Website Updates and Upgrades are still underway! We don't expect any further downtime, but we thank you for your patience as we restore themes and other elements including the Chatbox.

Missing Co-op maps

Protech

Sofar i remember, we never got in time the pool flag because the Opfor ran out of tickets 

What the map made nearly impossible was the spawn distances of the bots to the captured flags. Also the amount of flags that was unlocked and attackable at the same time was hard to handle. Maybe we can handle it now with 8man squads better.

Im trying help you and you telling me stop they dont even work anyway ask teddy he tell you we are missing some of the obj folders,

And i appreciate your help, but when these old versions getting around in the public again it can cause problems in the future when TEDF have done the rework and release his versions. People who had installed the old ones have to delete it before they install TEDF's ones and sometimes people dont know that and accidently combining old with new and arent able to join the server because of modified content error. You remember why we renamed karbala to karbalb ? Different mapversion with same name cannot exist in the same place.

That's the reason i said: stop please, and not STOP. Each of this map can be reworked and goes full functionally.

Street 2 have only modcontent in the map made by Spyker. He copied a faction and gave them different kits and camopattern. Fixing an invisible soldier isn't a problem. Call the right team in the init.con or init_sp.con and you get the normal soldiers with working textures and kitgeometrie of the current version. All of them can be fixed.

Give TEDF the time to figure out what all must be fixed and you get the mappack. Quality instead of quantity.

I ask TEDF what he is missing. I check my other HDD and look if i have a backup of it. I have also the old 0.97 version on it so i have everything that is missing.

Trees and X-ray Vision do not really match.

another problem is that the maps are harder then your average map and people often ragequit faster since they keep getting killed from the bots shooting thought the vegetation that blocks our sight.

due to the many people leaving it will be harder to cap the flags since you don't have enough troops to keep the bots from entering the caparea 

Hill: easy map that can be finished with only killing 30 bots if one squad pushes to the hill flag and the other caps the neutral flag

operation ghost train: fun map but like stated above the trees keep shooting, and often you have a jerk that destroys the FOB and you gotta walk for 10 min

TEDS hell (tadsea): problem is that most people don't load up fast enough to counter the first wave. Later on you have your tree issue

charlies point: quite easy map but people leave to fast and you need 30 people to keep the bots off your ass

Those are the Vietnam maps we don't play. They can be played if you have at least 2 or more decent squads that communicate. Sadly this never happens and the map becomes hard for the sake of keeping the fun admins avoid these maps so the server can stay alive.

there are many maps we rarely play and all is because there is no teamwork to pass that map.

2 hours ago, Double_13 said:

Trees and X-ray Vision do not really match.

another problem is that the maps are harder then your average map and people often ragequit faster since they keep getting killed from the bots shooting thought the vegetation that blocks our sight.

due to the many people leaving it will be harder to cap the flags since you don't have enough troops to keep the bots from entering the caparea 

Hill: easy map that can be finished with only killing 30 bots if one squad pushes to the hill flag and the other caps the neutral flag

operation ghost train: fun map but like stated above the trees keep shooting, and often you have a jerk that destroys the FOB and you gotta walk for 10 min

TEDS hell (tadsea): problem is that most people don't load up fast enough to counter the first wave. Later on you have your tree issue

charlies point: quite easy map but people leave to fast and you need 30 people to keep the bots off your ass

Those are the Vietnam maps we don't play. They can be played if you have at least 2 or more decent squads that communicate. Sadly this never happens and the map becomes hard for the sake of keeping the fun admins avoid these maps so the server can stay alive.

there are many maps we rarely play and all is because there is no teamwork to pass that map.

Thank you for  the detailed answer. I've never really thought about the issues you mentioned here. But it really make sense! 

I'm not sure if these are the same maps/pack that Blud or Fastjack seem to have found or if they're what people are looking for but I'll list them anyway just in case they're different.

I still have a map pack i downloaded waaaaay back in 2011 that has the following maps.

Al Kufrah Oilfield

Desert Rats

Helmand Fields

Helmands Return

Hills Of Hamgyong

Midnight Sun

Op Black Hawk Down

Operation Phoenix

Operation Harvest

Operation Road Rage

Road To Jalalabad

Street 2

Sunset City

The installer for the pack only allows you to install to PR .97 but if  the maps are wanted by someone to go through and update to the latest version i still have PR.97 aswell so i can install the pack and just zip up the map folders. So, if someone wants them just let me know and I'll try to figure out a way to send them over, it's' up to you guys though, i don't know anything about how to update them to work with the latest version of PR or how much work would be involved with it.

Well, I'll try to get them packaged up in a zip file and uploaded for you in the next couple of days if you like, it would be good to possibly see the maps get used again for an event or something.  Some of them are quite small compared to current PR standards, the old .5kmx.5km ones but all of them together are only like 500mb unzipped so i may aswell  just send you all of them. What would be the best place to upload them? I hear Dropbox get mentioned a lot but have never used it myself... is that the best place?

I've got Battle For Qinling aswell if you want me to include that, but, well, that wasn't the most exciting map...