Website Updates and Upgrades are still underway! We don't expect any further downtime, but we thank you for your patience as we restore themes and other elements including the Chatbox.

Melon's first PR co-op event

=VG= Melon Muncher

On 2017-01-06 at 3:32 PM, WCCBadploy said:

I would also like to add that If I had a choice, on the day, I would be honoured to run a Logistics/Repair/Rescue Squad, comprising mostly of Engineers and Medics.

It will be great fun to get called to an "incident" to either repair damaged vehicles, revive injured troops or rescue downed pilots & stranded crewmen.

Brilliant stuff Melon. I'll join you Badploy, guess we can sort out the roles on the battlefield. Any support role should be fine.

On Tuesday, January 10, 2017 at 1:55 AM, =VG= Double_13 said:

I think that moving around the Cheeki Breeki squad wont happen since the vodka guys noted they want to play together( shout random russian crap at people prob spam CheekiBreeki in squad chat and be drunk.)

No, we can certanly help out outside of our squad, it is just under certain ammount of vodka inside all of us we tend to communicate using Kalinka song lyrics to rellay information. 

Anyway we can do what our glorious leader will want us to do, but make sure to put us on the spearhead than and maybe throw in some mg's, who will make sure we wont flee. 

"Though we have heard of stupid haste in war, cleverness has never been associated with long delays" Sun Tzu

(There maybe a mistake in the quote, it is like I remeber it)

• Upvote 1

19 hours ago, Kavelenko said:

Alpha Group

• Kavelenko [SL]
  • InchPincherToo
  • cptn_wonderful
  • Brokenarrow
  • =VG= Eclipse002
  • ArchTop
  • Daniel75
  • RotBlut (replace with random when flying)

Looks neat, Kav! It's gonna be awesome squad in the event-! Can't wait for Friday to come~ :)

Wanted to suggest, some of these guys should be invited to our squad, if Rotblut's going for fly/drive assets (just couple random guys here as possible replacement, pick one of them if like/also PM them):

- SoldierOfMisfortune

- ALI.MORADI

- A.Deker

- Teejay001

- .Blizzard.

- Spartanish

- =VG= STARK (?)

Many more possibilities, but idk if these guys have issues in real-life till today/not able to participate or not?

Cheers,

One and only

InchPincherToo

1 hour ago, =ICE= InchPincherToo said:

Looks neat, Kav! It's gonna be awesome squad in the event-! Can't wait for Friday to come~ :)

Wanted to suggest, some of these guys should be invited to our squad, if Rotblut's going for fly/drive assets (just couple random guys here as possible replacement, pick one of them if like/also PM them):

- SoldierOfMisfortune

- ALI.MORADI

- A.Deker

- Teejay001

- .Blizzard.

- Spartanish

- =VG= STARK (?)

There's a full squad right there! Pick another random and they have the makings of a great squad, Stark58 is the highest points scorer on the VG server, Teejay and SoldierOfMisfortune also great squad leads.

As TEDF suggested we should be inviting new players to our squads and not unfairly overloading squads with just the "Elite" guys. So I've got a few guys such as ArchTop and Eclipse002 who I've never played PR with.

BrokenArrow and Daniel75 are my buddies and the rest are from VG since I've been here.

Do we know how many INF squads are required on each map? 2-3 squads sounds a bit lite to me.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Kavelenko said:

There's a full squad right there! Pick another random and they have the makings of a great squad, Stark58 is the highest points scorer on the VG server, Teejay and SoldierOfMisfortune also great squad leads.

As TEDF suggested we should be inviting new players to our squads and not unfairly overloading squads with just the "Elite" guys. So I've got a few guys such as ArchTop and Eclipse002 who I've never played PR with.

BrokenArrow and Daniel75 are my buddies and the rest are from VG since I've been here.

Do we know how many INF squads are required on each map? 2-3 squads sounds a bit lite to me.

I wonder, who might be in our squad in last place? (If Rotblut's away from squad) hope some more cooperative player.. and also clearly being communicative too as well ^_^

In the end, i'm feeling okay with this Alpha Squad, nothing bad anyways. Let's go for it!

EVENT DATE : Friday the 13th at 2100 GMT/PRT (or 9pm GMT)

Just checking my time-zone guys, and discovered a potential problem. If this event is planned for 2100 Greenwich Mean Time (GMT), that means its 2100 or 9:00pm in England.

The VG server is based in Germany so does that mean we add another hour if a player lives in Germany?

If that's correct then I don't need to join the server until the next day at 7:30AM on the 14th because I'm in Australia.

Anyone care to confirm or disagree?

The easiest way to check it is to go to http://tournament.realitymod.com/ and check what time it is for you when the PRT clock strikes 21:00. 

The PRT clock does not take into account daylight saving time.

If my map reading skills are correct, Kavalenko is in GMT+10,5 since South Australia is running DST right now, so 7:30 Saturday morning is event time for him. 

For those of us in the northern hemisphere it's simple math since it's winter here and no DST, so just add your UTC respective timezone to 21:00. 

Standard_World_Time_Zones.png

^^^ Might help with people trying to figure out what time zone they are in ^^^

Just a quick thought. Would it be possible to have a 5-10 minute delay at the start of each round so SLs can brief their squads?

Also,  I may ditch the idea of a 4 man squad. Instead, I might set up a squad for any randoms, new Players and the few unfortunate people who forgot to sign up...

EDIT: My bad Melon. You happened to post while I was typing!!! 

11 hours ago, =VG= PBAsydney said:

The PRT clock does not take into account daylight saving time.

All this time zone confusion is getting to be a bit much.

Just to clarify - some people seem to be missing the point of PRT if DST or other concerns are being mentioned.  PRT is a common time, obviously based on Zulu clock (GMT).

