Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
FPSGeraud

Mapvote No Longer Working

19 posts in this topic

Hey guys,

For some reason I can't start mapvotes any more. It says you have insufficient rights to use this command but I can still change the map/use other admins commands. Has the mapvote command been removed or am I just experiencing some random glitch?

Is anyone else suffering from the same problem?

Geraud.

From what i recall, it was removed due to the often server crash caused by votes

26 minutes ago, =VG= Jaki said:

From what i recall, it was removed due to the often server crash caused by votes

thats exactly what TEDF said

when he removed the command a few months ago

I do wonder why the !admin command is back on the public list.

I can really notice that when I join the server and there was no admin online before me. When I join people tell me there was a huge tk event  and the person in question left since !admin showed an admin was joining.

1 hour ago, Double_13 said:

I do wonder why the !admin command is back on the public list.

I can really notice that when I join the server and there was no admin online before me. When I join people tell me there was a huge tk event  and the person in question left since !admin showed an admin was joining.

Hmm You might have a good point there. If people don't know there's an admin at the server, they might show their real face then. Which makes it easier for u guys to get rid of them. It's hard to kick ppl based on what other people are saying. Rather just witness it yourself

Thanks for clearing that up guys,

Wasn't sure if I was just doing something wrong but it makes sense. The mapvote wasn't that great anyway as usually only 10% of the people would care to vote.

I suggest Ted puts all the commands we can or can't use on the table, either here, or on the admin forums so we know what to expect, so we don't spam commands we can't run and are not aware about it. Just my 2 cents...

apparently !admin command is disabled again for players and admins...

Coud we have it back for admins, no reason to turn it off for them...

...I still can run map votes and do !admins commands.  are you forgetting the "s"?

On 30-7-2016 at 0:53 AM, =VG= m823us said:

...I still can run map votes and do !admins commands.  are you forgetting the "s"?

No, surely not forgetting the s. !admins does not work for us anymore

I think we should not make a fuzz about the admins command all to much. While I know it can be annoying, it might be so that certain people (high admins) can check for possible abuse within the admins. Even if that is true I think that if you feel unconformable with this you might have something to hide. Pressing tab and take a brief moment to look at the playerlist tells me all the admins to. 

Mapvote got moved to the highest admin level a while ago as it's damn useless command and causes server crashes every 8 times out of 10.

!admins should work for everyone except regular players and light admins.

All available admin commands are listed on PR admin HQ teamspeak channel

I think the !swtich vote doesn't work tough.. It shoud be enabled so we can switch anybody if needed, but it isn't really that much needed, choice is up to You Ted.

Switch command is also moved up to the highest level as there's no need for it since Melon put some kind of smart bot balance in, denying anyone of joining the bot team.