=VG= Rotblut

A Game I can not forget

16 posts in this topic

First I like to thank GalacticImpact. Bro you made my week. You advices lead me to the right websites and I finaly set up Falcon and all adds.

When I first start playing Falcon BMS it reminds me, to the good old times when all this computergaming with sims started for the public.?

In the beginning there was a game called Wing Commander. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wing_Commander_(video_game)

Hundreds and thousands of hours patrolling the deep space to look out for enemys was my fun 25 years ago on a pixelish but colored? 15"

Monitor. Today you woudlt not look at the game because of the old big pixel grafix.

For my surprise,? a team of dev?s?http://www.wcsaga.com/? decide to "refurbish" the game in 2012 and made it free to play for the public with

outstanding grafix now.

ModDB has all files to download http://www.moddb.com/games/wing-commander-saga-the-darkest-dawn/

Also the dev?s http://www.wcsaga.com/index.php/rs-downloads.html?folder=releases

For germans there is even a translation mod, download and install this seperatly please.

This is maybe some you like to chek out and enjoy. Have fun.
XVG6M5

?

send me a message and ill fly with ya anytime bro

I can help you on this sim

Your on BMS! I'm just getting back into it myself.?

Or we talking bout wong commander?

Na the commander I havent played for years. BMS I am just getting in and what can I say, it is like with the PR. Adore it!!!!!!

I had Wing Commander 4 back in 1997 on the playstation 1, 

all my friends back then had nintendo's and super nintendo's or Sega's

but i had a playstation 1. 

I was truely astonished to see FMV's in games. wich made it all feel more realistic.  more immersive. 

Wing Commander 4 made a deep impression on me back in the 90's. 

Same as the Command & Conquer series, wich i originally played on the playstation 1 aswell, 

C&C, C&C Red Alert and C&C Red Alert Retaliation, all with beatiful FMV's. pulling u right into the story. 

I played WingCommander but i didn't liked it so much as ELITE on the Commodore C64.

Best C64 games ever: GianaSisters, ManiacMansion, KungFu Master and Impossible Mission.

On 21.6.2016 at 8:07 PM, =VG= Fastjack said:

Best C64 games ever: GianaSisters, ManiacMansion,

true words but "Barbarian - the ultimate worrior" and "G.I. Joe" have also robbed my youth.

Barbarians ...... liked the cutting the headoff move. 

G.I. Joe was also nice. Also Choplifter.

But also really good was 

Wings of Fury :rolleyes: ( on AMIGA = how was the infinity ammo cheat? Ah "colinwashere)

uhh, wings of fury... thats a reason to set up my old amiga "CDTV". 

How about a special edition of pr on 5500 diskettes? virtually  protable ...

Yehhhaaaa, more from this shit xD

Here if you like to play on Win7 (use Compatibility Mode Win XP SP3)

works without combatility-mode but it dont like 2 monitors... 

many thanks. The only true flight-simulator. this is much better than Falcon BMS;)

....but for god sake dont forget to push "e" first!!!!!

wingsofury.jpg

3 hours ago, 0100011000101 said:

The only true flight-simulator. this is much better than Falcon BMS;)

:tatice_03:

When I was a kid in the 1980's, we had a Commodore 64 and the best "sim" game was from the makers of Falcon, Microprose called Gunship.  An Apache simulator with jaw dropping graphics so real you'd swear the bullets were streaking past your face! lol (j/k)

It was so difficult to play, my Uncle needed me to operate one half of the keyboard (from the days before the mouse) and it even came with a layover keyboard guide.  Still, we had very little success playing it, and I remember spending most of my time looking down trying to find a certain button.

gunshipbox.jpggunshipkeyboardguide.jpg

gunship.jpg

*^^ Funny fact about this screenshot above, this is ACTUAL SCREEN SIZE!! This image filled a monitor that was 13 inches diagonally (AFAIK) with a resolution of 320x200, but here in the modern era, it's barely bigger than a thumbnail image!!

Here we have a Version of Gunship with Mouse Support. A little Demo just to show you Guys that older Games still exist even without Emulator.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/dzxuas3yx0gxo5x/Gunship.7z?dl=0 :kez_11:

gunship.jpg.38336d0cc25a67fa7f612b4fb081f6fe.jpgGunship.jpg

But i think this is a "newer" version of this game. The graphics are way too good. Should rather look like this:

188242-flight-simulator-ii-amiga-screenshot-the-learjet-25g-on-the.png

but thanks anyway. your game guid me throu my work today...;)

hqdefault.jpg