• Announcements

• =VG= SemlerPDX

VG Servers are Back Up! *UPDATED AGAIN* TS3 Server is back; PR and Mumble are online, Arma 3 Servers are online but still need VG specific missions and configurations, should be done before end of week...   04/15/2017

UPDATE Sunday April 23rd:
      Most everything is back online now.  The PR Server is running, and Mumble is working.  We have not yet made PR Updates available in TCAdmin, but several more people have access to update the PR Server (including me) and there should be little to no server downtime from future PR Updates.

I've installed a second PR Server and still need to expand the VG PR License for it - it can be used for whatever, but I called it "PR EVENT SERVER" to start.  I figured we might also want a development server for things like FastJack's PR COOP Insurgency Mission testing, and we will take care of that this coming week as well, if able.

The Arma 3 Servers have been reinstalled, and they are running basic versions of their former missions.  They still need to be configured, but they will remain online until this happens during the week (when PITN gets time).  I've set up A3 Servers with a Steam Update button in TCAdmin, any Arma Admin can now update to the latest Arma version much faster and easier, and without needing to wait for a Head Admin.    -Sem

Sunday April 16th 2017:
      I've just received an email from the Server Host in Germany.  They host the server that runs our TS3 and various game servers here including Project Reality, and Arma 2 & 3.  Apparently, there has been a fault with our server host, possibly a hardware failure or such, but all servers in one part of their data center were affected including ours. We do not have further details at this time, but unfortunately this means VG Servers will be down until we can regain access to our server.  We were not given a time frame estimate or specific details of what damage was incurred, and we do not know if we have lost any data that was on the server.  We've been with this host for many, many years, and we've had nothing but great connections and fast servers.  Clearly this is a rare occurrence and we need to be patient as we weather this storm. I feel particularly bad for our loyal Project Reality players who were very patient waiting for our server to get it's most recent update, and I wish I could do something immediately to fix this.  It's a sad truth that it is out of our hands for the time being as we await contact from our host, and get a detailed damage report and estimate of how long until we are online again.  Of course, I've contacted the other head administrators at VG and apprised them of the situation.  We will update you all as we get information. Thank you all for your patience and understanding!
=VG= Melon Muncher

Melon's first PR co-op event

141 posts in this topic

As I have driver seat at Ramiel only, I will join any INF squad that need a medic in the other maps.

Update: I wiil join Keed's INF squad as medic role.

If no one signs up I can take CO/and stuff if neccessary. Otherwise I will be SQL for some randoms.

Hahaha!

M.A.S.H. and Hawkeye. Ladies and gentlemen I think we have our medic (and/or engineering) and sniper squads. Please feel free to apply.

I'll probably join some random squad on Lashkar and Ramiel. Might go dedicated greasemonkey for the vehicle squad on Ramiel though. 

How about repair guy in main for trans. Heh?

On 2017-01-06 at 3:32 PM, WCCBadploy said:

I would also like to add that If I had a choice, on the day, I would be honoured to run a Logistics/Repair/Rescue Squad, comprising mostly of Engineers and Medics.

It will be great fun to get called to an "incident" to either repair damaged vehicles, revive injured troops or rescue downed pilots & stranded crewmen.

Brilliant stuff Melon. I'll join you Badploy, guess we can sort out the roles on the battlefield. Any support role should be fine.

On Tuesday, January 10, 2017 at 1:55 AM, =VG= Double_13 said:

I think that moving around the Cheeki Breeki squad wont happen since the vodka guys noted they want to play together( shout random russian crap at people prob spam CheekiBreeki in squad chat and be drunk.)

No, we can certanly help out outside of our squad, it is just under certain ammount of vodka inside all of us we tend to communicate using Kalinka song lyrics to rellay information. 

Anyway we can do what our glorious leader will want us to do, but make sure to put us on the spearhead than and maybe throw in some mg's, who will make sure we wont flee. 

"Though we have heard of stupid haste in war, cleverness has never been associated with long delays" Sun Tzu

(There maybe a mistake in the quote, it is like I remeber it)

19 hours ago, Kavelenko said:

Alpha Group

• Kavelenko [SL]
  • InchPincherToo
  • cptn_wonderful
  • Brokenarrow
  • =VG= Eclipse002
  • ArchTop
  • Daniel75
  • RotBlut (replace with random when flying)

Looks neat, Kav! It's gonna be awesome squad in the event-! Can't wait for Friday to come~ :)

Wanted to suggest, some of these guys should be invited to our squad, if Rotblut's going for fly/drive assets (just couple random guys here as possible replacement, pick one of them if like/also PM them):

- SoldierOfMisfortune

- ALI.MORADI

- A.Deker

- Teejay001

- .Blizzard.

- Spartanish

- =VG= STARK (?)

