Website Updates and Upgrades are still underway! We don't expect any further downtime, but we thank you for your patience as we restore themes and other elements including the Chatbox.

incorrect use of mortars

TheLastBlooD

Sorry I open a new post because I was writing reply, but the previous topic was closed. Thanks for the un-ban.

Reply to second post of previous topic (while  i dont know the unban situation):

Exactly. This means that you can even do it without spotter but communicating with the Squad Learders. i lack of good comunication, but only because i'm not very good speaking in english, but i can almost understand what is being referred to me. (p.s in this match i had a mic but yes i don't use it good for my lack, but i can improve it)

That said, in the game no one of squad leaders, told me cease fire on the objective, and so the support fire it has been found useful.

I'm not complaining about the fact is traning or not traning server.

(But keep in mind that is one of few coop  active server, so many newplayers will join in that and learn right here, even if it is not a training server. But this is another discourse)

I'm complaing about the fact i've been banned  for 2 teamkills (or almost i saw only 2 teamkill on my screen) with mortars in 20 minutes of game, despite i had one spotter on my squad (and he told me the direction of the enemies, if you can check the chat of previous match) and despite no-one of other squadlears told me to stop fire. So there are not spam or refusal to cease fire.

There nothing wrong on it.
Fun fact is that squad 4 required an attack area  on the objective charlie , so even the mortar attack was reasonable..

-------------------------------------------------------

Or put a the  rule that says explicitly that the mortars can not be created, but only by forced request of any squadlearder or commander and so mortars can fire only by SL orders..

My personal though is that play as mortars doesnt required - request for mortar support. If a commander or squadleader "marks" the enemy infantry on the map, this can automatically become a target for mortars (Always taking into consideration the proximity of Allied soldiers)
Obviously when I get a request for mortars fire, then that becomes my first target.

-----------------------------------------------------
I do not want to play without spotter. But if no one enters in my squad i  try to play anyway and i aim where is  possible that  are enemies. Always being careful not teamkill or a cease-fire when I have to. But not for this I have to spend the whole match stopped to do anything because i need a spotter.

For example, it's like playing with sniper. I can create the recon squad and take sniper kit in some ways, and go around for the map and killing enemies , but hoping someone anyway, sooner or later, will come on the team.

Ye acro. Coo-op does not required so much fire attack by mortars. And infact no one play with mortars except in rare cases, if there are these limitation about it..  But for now I find that it is interesting and fun thing. ( trying to be precise and do not any teamkills, but sometimes will happen, for exp i saw cas multikill 5 our soldiers, and many situation you surely you have seen )

Having said that you can make  the rules as you wish, but not warning, kick or ban only because an admin decided so ..
------------------------------------------------------------
The important thing is to have clear rules and well written
Take this my reply as a starting point for improving and simplifying the written rules about mortars.

I understand your reason, but you have to consider what I have said.

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

You are assuming that it is okay to use the Mortars as a main attack asset.  You may not use the Mortars on our server in the ways you describe.  I understand English is not your first language, but we already have very clear rules regarding use of Mortars on this server, and I have already directed you to those rules.

46 minutes ago, TheLastBlooD said:

I do not want to play without spotter. But if no one enters in my squad i  try to play anyway and i aim where is  possible that  are enemies.

You are essentially taking shots in the dark with your Mortar fire, you have no requests for support, and you failed to cease fire when there were friendly troops nearby and they got killed.

When you have a spotter or you have requests for fire from Squad Leaders, you can be sure you will be firing a few shots safely and effectively.  *(You do not keep firing shots or that is spamming).  If you use the Mortars in this way, you will be within the rules.

The rules are already very clear and well written - once again, they state:

1. Using the Mortar as a main attack asset, spamming, or ineffective fire that results in team killing will result in your immediate removal from our servers. It's vital you communicate with ground forces to effectively use this asset. If you're deemed a nuisance player, or if you're continuing with the same behavior, you will be banned from our servers.

Mortars are an over powered asset that have a wide area of effect and must be used properly with communication and teamwork or teamkills will inevitably result at some point.

Do not create another post on this topic -- the issue is not with our rules or how they are written, it is with your misunderstanding of them -- do not ignore what several have already told you in clarifying the rules.