Website Updates and Upgrades are still underway! We don't expect any further downtime, but we thank you for your patience as we restore themes and other elements including the Chatbox.

Flip Command

StormHawk10

Hey guys,

I keep forgetting to post this, so before I lose it again... I wanted to suggest coding/adding a flip command to the PR server. Currently, if your vehicle flips, there's nothing you can do but wait for it to take collateral and blow up. Generally this doesn't affect any vehicles but logis, however for logi drivers like myself it is incredibly annoying and cannot be solved even with another vehicle's help.

If something like this were to be added, I would recommend it be available for all players.

Additionally, after doing some searching into the coding of BF2 Sandbox (any old Sandbox players on here? Other than Double, have you ever heard of SMoT or DDFS?), I found the exact file responsible for the flipping command. It even auto-adds it into the self commrose (the main button currently used for spotting things. You would still spot things with the left mouse button, and be able to flip your vehicle with the right), which would make the need for a command irrelevant, but which one to add would be up to the admins' discretion.

I understand if this is something that couldn't be done on a server level. Such code I would imagine would be need to be wired into the source rather than locally. But, I thought I'd put the idea out there and if anybody would like to see the addon PM me.

Storm

• Upvote 2

I doubt the Project Reality Mod would add that command for players, it's emphasis is on Reality right down to the fact that it takes a few seconds to aim and shoot a rifle accurately.  Adding the ability for a single soldier to flip over a vehicle turned turtle is vastly unrealistic and is an operation that would most certainly involve a winch and another vehicle, possibly an M936 - a Medium Wrecker Truck with a crane on the back.  Forgetting the fact that the manner in which vehicles get flipped onto their top is a bit gamey, there are numerous functions and actions in game that deal within these margins in order to handle the various game breaking exploits found in the original BF2 game.

Like you said, it would have to be coded into the BF2:PR engine, meaning it would need to be part of a future patch if it was to be implemented, and it may be best to suggest this directly to the PR Dev team.

Semler, your totally right. It would be so unrealistic at all.

I believe a flipped Tank would be ordered back to base and not send into a battle. You cannot simulate damages like broken wheel, tracks or damaged turretweapons like the barrel or optical sensors and things that could also break when you flip it.