• Announcements

• =VG= Double_13

Red Tide Part IV   05/21/2017

OPERATION "RED TIDE" PART IV 27 May 7pm GMT More info here.
ranger_12

SUGGESTION

13 posts in this topic

I support this suggestion. OPFOR Week.

We have done this recently and we got a lot of negative feedback as a result. Not saying we won't do it again but not a lot of people showed interest in it. 

Full Disclaimer: I do like having OPFOR time

If you wanna do OPFOR without changing the current server team (BLUFOR), why not Kozelsk (ALT) or Sbeneh Outskirts (ALT)? It's also a good choice if you seem bored to be on BLUFOR all the time..

To be honest, i personally don't like to be in OPFOR team in some maps, like Muttrah, Grozny etc. (somehow it sucks..)

Well, in the end.. i don't mind if you guys having an event like "OPFOR Week" (only if the server was boring, cause of lack of OPFOR maps), should might be interesting again for some other people..

- Air Maps: Should be the same gameplay as the BLUFOR.. only different faction.. (Khami, Kashan, Slient Eagle, Black Gold etc.)

- Infantry+Armored Warfare Maps: Best ones (in my opinion) are Gaza (STD), Dragon Fly (STD), Fallujah, Qwai (STD) and Yamalia (LRG)..

That's my current opinion about having an OPFOR server, hope that helps..

Cheers,

Inch

"Falklands.. i wonder what devs of PR doing right now, i haven't played that big ass map for sure"

Falkland_islands_250m.jpg

I recommend not to do OPFOR events any time soon. It's not that I don't like them, quite the opposite, but ungratefulness of some people to the guys who worked hard to set up everything is not something I like to see. Just like m8 said, too much negative feedback and lack of players as well.

I do support the opfor once in a while but we should find out a selection of good playable maps. I personally like and think inf and small maps are the best way rather than the large mayor unbalanced maps.

for what I saw the last time is that the map rotation for opfor wasn't quite good because it kept crashing on the third map.

if we do another opfor I suggest we have an admin online that might force the players to stay in main for 3 min ish so the bots have a chance to groupup and attack.

I really do think opfor maps are good but they just need a bit more management than other maps to make it fun.  

I don't actually fully understand why people would complain about OPFOR maps? I mean it's a little different and a chance to try different armies, tactics and weapons? But I do agree with Double if we're going to do an OPFOR event we should really pick a nice selection of OPFOR maps that are enjoyable. I for one would be so happy to play OPFOR at least once every 6 weeks. 

From my vivid experiences of the last time we did OPFOR earlier this year, aside from the technical aspects that Double_13 already mentioned above (poor AI adaptation resulting in bots reacting either slower or detrimental to their success, some maps not being adapted well into OPFOR making it exploitable and unbalanced, the frequent crashing compounded by buggy scripts and poorer server hosting conditions previously compared to now), there was also this strangely inane sentiment that playing OPFOR is playing as the "bad guys". While I can never know if this idea propagated into anything later on, it was indeed raised frequently back when we were playing and certainly gave it this unpopular impression.

Well I think if we would like a next opfor event we need to  test and  keep track what maps are unbalanced and how to fix this within our limits. (Example: having the people wait 4 min in base at start). I think we shall await the new PR update and work from there. There might be incompatibility with a few maps due to the changes made. Time shall teach us more

i personally see opfor as playing the other way around and not the bad guys. I like the G3 and I do miss the different gun option BF2 had that provided you with this gun.

Well the next major event should be coming near spring but will see about that.