Website Updates and Upgrades are still underway! We don't expect any further downtime, but we thank you for your patience as we restore themes and other elements including the Chatbox.

LONG Screenshot Tour of my Castle and Survival World

=VG= SemlerPDX

JEfRFdP.gif

Come tour Castle Semleria with me!

This is a LONG Screenshot post... It was a work of over 5 months, off an on; my first foray into playing this game - and as a noOb I died many times! From my humble beginnings in my Cobblestone Keep, to the construction of my first Citadel which inspired all this, I played vanilla 1.7 Minecraft in Survival Mode on Normal Difficulty. I'll admit I did "cheat" in a ton of coal blocks when cooking my thousands of stored stone from the mines into bricks, and a dispenser full of squid for Squid's Galley Aquarium - I just plain got impatient on one or two things; also, I did all my redstone with a crate of "cheated in" parts, as I wanted to focus on building. All building was done back in Survival Mode with said items, cooking raw stone into the castle bricks, and each book and book shelf came from cows and paper from the farm. Everything is my own design, except for the working portcullis, which came from a YouTuber's design. It took awhile, but was great fun! I hope you Minecrafter's enjoy seeing another player's works here.

Just Keep Scrollin'

:)

QvhgRfjl.png
dUNpTqLl.png
97CrXqkl.png
nXkJO8nl.png
gWwZVRBl.png
SzvZjzWl.png
KkX4ekjl.png
1xow0Psl.png
v2nuNc4l.png
lBeczncl.png
gSgatL4l.png
uFhDBsll.png
4st1hqLl.png
cCBeZMAl.png
fiddbpIl.png
rU5g83jl.png
8gOecFdl.png
PFQ8wKFl.png
dlKmLWQ.jpg
lTUHUsRl.png
ORXwTVel.png
KOXb9ynl.png
UfGmmI2l.png
Nf7ladCl.png
rxv0lZKl.png

Every castle needs secret passages!

Functional aesthetics like working portcullis, murder holes, protected walkways and towers along castle walls, over a dozen secret passageways, hidden switches, and secret rooms including a multi-function Nether Portal that goes to the farm, the Nether Mine, the castle, and the Nether Railway (turns 2 days travel into 45 second ride to nearest Village).

Uezl1QLl.png
4vAr8PJl.png
6nIReSnl.png
wyx6cCzl.png
1OBJlb5l.png
3qt6csxl.png

Paradise Ranch

Forgive me if I'm overly proud of my semi-automated farm. With the barn, it's 2 stories above ground, and 4 below, with hopper/railcart harvester, and materials transportation to and from the Castle Kitchen. All you gotta do is feed, breed, slaughter, and plant - if the hogs don't get out, you don't even need to hoe the dirt! Fishing spot is better than my Log Cabin on the lakes up North, and it's right by home: many magic books and items get hooked.

RygMe88l.png
VBZGVCwl.png
n7klIPfl.png
zkNkCIWl.png
wuHc7uFl.png
5ZKCH5el.png
AQPO7TDl.png
MW37GXUl.png
YiwDXJul.png
zEzFi9fl.png

My Log Cabin up North

Up at Lake of the Woods, Semtario, I built a log cabin out of full trees from surrounding forests. It has an ever burning hearth, and another burning brick near the top of the chimney to produce a smoke effect. This was WAY too much fun to build! At this point, I'm hooked on Minecraft for life.
Thanks for reading!

!cheers

hfGDuXOl.png
bpSsYSll.png
ks4kZY2l.png
Omsa7d9l.png
R9ay53bl.png
5yXSOFnl.png
SYQEgMrl.png
jZTDCuPl.png
6fPRMZtl.png
70qNkWNl.png
dam7aR8l.png
v19naLVl.png
mQoWis5l.png

A Glitched Final View of the Mines under the Castle:

CfPrvlDl.png

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank for the kind words! To keep credit where credit is due, I also got the idea for the king and queen's throne and the long table in the Great Hall from YouTube videos, as well. I still have to decorate, the castle is rather barren, and I think the King's bedroom needs a private library, or maybe a pool or jacuzzi - some swanky addition.
I haven't even played in over a month, just ran out of ideas for things to build.

Sometimes, it really is more about the journey than the destination.

• 2 weeks later...