PissBlitz

Coop server bug or Client bug?

11 posts in this topic

so the last few days i've been having trouble joining the server, it pretty much instantly boots me from the server, or it doesn't give me enough time to join a squad. i don't know where the problem originates from, all the other servers works fine for me, but as soon as i try to join VG it either crashes on load or crashes the game giving,  after about 5 mins the  BULLSHIT message telling the prbf2.exe has crashed, does anoybody know whats up? or has anybody experrienced the same problem?

@PissBlitzYeah I had issues too not particularly on joining but mostly on map changes. The game just goes CTD without warning with the same message.

So I basically 're-installed' Windows with a clean sheet and reinstalled the game and since then it is better I can actually play several maps in a row and join with no issues. I don't know if that helps or if it's really server related but in my case a fresh install solved the issues. 

Try tinkering with your graphics settings. I was getting CTD when I added anti aliasing values.

Interresting I did´nt say anything because I called out a few bugs earlier last year and you all (most of you I´ve told) laugh at me when I say that these bugs are mutating.

Since then I un- and reinstall the game several times. For PR v1.4 we all had to, anyway.

Curiousity ++ only on VG. Yesterday I play on GMA. Not one CTD, same with other server I try to join.

12 minutes ago, Rotblut said:

Interresting I did´nt say anything because I called out a few bugs earlier last year and you all (most of you I´ve told) laugh at me when I say that these bugs are mutating.

Since then I un- and reinstall the game several times. For PR v1.4 we all had to, anyway.

Curiousity ++ only on VG. Yesterday I play on GMA. Not one CTD, same with other server I try to join.

Mutating Zombie bugs. Brrrrr... But I am no techie (see what I did there, pun intended) so I actually have no idea if it's a local problem or a server issue.

please run windowed mode. see if there's an error message.
Also what maps, or is it all?

It is the log in to the server. It always lead to CtD. Not depends on the Map as far as I can tell. This is a thing I give up after trying 3-4 times. One or two hrs. later. All fine. No errors in log or any windows message

I also had this a while ago with my AIX2 mod. When I change the server my game crashed. But that was on every server.

Tbh. I uninstall other games for minor problems. With BF esspacially PR I accept so many annoing bugs cuz I love to play.

A little bit of topic, but worth for my 100 post. While I was typing the last post I noticed a humming sound out of my computer. Guess what! The whole HDD f:500gb went down. All my games gone except of PR which is on SSD. What a not so nice coincidence :( 

lost hdd.JPG

Problem solved, i have a program called hamachi, that i have constantly running in the background, apparently that program was the culprit somewhow

Next time Piss Follow the dam instructions

20100812-ikea_help.png

On 09/01/2017 at 4:25 PM, PissBlitz said:

Problem solved, i have a program called hamachi, that i have constantly running in the background, apparently that program was the culprit somewhow

VPN-Client Hamachi we used the begin of last year when the PR servers was attacked. I dont have it running as a backroundservice but still installed. I´ll give it a try and uninstall. I tell you what happen then.