=VG= Rotblut

Damn Milan

8 posts in this topic

Time for me to rant, All enemy down except of one. Guys who capped fortress forgot to shot down the milan. At least..... I found someone to blame on :D

milan.JPG

Can confirm. Milian is an ASS.

I have lost count on how many times I had cheap death 'cause i was a schmuck and thought i could dodge a russian-made missile.

When you look at the black screen with "DEAD" in the middle, you realize that the luck always runs out when you need the most.

Still, I'd rather be lucky than good any day.

sweet screenshot, I assume that's a screencap from a video - if not, even sweeter on the timing!  I used to be a big choppi guy and I've been on the receiving end of the Fortress AA more times than I can count; so little time to react!

Ya I thought it was a BMP or so. When I reviewed the video I found this. Since the last update i relized the stinger on top of the fortress is also a bitch. They shot me several time across the battlefield. Any CAS shouldt not hesitate to shot them down first I men in the beginning.

Dear Rotblut,

Seeing here, you got a problem with this one (MILAN AT emplacement on MEC Fortress) is much more a new threat to all CAS/Trans squad (since the server uses the Large Muttrah City rather than Standard, more coop gameplay), it can be annoying sometimes.. personally i haven't seen any of them firing at Heli's so quick at certain ranges (in Standard), it's become more active at this point after the newest update mechanics on Bots (i'm sure it was suppose to be passive at Air Vehicles, active at Ground Vehicles)

One thing to do to recognize it, is only to hear out the "wheezing" sounds (which can be appear to be from far and become more closer), then try to figure out how to avoid it:

- Not passively flying against the Milan (Hovering)

- Not flying low against the Milan and always hide between buildings around you

Some additions: AA emplacement always have a lock-on 'beeping' and wheezing sounds from far to close range, but the AT emplacement doesn't have 'beeping', instead only wheezing sounds from far to close range.. so, you better suit up and get your instinct to avoid those safely as possible when playing Trans/CAS

Cheers,

Inch

Do you want to see this Land Rover MILAN AT for British Armed Forces in PR? I do-! This modeller kit makes it done :)

Source: random Google website..

images.jpg

Edited by =ICE= InchPincherToo

C'mon the Milan is easy. The biggest threat is that SQ that wants the pickup from South City center t-shape rooftop but takes EONS to mount up, allowing this braindead Milan gunner to respawn and guide the missile into your stationary ass cuz he has perfect line of sight. 

Also noteworthy is the one on jabal MEC layer. He fires from max range. You can dodge it pretty easily. Makes for good combat footage or passenger scare :)

5 hours ago, =VG= keed said:

Makes for good combat footage

Taking care of the South City AA makes for some good footage, too - nabbed this video 5 years ago in 2011.  We had no explosives to blow it, so we requested a crate.  First two choppers dropped the crate right off the roof, so we were on the roof for like 10 minutes just Stabbin the Sam guy.  Can't imagine how impossible this would be with a MILAN in the mix...

8 hours ago, =VG= SemlerPDX said:

like 10 minutes just Stabbin the Sam guy.

Oh you lucker. I remember how hard it was to get the 7 knifekill killstreak in the original BF2 game, to earn the Basic Knife Combat Badge

http://spielerstats.de/bf2_award_info/badges

13 hours ago, =VG= keed said:

Also noteworthy is the one on jabal MEC layer. He fires from max range.

Makes for good combat footage or passenger scare :)

:21: