Website Updates and Upgrades are still underway! We don't expect any further downtime, but we thank you for your patience as we restore themes and other elements including the Chatbox.

Live Streaming Falcon BMS

=VG= SemlerPDX

I need a little practice, I was going to make BMS a weekend stream thing, maybe Fridays and Saturdays, but after some of the technical issues I had and some of the tumbleweed issues ( ;) ) I'm gonna do a wee bit more offline re-training before next weekend.  I may not have shown it in the video, Cobalt says he didn't notice anything, but I was STEAMING on the inside.  I can do better.  I feel like no experienced BMS pilots would enjoy watching me flounder in the air each week, and any new players might pick up bad habits -- lol!

Only ways to counter the couple issues I had... "practice, practice, practice".  At least offline, no one else is waiting on me and I can pause and read a line from the manual as needed.   Luckily, the training materials and missions are well made enough that I often "remember" something after going over it again and don't need to refer to the Dash1 and Dash34, just gotta go through the motions once more to refresh.

Thanks for your interest!  I can't wait to do this again (with less tumbleweed).... (and in the stream I used "furball" twice when I meant "tumbleweed"... i even need to brush up on my brevity lol )

On the subject, I know I'm not the only one using VoiceAttack for my AI comms - I may be one of the first to use the new "wildcards" that allow any sentence ending with "*request picture;*requesting picture"  for example - but this past time, before the stream I did a few hours of testing and found that "recording" the keystroke actions made VA control BMS just fine it seemed... then when I was flying the 2nd and 3rd missions, VA was trying to send the macro or command T pause 1 pause 1 or just Numpad1 and not only did the commands not go through, but the Windows focus was changed from BMS to ???

Any pointers are greatly appreciated, this one bit of troubleshooting makes me pull out my hair!! If I had this much trouble with other games (Elite Dangerous for example) I'd have never started relying so heavily on VA.  Hell, my Modules Menu Control for ED in VA is over 20 functional controls linked to as many commands, some menu trees near 400 lines in notepad++, and they all work exactly as I wrote them, just like a small program.  But BMS and VA do not play nicely on my machine!  Of course, I play in a sort of "borderless windowed mode" the way I have cockpit display extraction active, the Main window is just a window made to fit on the first monitor, unlike any game in my library (except perhaps DCS).  Again, any tips are more than welcome, even if I may have tried them, no worries.

5 hours ago, =VG= SemlerPDX said:

Only ways to counter the couple issues I had... "practice, practice, practice".  At least offline, no one else is waiting on me and I can pause and read a line from the manual as needed.   Luckily, the training materials and missions are well made enough that I often "remember" something after going over it again and don't need to refer to the Dash1 and Dash34, just gotta go through the motions once more to refresh.

Know what you mean, I don't get to fly consistently. As you say "practice, practice, practice" is the key.

5 hours ago, =VG= SemlerPDX said:

Thanks for your interest!  I can't wait to do this again (with less tumbleweed).... (and in the stream I used "furball" twice when I meant "tumbleweed"... i even need to brush up on my brevity lol )

Live stream event attracts more people and it's fun to watch if somebody can't be part of it (most likely my case :29:). I may have some MP oriented TEs ready the coming weeks and that could be an interesting addition to the usual campaign (could have them ready faster if I had the time, for now these TEs would be a once in a while event).

Cheers

PS I think I tried VA a while back but could not make it work, didn't spend much time on it so I can't be of much help.

• Upvote 1