Website Updates and Upgrades are still underway! We don't expect any further downtime, but we thank you for your patience as we restore themes and other elements including the Chatbox.

Old skool map pack?

Jersans

Someone told me in game that there was some release of old school maps for PR and some of them were also co-op. So I tried to Google it and found this: http://www.realitymod.com/forum/f196-pr-highlights/143934-pr-bf2-v1-4-official-retro-map-pack-released.html

So what's the story here? Will we be able to play (some of) these maps on the server? I remember a discussion some time ago about this and it sort of died out after a few days but if this is real and it works that would be pretty cool. 

Does anyone know?

Cheers,

Propably not going to be added until they are implemented into the main game instead of a separate download. Too much of an hassle to get everyone to download the maps and install them in correct folder. 

Don't worry, the work on old maps hasn't died out. Wrapping out some loose ends right now. If everything goes by the plan, the campaign should launch in late February / early March.

• Upvote 3

It's good to see those old maps making a coming back into the game with a lots of changes, honestly i'd never seen one of those maps earlier in Betas of PR, played this first time after Betas :( ouch..

Co-Op maps.. i guess mostly 1-2km maps (including returning Qwai River AAS, dunno why..) still be used for better INF gaming experience rather than semi/full Vehicle Warfare in Single Player (and also Co-Op if possible in VG Server :), my dying wish lol)

It is gonna be awesome, if one of these maps shown up in VG Server.. so the game wouldn't be like monotone in map rotations.. (needs variations each rounds tho..) playing Muttrah, to Pavlosk, to Karbala, to Black Gold etc. XD

Still, maps like Bamyan, Goose Green for Co-Op had some issues, like FPS drop for sure.. and ofc bots too~

Cheers,

Inch

"Did you saw the 0,5 km map in the PR link? Gosh.. that really freaking small map ever i seen-! Too much INF! :o"

I want the previous 1.3.9 back. There the bots actually gave some resistance rather then the 1.4 bots that keep spawning at the main.

Inch we already balancing the maps a bit with assets. on certain layers of khami and kashan the bluefor team has less assets (mainly 1 man assets) to make it more challenging, However we can not change to much without having the clients to update. Hopefully the future coop updates will provide more inf maps for us to play.