit - Stark58
  5. Automatic Rifleman - deathdealer203
  6. Lite Anti Tank Kit (LAT)  - =VG= Eclipse002
  7. Grenadier Kit - Vamsley
  8. Heavy Machine Gunner (HMG) - ArchTop

Alpha Group will accept randoms on the day of the event if any of our players are unable to attend.

• Upvote 4

On 16/01/2017 at 8:16 AM, =VG= Double_13 said:

I ask the SL's to find new people and aim for having at least 5*6 man squads and not 3*8 man squads. This gives the commanders more room to play with there battle plans and tactics.

I think the biggest mistake we had previous event was the little amount of inf squads, this really limited our fast movement on the convoy and bunker raiding. 

We had four infantry squads don't forget Blazer's squad, and there was still 6 places left on the server to create a six man team.

Let'sget some excitement happening again.

Signups are open, I hope we get some commanders for all maps, COs will get a full brief to make some useful battleplans.
Remember it's 2 slots per person atm more later if they're not filled. Make sure if you signup you will be attending or give enough time prior so we can change.

ATM I have, made a new navmesh for bamyan and iron ridge so bots are working well. Made some nice night settings for karbala, complete with streetlights. I've also destroyed the bridge on beirut.
only things left to do is some minor work, making pickup kits for karbala, militia helicopter and pilot kit and the helicopters for beirut. Then it's some quick private testing and we're golden.

Melon

• Upvote 2

Bumping this back to the attention of all of as the Warriors are still not spoken for on one of the tougher maps (we need drivers and at least one more gunner).

And we probably don't have enough commanders. ;)

I will only play gunner on the Warrior and the rest in cheeki breeki squad as infantry. I am willing to lead the squad when our glorious leader is busy in the tank if need be.

• =VG= m823us pinned and featured this topic
  • =VG= m823us locked and unlocked this topic

Definitely want to take part in this one, same as last time tho i'm not sure i will be able to due to work. As of now, take it as i will attend unless i state otherwise.

That being said i will go inf (Medic) on all maps with a leader willing to take me. More than happy to fill in other slots if need be.

See you on zee battlefield!

• Upvote 1