Website Updates and Upgrades are still underway! We don't expect any further downtime, but we thank you for your patience as we restore themes and other elements including the Chatbox.

BMS 4.33 - New to BMS - (Is there a section to discuss matter related to BMS?)

=VG= Kavelenko

4 hours ago, =VG= SemlerPDX said:

In BMS, does the A-10 have a modeled RAMP start

I can answer this part, there's a PDF under Docs\Checklists & Cockpit Diagrams\A-10 Cockpit Diagrams named 3D cockpit A-10 Ramp Start.pdf.

Its a four page document 44 point checklist, with three screenshots of the cockpit showing the steps. Its not as detailed as the ramp start in DCS in my opinion but at least BMS has one for the A10.

I used it for the first training session TR433_01_Ground_Ops which uses the A10. I followed that quite well but I noticed my throttle controls were not mapped to BMS by default, whereas in DCS World they are.

I'm going to do what Brain suggested and create two profiles, use the default BMS full keyboard layout and leave it unmodified, but try to create two different profiles with the TARGET software for the A10 throttle panel, and another one that suits the F-16. The TARGET software requires a reference to a keyboard stroke or combination so that should be easy enough to map across to my two profiles. Theoretically.

• Upvote 1

Oh, that's sweet!  I just noticed that TR433_01_Ground_Ops has the normal Training flight with the F-16, but the other 2 non-training flights there are A-10's.  Never thought to try to ramp start one of those instead of the F-16... I've selected other flights in the Training missions before but it's usually by accident and then I'm in the mission wondering where all the steerpoints I briefed on are at or why nothing is corresponding to the section of the Training manual.