Website Updates and Upgrades are still underway! We don't expect any further downtime, but we thank you for your patience as we restore themes and other elements including the Chatbox.

Project Reality 0.95 mappack conversion

TEDF

First of all, Event Factory apologizes for lack of PR events lately as we have been busy with other projects. But finally Factory is at full production, so to feed people's curiosity, here's an update on progress done so far.

New/Old maps

Event Factory has been working on converting old PR 0.95 mappack maps with addition of some vanilla BF2 maps over to the current version of PR and even though some of the maps still require polishing, they are playable.

The maps currently done are :

Street 2                                   Op. Clean Sweep

Hills of Hamgyong                Helmands Field / -Return

sunset City                             Op. Road Rage

Great Wall                              Op. Phoenix

Al Kufrah Oilfield                  Road to Jalalabad

Wake Island

In addition to the mappack maps, Event Factory has been working on two sets of COOP campaigns featuring mappack maps and modified PR maps. Also the PvP events are being produced.

lgFJOeH.jpg

HKvXKwk.jpg

JA1vscL.png

Special Thanks to :

PR Dev team for allowing us to use / change the maps

Sydney, Double, m823us for helping to test the maps.

Meiz & Double for providing the map files

=VG= TED(F)

• Upvote 16

Thank god, I was tired of playing the same old maps, this is excellent work so far! Hats off to you gentlemen!

Quick suggestion, and lemme know if you guys feel the same way but, would it be possible to include Opfor layouts (e.g. Militia or NVA or even Taliban) for some of these maps? We only have 2 in game so far, and I think that adding even more would diversify the content even more.

Anyhow, good work! Can't wait to try them out on the server!

1 hour ago, Protech said:

Thank god, I was tired of playing the same old maps, this is excellent work so far! Hats off to you gentlemen!

Quick suggestion, and lemme know if you guys feel the same way but, would it be possible to include Opfor layouts (e.g. Militia or NVA or even Taliban) for some of these maps? We only have 2 in game so far, and I think that adding even more would diversify the content even more.

Anyhow, good work! Can't wait to try them out on the server!

Well Tedf has it setup in a sort of campaign mode with a story line. Due to this we might have a few maps that are played the other way around. Bluefor starts at the Opfor side due to its been [classified information] And the crippled forces are trying to launch a counter attack.

Further there is also been progress on the standerd maps were we will just fight bots. The main goal at the moment is to get a few maps to work rather then bothering about layers, this due to the navmesh adjustments we have to make in order to get a different cap order/locations. 

After some tests yesterday we have 2 more maps that are worked on

Delian Plant

Dragon Valley

However so far its only concluded that they loadup and run with all the BF2 entities removed. However there is still plenty of work to be done pending the placement of all the PR objects.

5 minutes ago, Sledgehammer said:

Way too cool, I'm on the edge of my seat here! More maps and events, too come, Whooohooo!  Stupid question: When will the maps be ready for download?

Well its not a stupid question. But the time in when this mappack is ready for launch is until now unknown. 

3 hours ago, Protech said:

It's complicated, the opfor layouts can only be done when both teams speak the same in game language, Russia and Militia / Mec and insurgents. Otherwise the languages are messed up, example muttrah as opfor layer the MEC would speak american and Americans middle east language.
I need to have my [R-Dev] tags show on my name for these posts!

BTW, in case anyone was unsure, this looks great and my first post was sarcasm

• Upvote 2

well we are trying to approach it from a other angle and spawn the bluefor in the opfor base and the opfor from the bluefor. This could result that one has to work towards the carrier rather then starting from the carrier.

i understand that at first this doesn't make sense but as the storyline progresses it will make sense why bluefor has to attack the Essex.

it won't be as simple as the map irongator was. Tedf had maybe a bit to much fun with giving the Chinese APC's that are at the US base within a blink of an eye in order to keep the map challenging 

i am at the moment still struggling with learning the ever crashing PR editor but I hope I will be able to master it soon so I can help tedf out with some stuff. At the moment I just come with some some nice ideas that I forward towards tedf.

10 hours ago, Double_13 said:

Well Tedf has it setup in a sort of campaign mode with a story line. Due to this we might have a few maps that are played the other way around. Bluefor starts at the Opfor side due to its been [classified information] And the crippled forces are trying to launch a counter attack.

Further there is also been progress on the standerd maps were we will just fight bots. The main goal at the moment is to get a few maps to work rather then bothering about layers, this due to the navmesh adjustments we have to make in order to get a different cap order/locations. 

After some tests yesterday we have 2 more maps that are worked on

Delian Plant

Dragon Valley

However so far its only concluded that they loadup and run with all the BF2 entities removed. However there is still plenty of work to be done pending the placement of all the PR objects.

I think I just came a little bit

10 hours ago, Double_13 said:

10 hours ago, Jersans said:

Wow this is pretty awesome! So I do get that the mappack won't be available for download in the next couple of days or weeks but can people volunteer to test a few maps? And if yes, how does that work? 

About the testing. We mainly run bots on both side of the team and let them fight. It's at a later stage that we try to play them with multiple people. But for this the =VG= server needs to be taken offline from the public list and we try to do this at moments the server is low manned. I personally think involving to many people with the testing will not endup with testing, but in regular gameplay. Also it's more fun to have everybody guessing what will be threw at them rather then half the people knowing what's coming. So I think the answer will be No but that's not my call to make.

i think the issue as where in people can move across the map by looking up will become a issue.(newbs fly off the map because they dont know how to use it) 

The rest is not hard by itself, in the map settings you can enable spawn with parachute. however the fly without requiring a kit will be harder but can also be solved by adding a non faction chopper that doesn't require a pilot kit to operate.

However I think we could implement the paradrop feature on a map or 2. But this is still in speculation.

Only 3 factions have the paratrooper options atm - US, Russia and Germany. I'm personally not in favour of having those factions on a normal map as it would be too easy to abuse by skipping enemy's defences by just flying over them.

About testing :

Testing will be done in a controlled enviornment (campaign) that shall be launched once the maps are ready. After that, a feedback section will be opened where people can post the bugs / issues they found with the maps and to add suggestions. Once those errors have been fixed, the pack shall be released.

• Upvote 1