Website Updates and Upgrades are still underway! We don't expect any further downtime, but we thank you for your patience as we restore themes and other elements including the Chatbox.

Assault Class: Have you cake and...eat it too?

Raven800

Hey everyone on VG. I know I haven't been on much around the Main Site but I've been pretty busy with other things. That said, lately I've been playing a lot of Battlefield 3 and have noticed a lot of things that could be, if not SHOULD be changed, and have been voicing my opinions on "Battle Log" forums. My latest one being about the Assault Class being a "Multi-Roled" class where as other's aren't; Carrying a Grenadier Kit while acting as a medic. I've posted an Idea to "fix" this "problem" and am interested to hear what other people who play BF3 think about this. That said, link's below. See you all when I see ya!

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/forum/threadview/2832654624802527831/

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd rather have people playing assault to get kills and also be able to heal/revive me, than pick a class that's pure offense and have no support skills. I think that the medpack is actually the best trade, because if you play on a server with no regen health, medpacks are extremely valuable, as they prevent a death in the first place rather than waiting to die and get revived. Medpacks also encourage lone wolfing, which is part of the reason medic was preferred in BF2.if you only have a defib, you have to be really careful, as you cant bring yourself back up and keep going.

Just my opinion though, I almost always play engy for the fact that it has strong guns at close-med range, and is extremely useful for destroying and maintaining vehicles. Now that the javelin has had a bit of a buff, and the laser designator is needed to unlock the new sniper rifles, engy is more multi-function with the javelin for air and ground targets, and a strong carbine for clearing buildings or tight streets.