If it's confusing, here's an example:  
I am in West USA - if PBAsydney were actually in Syndey, Australia for this example, we are both looking at the same clock that says 17:47 PRT -- for me it's 9:47 AM  -- That is all that matters to me here in Portland -- if an event were at 18:00 PRT, that means it's a 10 AM clock for me -- for ANY calculation to find out what PRT is for YOU, just look at it right now, note the difference.

Bringing time zone maps into this is just crazy, and makes the whole PRT thing redundant (read: you're doing too much work!)
Whatever it is for PBAsydney in this example is arbitrary, same with DST - because our goal in this example above was merely to meet on a server at 18:00 PRT, a common time.  More importantly, the date should be clear for anyone west of the international date line which is a simple correction for them, but certainly DST and Time Zone Maps should not even come up when we are looking at a common clock on a website.

• Upvote 2

Battleplans : 

1. Lashkar 

Phase one : 

a. Hater's & Cheeky-Breeky squad : Squad leader + 2 selected members will spawn in and board the chinook with me as quickly as possible. Rest of the squad members will hold spawn until rallies have been placed.

b. Kavelenko's squad is to set up defensive perimeter towards NW - N - NE - E of british FOB and defend it until further notice.

b.1 Defensive stance must be achieved as quickly as possible! Once you spawn in rush to your positions and fend off the first wave. 

c. The general idea is to get commander and small amount of troops out of the main base as quickly as possible to provide emergency team rally points in case of a loss of the chinook.

d. Red area on the map is a NO FLY ZONE! Use the western part of the map for manouvers.

ov0Pdl7.png?1

Phase two : 

After Cheeky-Breeky and Hater's people have been successfully dropped off and rallies are down :

a. Chinook is to drop 2 supply crates on west village flag, then RTB back to base using the same route as in phase one. Landing in FOB area must be done quickly to avoid any potential sneaky RPGs! Pilot is allowed to squash any people that are sitting on the helipad during landing.

b. Cheeky-Breeky squad is to head South towards Compound flag and secure it. Set up defencive perimeter towards SW - S - SE - E. 

b.1 No supplies will be available once you have been dropped off. Make sure to have couple of rifleman with you as they may be your only ways of resupplying for a long period of time.

c. Hater's squad will head North towards West Village and set up a FOB and defensive assets as they see fit. Set up perimeter towards SW - S - SE. Assign someone to patrol Eastern and North Eastern flanks in case of some sneaky bots. 

d. Kavelenko's squad is to remain defensive until further notice.

Phase three : 

a. After the first wave of enemies has been held back and more squads have been formed, more people will be dropped off towards other flags. 

b. One "Volunteer" squad will be sent out to construct additional FOBs around the combat zone at marked locations. Once done, they are to be remain on standby for further orders.

Additional info : 

1. Once these phases have been completed and defensive perimeters have been established around Compound and West Village, more troops may be shipped out from the FOB to support defensive operations on other locations. Until then, all remaining people are to be dedicated on defending the FOB at all costs.

2. All supply / Transport requests most come through the Commander. Any other requests are to be ignored.

3. FOB is surrounded by Dome of Death (DoD) meaning that the only way out is by using the helicopter. 

4. Chinook is not to be used as a CAS asset !!!!!

5. It is adviced to keep the chinook away from the FOB are when idling.

Ramiel : 

Not going into much detail for this one. The plan is pretty simple : 

a. Inf squads are to regroup at the main base, they have around 5 minutes to get their people ready to move out. 

b. Once the green light is given, inf is to move up towards the first flag and scout out any ATGM launchers and spawn points. Once the flag area has been reached, inf is to set up defensive perimeter all around the flag (360). Once secure, supplies will be flown in by our BlackHawks.

c. Once supplies have been dropped, one of the inf squads is to be tasked to construct defensive assets at commander marked locations. When done report to commander and resume overwatch.

d. When the flag is secure, convoy is given a green light to move out from the main. The convoy will be composed as :

Kawaii 1 ( Stryker 1)

HMMWV

Kawaii 2 ( Stryker 2)

e. Depending on how many people remain,  inf squad(s) will be tasked to provide additional security for the convoy as they proceed towards the flag.

f. The route which the convoy has to take will be marked on the map by the Commander.

g. Once flag is secure, repeat the proccess with other flags.

Additional info : 

1. Pilots are to remain in the airport until called in by the Commander. All other tranport / supply requests are to be ignored!

2. DO NOT REQUEST ANY HAT / ENGINEER KITS WITHOUT COMMANDER'S APPROVAL !!!!!!!!! THESE ARE TO BE USED ONLY ON EMERGENCY SITUATIONS BY THE VEHICLE CREWS. AT-4 WILL BE ENOUGH TO TAKE CARE OF THE ENEMY ASSETS.

3. Depending on how fast / slow the progress is, a YOLO command may be given, meaning that all safety measures will be thrown away and we will now turn into rush mode, trying to capture rest of the flags as quickly as possible so we could move on to the next map.

Lashkar & Ramiel administrative notes : 

1. If a person / group of people is responsible of getting one of our assets destroyed, that person / group will be immediately booted from the event and from VG COOP server for prolonged period of time.  

2. Griefing will result in you getting immediately removed for the duration of these operations

3. Disobeying Commander's orders may result in you getting resigned or removed from the operation.

4. IF any of the squad leads wishes to get more info or full overview of the plans, then message me on TS / Forums and I'll send you more detailed plan. Those plans are to remain only between the Commander and Squad leaders to avoid certain someone doing any last minute changes to the maps that might compromise the strategy.

5. Any additional info will be added in yellow text.

• Upvote 8