Website Updates and Upgrades are still underway! We don't expect any further downtime, but we thank you for your patience as we restore themes and other elements including the Chatbox.

VG PR OPFOR event suggestions and bugs

=VG= m823us

List any bugs you may have encountered, PLEASE be constructive and don't say "We are opfor" or "This sucks".  If you help tell us what does not work then we can fix it.  Please be specific as possible.

I'll start... 

beirut gpm_coop 64-No places for bots to capture, They die coming from their main a ship
pavlovsk_bay gpm_coop 32-Same as above

jabal gpm_coop 64- Bots take a long time to capture the East and West Beach

• Upvote 3

From what I've said in the shoutbox, repeating it here.

1. Check out operation barracuda and charlie's point, the bots are swimming and not using boats properly, maybe give them a starting flag or two to fix it? Cheers
  2. there's no DOD around the USS Essex btw, you can just take a BTR and go there. like here, this.
  3. bots barely make it to the city on jabal

• Upvote 3

People shall always complain 

when melon disables op for it people say why stop? and others will say finally.

personally I do not like opfor all that much so I rather enjoy something else until it's restored to default. However I do not complain about it.

like I said in the map rotation question.

you should give improvement points out so that melon or others could possibly improve it. ( within the limits he has) criticism is not bad but you need to come with a solution/suggestion so we could actually tackle the problem and make it better.

5 hours ago, Double_13 said:

People shall always complain 

when melon disables op for it people say why stop? and others will say finally.

personally I do not like opfor all that much so I rather enjoy something else until it's restored to default. However I do not complain about it.

like I said in the map rotation question.

you should give improvement points out so that melon or others could possibly improve it. ( within the limits he has) criticism is not bad but you need to come with a solution/suggestion so we could actually tackle the problem and make it better.

God forbid people criticize so things can be better, I thought every post here was about the flaws in some maps so Melon can fix them?

This post is about providing feedback and all you're doing is bickering about people this and that, please leave this thread to people who want to provide decent criticism and actually contribute to helping fix these issues.

On that note, other maps like Beirut and maps with carriers I believe don't have a DOD on them so it's easy to swim over or take a BTR to go base rape plus the bot spawn percentage on them is quite low, like around Muttrah the Cobra is seen at least once in an hour and you can beat the map under that.

The Havok on Jabal is bot only and it's way displaced to the right of the map, top right and it'll take at least 5 minutes to get there if you get lucky and there's still a truck at main and it's a bot only vehicle.

Edit: From what I've seen bots do not use the AAVPs on the Muttrah carrier or rarely do so?

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, mectus11 said:

God forbid people criticize so things can be better, I thought every post here was about the flaws in some maps so Melon can fix them?

This post is about providing feedback and all you're doing is bickering about people this and that, please leave this thread to people who want to provide decent criticism and actually contribute to helping fix these issues.

It looks like you might have misunderstood what he said entirely, as he is indeed stating a very real issue about players that do not support OPFOR voicing their displease in the realm of "I don't like X" instead of providing objective points about why it is the case. To be honest, regardless of players' opinion about the mode, this really should be reserved only for proper contributions or constructive criticisms aiming at improving it just like you said, and anything irrelevant or has an agenda other than helping should be considered noise/disruptive to the purpose at hands.

Going back to actually discussing this mode, I do have 2 small things (that are hopefully correct) to add:

- For maps where BLUFOR starts from the water (Muttrah City, Operation Barracuda, Vadso City, etc.), maybe a spawn point should be allowed for bots near the first capable flag, and set as primary priority just below the main/carrier point so that they can spawn into the fight properly while not forgetting to use assets in main from time to time.

- In Silent Eagle Std, it has been observed that when BLUFOR bots attempt to use CAS assets, they will keep trying to swerve sideways instead of going straight while taking off, causing them to ram into the airfield's walls and wasting them. Is there a way to correct this?

• Upvote 1

Well I noticed the six abrams and bradleys on khamisiyah std map spawn rather fast especially while the team is trying to cap refinery. Tank / apc squad often gets wiped at this point while the enemy charges in on refinery to wreck havoc on everyone else . Not much complaints on other maps  , in fact the change is rather refreshing I would say . Thought every now and then I pick up a enemy kit to gaze at that favorite, sexy ,beautiful m16a4 :P 

• Upvote 3

3 hours ago, Guest killajay said:

You want something that'll better the gaming experience and get more users. Just get raid of half those shitty power hungry admins for a change.

I'm interested in new GOOD players not only get more players on this server. And btw you need to have admins watching for rules brakers to have a better experience for all the players, limitating the number of trolls and rules brakers in the game.

Play following the server rules. Enjoy this great FREE server as many others do.

• Upvote 1