Website Updates and Upgrades are still underway! We don't expect any further downtime, but we thank you for your patience as we restore themes and other elements including the Chatbox.

Arma 2 Insurgency Server Offline for 'Insurgency Standalone' Server Public Testing

=VG= SemlerPDX

Thanks to much effort from Brakegamer, we are currently testing the standalone game called "Insurgency", found on steam for around $10.  The server is currently set to COOP mode with the standard maximum of 8 human players vs. 24 bots -- we are still working with different configuration options and settings, but for now the server is up and open to the Public.

During this test, which may last until next weekend, we have shut down the Arma 2 Insurgency COOP server to use it's CPU cores for the test.  Once we have a baseline for the server's CPU usage, we will find a place on the server for it to persist and we will turn the A2 Insurgency server back on.  I still have some challenges to get the server accessible to admins through TCAdmin, I'm using a batch file to launch it at present, so the server may have periods of downtime as I continue to configure it - but I will be in the TS3 Insurgency Standalone channel when this is happening, and will inform all players there before I begin, and I don't mind waiting until the end of a game to do so.

Standard VG Game Server rules apply, as applicable - we don't expect much traffic on this test server, but don't push the boundaries of acceptable gameplay as we are testing, you won't last long here if you do.

VG Arma 2 Insurgency Server is Back Online

• Upvote 2

Okay, I've been eyeballing the CPU usage of the INS Standalone server for over a week now and I believe I've found a way for it to keep running at the same time as the Arma 2 Insurgency server.  I've changed a few things around for the A3 Lib, the A2 Ins, and the Ins standalone and hopefully they will play nicely together.  Please report if there are any issues and I'll re-examine the situation.

@ BLuDKLoT -- go ahead and claim the Insurgency server for the VG Clan here: http://www.gametracker.com/server_info/5.9.23.136:27015/  

also, you could add that Game Tracker Banner to the VG Game Servers page if you want.  I'm pretty sure  we'll be able to keep it up and running along side the other game servers.

@ Brakegamer -- please make up a Rules List for the server based on the other VG Rules list as it applies to that game, I don't play it so I don't know.  We'll review it and then we will post it as an official Rules page for this server.

VG Arma 2 Insurgency Server is Back Online

• Upvote 1

• =VG= SemlerPDX unpinned, unfeatured and locked this topic