Website Updates and Upgrades are still underway! We don't expect any further downtime, but we thank you for your patience as we restore themes and other elements including the Chatbox.

I present you my newest adult-only toy

ZZANG1847

Now, I know some of you expected me to post some other type of naughty toy that kids shouldn't fool around with, but I am not a kinky person. Instead, I like to collect some toys that I could show off in public "range" and still use it in intended purpose, which is killing paper targets.

I present you, the Molot VEPR-12:

20160724_150006.jpg

20160724_150031.jpg

20160724_150041.jpg

20160724_150107.jpg

VEPR-12 is a semi-auto shotgun, made in Molot factory in Russia. They used to make famous firearms like PPSh-41, RPK, and many other for Soviet Union during the cold war, and now they also make AK-type rifles designed for a civilian purpose as well as this shotgun, which is more likely intended to be used by both competetive shooters as well as military/police personnel around the globe.

People heard more about Saiga-12 shotguns over VEPR-12 due to their recent appearance in video games (such as BF, COD, and so forth), but in real-life Saiga-12 is a very tricky weapon to use as they require some fitting and tuning in order to run various loads of 12 guage shotshells, not to mention all of modifications needed to make it look like a true AK-type shotgun. VEPR-12, on the other hand, is much more reliable right out of the factory and come with all kinds of features that you would love, like last-round bolt open and bolt release button, cheek riser for mounting optics, threaded muzzle for muzzle break/compensator, and etc.

Due to features like these, many people actually run VEPR-12 in a competetive environment, but I am not all that good when it comes down to speed shooting, so this is going to remain as a fun toy to use in a public range, leaving a bruise on my shoulder and shit-eating grin on my face.

So, how does it work on paper target that i mentioned before?

asd.jpg

Pretty gud, if you ask me ')

• Upvote 6

1 hour ago, =VG= BLuDKLoT said:

It kinda looks like my c39v American made AK47 

That's because both C39V2 and VEPR-12 is based on Russian AK design.

BTW, how's your C39V2 holding up? While RAS-47 from Century Arms is universally considered as sub-par AK due to parts breakage, people praised highly about C39V2 because it is quite well-made AK for the money.

• Upvote 2

In my 3 gun competition I see my division starting to run a Galil instead of an AR platform and a lot of the higher end competition shoot the benelli m4 due to magazine size.  I'm still partial to the M1A for a long gun so it fits into the "heavy metal" division, which consists of 12 gauge, .308 plus and .45 ACP for the win.  

Not a fan of the AK variants, technically a great weapon and can not jam even if you open the action and place JAM inside, and smother it in mud, still operates better than most weapons but just does not tickle my pickle.  I do like the Galil though for some odd reason.    

12 minutes ago, =VG= m823us said:

In my 3 gun competition I see my division starting to run a Galil instead of an AR platform and a lot of the higher end competition shoot the benelli m4 due to magazine size.  I'm still partial to the M1A for a long gun so it fits into the "heavy metal" division, which consists of 12 gauge, .308 plus and .45 ACP for the win.  

Not a fan of the AK variants, technically a great weapon and can not jam even if you open the action and place JAM inside, and smother it in mud, still operates better than most weapons but just does not tickle my pickle.  I do like the Galil though for some odd reason.    

It's kinda surprising to hear that people actually started using heavier guns like Galil and Benelli M4 instead of frankenbuild AR-15s and Benelli M2. Regarding Galil, it is one of those guns I really want but can't have it now because they cost an arm and a leg. Parts kits are already dried up, waiting CNC warrior to make receiver is driving people nuts, and finding builder who wouldn't screw up the precious kit you got is very challenging (though I heard that Hillbilly firearms is doing a pretty good job creating a decent galil).

P.S) And yes I know about Galil ACE, but i wouldn't be paying that stupid amount of money for a 7.62x39 rifle.