Website Updates and Upgrades are still underway! We don't expect any further downtime, but we thank you for your patience as we restore themes and other elements including the Chatbox.

incorrect behavior of admin?

TheLastBlooD

I quote here the facts:
Map Ramiel coop.

When i joined, I  have created the "mortars" team and start firing on targets, being careful not to hit our infantry.

IT should not necessarily find a spotter to play,  I do not doubt his utility, but none came in my team, so I decided to shoot the same.

Immediately = VG = bejaki starts to break on the need to find a spotter or I can not shoot and he would kick me. My fault if i my squad none enter?  After 30 seconds one player join my squad and finally i can use them with no
impediment.

Now I have read the rules of the coop servers and says only "Mortars

Mortars must be used appropriately. Barraging positions occupied by friendly forces, spamming or refusal to cease fire will result in a kick. Communicate with ground forces When using this asset. ".

I'm 100% ok with that. But I cant find the rules when you need to find a spotter to do so.

In any case after 10 minutes of good fire, I accidentally killed two of ours and despite my "apologies", because it can happen, I have been banned from the server.

I do not know how long the ban will last but it certainly is an excessive extent
measure , by the rules you must use the warning, then kick and then finally the ban if you are repeat the fact..

My only mistakes i that i'm not good comunicator, but i'll tried.

Especially if you think that is a Coop server where players learn to play and it's not something competitive.

Then i report the incorrect behavior of = VG = bejaki who took the matter in a "very personal" ignoring the rules and common sense.

Thank for attention

1 hour ago, TheLastBlooD said:

Especially if you think that is a Coop server where players learn to play and it's not something competitive.

Just for let you know. This is not a training server. 

About the mortars issue.

It is common sense to have one spotter to check the impact area for results (efective or not, correct or not...) 

Next time try to have one from the begining or ask any SL close enough to the impact area for corrections.

Regards.

Martin

• Upvote 2

Hi TheLastBlooD,

Well, let me start my response with this sentance. I couldn't find it to quote it for you so I will just write/repeat what I told you on the server: "Mortars are Support asset and should not be used unless they are required and with coordination with other ground forces". My personal opinion is that mortars are not that usefull on coop server but that does not matter at this point.

Pretty much I saw your "Mortar" squad and saw you using mortars and politely asked you not to use mortars without FO but you did not know what FO stands for so I also explained it to you but the reply you got me was "I don't need a spotter this is a coop server"didn't really satisfy me because, in my opinion, that whole "argument" we had about usage of mortars showed me that you were acting really childish and that you obviously didn't know server rules. When I told you the first time, and second time I don't see the point of repeating myself for the third time.

I left you alone as soon as I saw another player joined you squad with a spotter kit and I was like ok, I hope now it will be better. About 10 min after that I saw your teamkill and looked in your squad to see who exactly was your spotter just to see that it was the play I never had any communication on the server ever, who doesn't use microphone (I am not saying that it's required but that it's hard to coordinate mortar fire with someone without it) and with who me and other admins had some minor issues before and also today.

Maybe I shouldn't have banned you and I was "fast on the trigger" but I also warned you right in the beggining, both by admin command and in the chat.

But let's clear some stuff:

• Veterans Gamins is Coop server but it also is not a training server. If you want to practice something practice it either on your own server by hosting a private one, or join another coop server.
  • As a squadleader I never heard any coordination with another squads in the Squad radio, nor saw/heard anyone request for mortar support. So it might be possible that spotter is not required, although I am pretty sure you need one, but you need someone to guide your attacks.
  • I really do not recall treatening you to kick you out of the server for that. If I did, I am sorry. (Higher Admins please check the logs)

Please someone unban him.

You are welcome to join the server back again and I'm looking forward to that because you are not a bad player. But I hope next time you will bring better attitude with you.

Thanks for the post!

• Upvote 1

Hello TheLastBlood

I understand your frustration. The head admins and Bejaki will resolve the issue with you soon. You make a good point about the necessity of a spotter. Do note however, that the rules do not state a specific course of action for admins. No rule states that a player must be warned, kicked and banned in a certain order. Our server is also not meant for training. We ARE competitive, as one team against the enemy. =VG= is not a practice Co-op server.

Communication is of the utmost importance. Mortars are a support asset, and firing missions MUST be communicated to other squad leaders. Using the mortars as an attack asset without asking other squads is an offence. When you create a Mortar squad again, please make sure you can ALWAYS communicate with the other squads and request targets from them.

You are a good player, with whom I've played several nice maps. I believe you deserve an unban. If you are able to return to our server, please remember to stay in contact with your team all the time.

See you in-game somewhere!

For the record, there are clear rules for Mortars, and we are currently revising the PR Rules list.  Here are the Mortar rules, the first one is the original, followed by the revised version - both will give you the details you misunderstand.  Mortars are not to be used as a main attack asset operated by a sole individual who is firing without any communication or Fire Support requests.  This is a COOP server, which means Teamwork and Communication are most important.

IMPROPER USE OF MORTARS

1. Using the Mortar as a main attack asset, spamming, or ineffective fire that results in team killing will result in your immediate removal from our servers. It's vital you communicate with ground forces to effectively use this asset. If you're deemed a nuisance player, or if you're continuing with the same behavior, you will be banned from our servers.

(revised:)
Mortars

Mortars must be used appropriately. Barraging positions occupied by friendly forces, spamming or refusal to cease fire will result in a kick. Communicate with ground forces when using this asset.

The admins have said what they need to -- we will wait for an admin to post up that you have been unbanned.  Please be patient.