Website Updates and Upgrades are still underway! We don't expect any further downtime, but we thank you for your patience as we restore themes and other elements including the Chatbox.

TS3 Permissions?

=VG= BLuDKLoT

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

VG members might not be aware of this!?

from my experience ...being a current non VG member...if peeps/like myself that are trying to join a channel group and cant switch them selves... no TS admin available to do it for you,your just gonna leave with frustration,
loosing a potential new recruit/regular gaming buddy!?
the only way i can see whose in what channel is look on the " whose on TS " on the forums, cause the channel groups are all closed for me when i log in to TS3 !,

and joining BF2 PR Co-Op VG server and asking som one in there is a burden for them to com outta game and do you a favour by switchin you into their channel.
am all for TS security because trolls are a pain in the cock!

may-b Channel Group Administration can be handed to regular TS users, eg:-

at the moment i am only interested in BF2 Co oP PR so i'll only want the ability to join/admin my/any channel associated with that gaming channel,
so i can kick the trolls,because these soab's will cause as much disruption to the most populated channel!!! which is mostly BF2 PR Co oP

Photobucket

Dail ADMIN for TS3 Police !

If we can fix it so that regular users can see who is in all channels I think that is the best option. Yes it will be a pain for the first while but once all the regulars are given the 'Friend' status it will be much better IMO.

That being said I have not been on much lately... is it a real pain in the ass to deal with?

well i honestly think that it's better than having a password. If TS has a password, then NO random people can get into it. This means that griefers cant get in, but it also means that NO ONE can get in that doesnt go through the process of posting on the site to get the password, sending PMs, etc, which take time if no one is on, and discourages people from trying to join TS/play with us in general. Currently anyone can get in the TS, but you have to ask to be moved if you aren't known. At least it lets people get into the TS, and since we can go in the channel and actually talk to them, it lets us get to know them better initially and then move them based on that.

I'm not sure though, it looks like its password/full protection with a lot less chance of new players joining, or the current situation which is slightly less protection, a lot more hassle, but allows a lot more new members to join the TS without getting turned away with a password.

Permissions can be adjusted for ANYTHING.

The permissions for i_client_max_channel_subscriptions was not set for Friends and that has been corrected now.
Friends can now see all cleints in the channels.

btw. With permissions any channel can be opened to the public independent of the other. THe problem with a pw is you have to do each channel sperately or lock down the enitre server.

@Sweet

With your current permissions you can simply move a the Guest back to the lobby and leave him there.