Website Updates and Upgrades are still underway! We don't expect any further downtime, but we thank you for your patience as we restore themes and other elements including the Chatbox.

New VETERANS-GAMING TeamSpeak 3

=VG= SemlerPDX

If anyone experiences connection issues, please post them here and we will help you get connected!

SERVER UPGRADE NOTICE:

Our TeamSpeak Address is Changing!
You can now connect with the simple address:

TS3.VETERANS-GAMING.COM

It's essentially the same as it was, but without the :9176 port numbers after the address. New permissions will be assigned to verified members, moderators, channel admins, and friends. During the migration, our other TS3 server will remain active for a short period to help buffer our change. Please use the new TeamSpeak only, as we will be monitoring the old one to bring your friends to the proper address as soon as they join.

A New Golden Age Begins...

This change marks a new step forward for VETERANS-GAMING, and your continued support has brought us here. We are proud to announce that our game server hardware is now better than ever, with nearly every game we play taking advantage it. The specs include an i7 2600 Quad-Core CPU, 32GB of DDR3 RAM, a massive 2 x 3TB SATA 6 Gb/s HDD array in RAID-1, and more bandwidth and speed than we'll likely ever use!

Our initial tests were jaw droppers, and you can expect to see a dramatic decrease in server lag, congestion, and downtimes on a more stable platform. Basically, as one of our Arma mission makers, I sum it up to mean that most any problems or issues can now be directly attributed to the game engines and specific missions we play before we have to blame anything on the internet itself, or our hardware.

VG Game Servers Affected:
Project Reality - Forgotten Hope 2 - ARMA 2 - MineCraft - Left4Dead 2

We hope we can keep counting on your support as we move into the Summer months, and as we begin to offer more gaming contests for gaming gear, such as TrackIR and others, we hope you continue to enjoy our growing community, awesome servers, and fun games!
Thank you all, and see you on the battlefields!

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you find yourself joining and you cannot move outside of the welcome lounge channels that is because you are a guest and not verified.

You will have to message an admin to verify you to allow you to move between channels.

{EDIT NOTE: Only certain channels disallow guests to join them, most will let you move freely as a guest.]

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Finally got round to making an account to post this

I use to be able to connect to the old TS server perfectly fine but with this new one I can't seem to connect. This is what I get:
<17:25:07> Trying to resolve hostname ts3.veterans-gaming.com
<17:25:11> Trying to connect to server on ts3.veterans-gaming.com
<17:25:17> Failed to connect to server

Any idea what's wrong?

Edit: I can connect to other servers fine

and for good measure, you can flush your PC's DNS Resolver Cache. It is a simple procedure that won't harm anything.
Here it is:
Start by opening a command prompt in Windows (c:\> prompt)<br />From the prompt type:<br />ipconfig<br />(and press enter)<br /><br />then type:<br />ipconfig /flushdns<br /><br />Press enter, and you're done!<br />

Good luck, let us know if it fixes it!
!cheers

Melon Muncher =VG= LAN_WROTE ...

Are you using TS3.VETERANS-GAMING.COM make sure the port is blank.
Also there was something about some people haveing problems with hamachi so if you hae it make sure it is turned off and disabled.

Thanks for all the replies- will get back to you when it's working
This Hamachi is most likely the issue as I recently installed it around the time when the TS started playing up. Will uninstall ASAP as I don't need it anymore.

Sweet - I can now connect perfectly. Hamachi was screwing it up. Thanks for all the help