Website Updates and Upgrades are still underway! We don't expect any further downtime, but we thank you for your patience as we restore themes and other elements including the Chatbox.

Project Reality 0.95 mappack conversion

TEDF

4 hours ago, =VG= keed said:

How will you Plan on distributing the package? Official Implementation into the Project files or manual download?

but seriously, I was wondering this myself... Official Implementation would require a patch update for all of PR, if they have any patches in the works, this one could be part of that... if not, we have to host files for people to download.  I doubt that BF2 supports it, but we do have the ability to enable a FastDL service through TCAdmin, we are looking into it so we can push a custom map pack for Insurgency (standalone) to allow for more than 8 players per game -- if this same system can be used for PR, let me know.

Here is a documentation link about TCAdmin FastDL:  http://help.tcadmin.com/Fast_Downloads

Might be a oppertunity to start something like "Throwback-Tuesdays" where we run a event like setting for a few hours where we only do a series of these old maps (#Oman24/7). It might fortify the COOP community, out of its fragile state and lure old faces back into the pit :) 

• Upvote 2

Don't need any official patches. All that needs to be done is to upload the maps to dropbox or somewhere, people would have to download them and then drop them over to the levels folder. The same with TC admin. Just gonna upload the maps over there and done. Piece of cake.

My idea was to have the mappack running on the server on every few weekends after the campaign, with a week ahead notice.

• Upvote 1

Sory for going a bit off-topic - but, =VG= TEDF, is this you doing the shooting here?

Would it be possible to test shooting down jets like this, with both tank and APC guns, light machine guns (Support kit) and ordinary infantry automatic rifles?

Setting up a "trap", as seen in this clip, where the tank is positioned where the jet might wanna  do its turn?

Great shooting btw

• Upvote 1

I was driving that tank, Sydney did the shooting. 

It really depends on pilot's flying stile and skill level. Slow and low flying jets are an easy target for armored vehicles who can take them down pretty quickly with their cannons. Inf equipment doesnt pack enough punch to take down a jet tho, unless you hit it with AT rockets.

On 9/21/2016 at 4:18 PM, Guest Michael_Denmark said:

OK, good kill.  

Is it okay if I use your video on the PR site in the tactics forum, for a tread on the perhaps possible option of creating a so to speak - ground based air trap?

You can use any of my footage as long as you credit me (and ted) for it.