Website Updates and Upgrades are still underway! We don't expect any further downtime, but we thank you for your patience as we restore themes and other elements including the Chatbox.

Coop Server is down?

Guest Yang95

Savage, Solar, Poff, Ciro, are the geek squad. Not sure where they are these days man. I'm looking into other options atm in relocating and moving the site and servers to something like alphanetworks with tech support cus I know it's frustrating having to reply on people to rescue the servers, but only when they have the free time, so makes shit hard for the community when it's technical stuff. Sorry guys. 

1 hour ago, =VG= BLuDKLoT said:

Savage, Solar, Poff, Ciro, are the geek squad. Not sure where they are these days man. I'm looking into other options atm in relocating and moving the site and servers to something like alphanetworks with tech support cus I know it's frustrating having to reply on people to rescue the servers, but only when they have the free time, so makes shit hard for the community when it's technical stuff. Sorry guys. 

I just went on their site and it appears Alpha Networks is no longer active...

Nuclear Fallout has nodes in Germany though. Interesting?

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, =VG= BLuDKLoT said:

I'm here, too.  I'll be doing what I can to catch up and help out with these things.  I am rusty, but as these guys are a bit busier with life right now, I will dedicate my time to learn what I need to in order to help maintain the health of the server.  Don't change the server to some other system or even I won't be able to help.

I've resolved the issues with the PR Server and the TCAdmin web panel.  Please keep things as they are - the server is powerful, affordable, and stable - and I will step up and help with tech support.

• Upvote 5

Thanks for the effort Sem! People were exhilarated (did I spell that right?) when it came back on!

Now without intention to dis, but "powerful, affordable and stable"? Clearly something is not right if a server crashes so oftenly. Is it overloaded with too many game servers perhaps?

Also, as Blud mentioned, the VG members can only dedicate their free time to maintaining the server, which unavoidably leads to 'dark hours' when nobody can interfere with any technical server issue. I dont know where the server box is or who controls it but many companies offer great uptime and specs for a reasonable price,within the monthly amount of donations that are currently received.

If I'm missing a detail that makes this whole point bullshit, then let me know ;).

3 hours ago, Acromarts said:

If I'm missing a detail that makes this whole point bullshit, then let me know ;).

The missing details are mentioned in another post here: Good server - bad PR software

The company we are currently with is one of those that offer the greatest uptime and specs for the most reasonable price (less than $100 US monthly) -- and we also would experience wait times with a fully managed server which would cost tons more.  But I will be minimizing the tech support wait times on our own server for certain things as I am able since some of the others are less available than I am at present.  I will learn what I have to, at times even I will have to wait for a reply to a question from one of the others, or learn it myself online, which will take time -- time I am willing to devote to VG to keep the power in our hands to run our own servers and to do so in a fiscally responsible manner at the same time.

*also, we are not overloading our available CPU cores, though we cannot open any other servers if we want to keep respecting that capacity.  PR has it's own dedicated cores on the i7 - and the rest of the server does not run near 100%.  The new server we will eventually get from the same company (intel Skylake CPU, same price/month!!) will increase that capacity, but cannot be expected to fix bugs or issues within the PR software itself.  Stability issues are noted to be software (PR) and not server hardware.  Please don't confuse the two, it's a common mistake. No worries.

I've just returned from a week vacation, and it is one of those times when one realizes how much they actually do - several areas of VG needed some love.  And I love VG, so I'll be doing more and more.  But I cannot fix core engine code issues in PR COOP -- again, read that other post linked above.  Thx

• Upvote 2

11 hours ago, =VG= SemlerPDX said:

The missing details are mentioned in another post here: Good server - bad PR software

The company we are currently with is one of those that offer the greatest uptime and specs for the most reasonable price (less than $100 US monthly) -- and we also would experience wait times with a fully managed server which would cost tons more.  But I will be minimizing the tech support wait times on our own server for certain things as I am able since some of the others are less available than I am at present.  I will learn what I have to, at times even I will have to wait for a reply to a question from one of the others, or learn it myself online, which will take time -- time I am willing to devote to VG to keep the power in our hands to run our own servers and to do so in a fiscally responsible manner at the same time.

*also, we are not overloading our available CPU cores, though we cannot open any other servers if we want to keep respecting that capacity.  PR has it's own dedicated cores on the i7 - and the rest of the server does not run near 100%.  The new server we will eventually get from the same company (intel Skylake CPU, same price/month!!) will increase that capacity, but cannot be expected to fix bugs or issues within the PR software itself.  Stability issues are noted to be software (PR) and not server hardware.  Please don't confuse the two, it's a common mistake. No worries.

I've just returned from a week vacation, and it is one of those times when one realizes how much they actually do - several areas of VG needed some love.  And I love VG, so I'll be doing more and more.  But I cannot fix core engine code issues in PR COOP -- again, read that other post linked above.  Thx

Cheers for that Sem! I knew PR didn't have the greatest and most stable code but had no idea it was this bad...

That's an amazing price too :o! Did you make them sign at gunpoint or something?