Many more possibilities, but idk if these guys have issues in real-life till today/not able to participate or not?

Cheers,

One and only

InchPincherToo

Edited by =ICE= InchPincherToo

1 hour ago, =ICE= InchPincherToo said:

Looks neat, Kav! It's gonna be awesome squad in the event-! Can't wait for Friday to come~ :)

Wanted to suggest, some of these guys should be invited to our squad, if Rotblut's going for fly/drive assets (just couple random guys here as possible replacement, pick one of them if like/also PM them):

- SoldierOfMisfortune

- ALI.MORADI

- A.Deker

- Teejay001

- .Blizzard.

- Spartanish

- =VG= STARK (?)

There's a full squad right there! Pick another random and they have the makings of a great squad, Stark58 is the highest points scorer on the VG server, Teejay and SoldierOfMisfortune also great squad leads.

As TEDF suggested we should be inviting new players to our squads and not unfairly overloading squads with just the "Elite" guys. So I've got a few guys such as ArchTop and Eclipse002 who I've never played PR with.

BrokenArrow and Daniel75 are my buddies and the rest are from VG since I've been here.

Do we know how many INF squads are required on each map? 2-3 squads sounds a bit lite to me.

Yo yo yo  ~it's your tursty  grunt sorrow !!

I'm good on following orders ! you guys know me . 

I will even blow up myself if squadleader says so !!(that's why asians steal all your job !)

So I guess I will do any inf job if needed.

There's over 33 players who've racked up 1 million points on the VG server, where are the other squads?

4 hours ago, sorrowsnow said:

I will even blow up myself if squadleader says so !!(that's why asians steal all your job !)

I can attest to this. I believe he sacrificed himself for getting a boat on Jabal. He made me shoot him for the benefit of the squad. If I remember correctly. ;)

Edited by Jersans
'Made me shoot him' meant that he refused to commit suicide but preferred to get a bullet. If I remember correctly.

5 hours ago, Kavelenko said:

There's a full squad right there! Pick another random and they have the makings of a great squad, Stark58 is the highest points scorer on the VG server, Teejay and SoldierOfMisfortune also great squad leads.

As TEDF suggested we should be inviting new players to our squads and not unfairly overloading squads with just the "Elite" guys. So I've got a few guys such as ArchTop and Eclipse002 who I've never played PR with.

BrokenArrow and Daniel75 are my buddies and the rest are from VG since I've been here.

Do we know how many INF squads are required on each map? 2-3 squads sounds a bit lite to me.

I wonder, who might be in our squad in last place? (If Rotblut's away from squad) hope some more cooperative player.. and also clearly being communicative too as well ^_^

In the end, i'm feeling okay with this Alpha Squad, nothing bad anyways. Let's go for it!

EVENT DATE : Friday the 13th at 2100 GMT/PRT (or 9pm GMT)

Just checking my time-zone guys, and discovered a potential problem. If this event is planned for 2100 Greenwich Mean Time (GMT), that means its 2100 or 9:00pm in England.

The VG server is based in Germany so does that mean we add another hour if a player lives in Germany?

If that's correct then I don't need to join the server until the next day at 7:30AM on the 14th because I'm in Australia.

Anyone care to confirm or disagree?

Hold up @Kavelenko. I was literally having the same conversation. So for those of us in Europe it is 22:00 central European time (CET) correct? 

If yes, it means early beers for you mate on the fourteenth ;)

The easiest way to check it is to go to http://tournament.realitymod.com/ and check what time it is for you when the PRT clock strikes 21:00. 

The PRT clock does not take into account daylight saving time.

If my map reading skills are correct, Kavalenko is in GMT+10,5 since South Australia is running DST right now, so 7:30 Saturday morning is event time for him. 

For those of us in the northern hemisphere it's simple math since it's winter here and no DST, so just add your UTC respective timezone to 21:00. 

If you guys dont mind, I pull back from flying on Khami and Ramiel (I had some disconnection issues the last days). Please someone else take that. I´ll stay all time with Kavelenko as a medic in Inf Squad if this is possible.

Friday 13 at

11am for recon in Hawaii

1pm East coast us

4pm west coast

9pm Uk

10pm west europe

11pm east europe

7am east Aust on 14th

Standard_World_Time_Zones.png

^^^ Might help with people trying to figure out what time zone they are in ^^^

Just a quick thought. Would it be possible to have a 5-10 minute delay at the start of each round so SLs can brief their squads?

Also,  I may ditch the idea of a 4 man squad. Instead, I might set up a squad for any randoms, new Players and the few unfortunate people who forgot to sign up...

EDIT: My bad Melon. You happened to post while I was typing!!! 

Thanks for confirming that guys. I set two extra clocks just in case...lol.

00_1836.jpg

Can I join mr H8er1Actual's squad? I mentioned this to him in game but I don't know anything yet!