Website Updates and Upgrades are still underway! We don't expect any further downtime, but we thank you for your patience as we restore themes and other elements including the Chatbox.

Proper use of assets

xI_Yoda_Ix

I've witnessed, on more than one occasion, a player using assets in a manor which they were not intended.
This includes taxiing an A10 into south bunker, flying the attack chopper through the streets of Muttrah at a metre or two off the ground.
It made the match all but impossible for infantry to hear enemy vehicles coming.
Repeated warnings had no effect on the players tactics.
Is this a kick/ban offence?

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If they crash or waste assets because of it, then I would kick, but sometimes flying through the streets of Muttrah is a must (A-10 at south bunker is just stupid), if south AA spawns and I'm in a bad location to run and dump flares. Occasionally if I'm out of AGM's and south AA needs to be taken out fast, I fly through the streets till I reach the T-building that has the AA, pop up over the lip, and unload hydras. I think its practical for me, but I really don't trust many pilots to do this without crashing. If they just hover around and bother the inf, I guess it would be a minor form of griefing (disrupting gameplay). It really depends, I guess?

I'd agree if the tactic was valuable to the team. In this case it was BF2 mentality to get a high kill count.

I repeatedly asked the pilot to move on so we could hear the enemy but I was ignored.
With a full squad below him he felt it was more important to hover above us while waiting for the enemy to reach us. This left our squad overwhelmed by noise and unable to hear let alone determine the direction of enemy advances.

I did eventually kick the player who returned asking for admin. I joined his squad only to find he is VOIP deprived and did not engage in text communication.

Guest airbornealways
HMMMMMMM..........

LAN_WROTE ...

VETERANS-GAMING COOP SERVERS
NO SCREWING AROUND - NO DISRUPTIVE GAME PLAY - NO GRIEFING!

VETERANS-GAMING / STANDARD SERVER RULES (as applicable)

http://veterans-gaming.com/vg-plugins/forum/forum_viewtopic.php?141

Now I am more of an ARMA player but I would think the some thing should apply for BF2:PR. Attack aircraft is a supporting role and should have some altitude and distance to provide support in most case. Being nap of the earth or hoovering right over troops doesn't help anyone.

xI_Yoda_Ix LAN_WROTE ...

I'd agree if the tactic was valuable to the team. In this case it was BF2 mentality to get a high kill count.

I repeatedly asked the pilot to move on so we could hear the enemy but I was ignored.
With a full squad below him he felt it was more important to hover above us while waiting for the enemy to reach us. This left our squad overwhelmed by noise and unable to hear let alone determine the direction of enemy advances.

I did eventually kick the player who returned asking for admin. I joined his squad only to find he is VOIP deprived and did not engage in text communication.

If that isn't against the letter of the rule, it is at the very least against the spirit of the rule. It is of no benefit in any tactical sense to hover over a squad like that. The FOV is so limited that they couldn't possibly justify that as any kind of protection. As a matter of fact, if they were destroyed, there's a chance they could wipe out the entire squad on landing.

Key point here: This is COOP. Cooperation is not suggested, it's required. Also, respect is mandatory on all VETERANS-GAMING Servers. Most important rule to remember - DON'T BE A DICK!

you can read the rules...ther right here>>> ....could they be added to the kick message!!!

YOU MUST JOIN A SQUAD WHEN PLAYING HERE! NO SQUAD = KICK!

NO CHEATS, HACKS OR EXPLOITS OF ANY KIND!

VETERANS-GAMING COOP SERVERS

**** NO SMOKE **** SMOKE IS RESTRICTED TO SQUAD LEADERS FOR MARKING PURPOSES ONLY! ****
NO CHEATS, HACKS OR EXPLOITS ALLOWED HERE! ** PLEASE RESPECT OUR RULES **
NO TEAM SWITCHING! HUMANS VS. BOTS ALWAYS IN COOP!
NO TEAM KILLING / NO FORCED TEAM KILLING
NO RACISM! NO RACIAL SLURS!!
NO ASSET WASTE OR ABUSE! USE ASSETS AS INTENDED OR GET KICKED!
NO STEALING / LINE JUMPING - WAIT YOUR TURN!
NO LOCKED SQUADS / NO SOLO SQUADS / NO SOLO VEHICLES
NO SPAMMING MORTARS! USE THEM TO SUPPORT GROUND FORCES AND ONLY WHEN CALLED!

VETERANS-GAMING / STANDARD SERVER RULES (as applicable)

NO CHEATS, HACKS OR EXPLOITS ALLOWED HERE! ** PLEASE RESPECT OUR RULES **
ASSETS MUST MATCH SQUADS!
NO RACISM! NO RACIAL SLURS!
SQUAD UP PROPERLY OR GET REASSIGNED BY ADMIN.
NO TEAM KILLING! - NO SOLO SQUADS / NO SOLO ASSETS
IF YOU TK FOR ASSETS YOU WILL BE BANNED!
NO STEALING OR LINE JUMPING, WAIT IN LINE!
NO GLITCHING!
PLAY WITH HONOR - PLAY WITH INTEGRITY
NO RAPING MAINS! NO SPAWN RAPING! NO STATS PADDING!
WASTING AIRCRAFT AND VEHICLES WILL GET YOU KICKED!
NO LOCKED SQUADS - NO LOCKED SQUADS - NO LOCKED SQUADS
NO SPAMMING MORTARS! USE THEM TO SUPPORT GROUND FORCES AND ONLY WHEN CALLED!

=========================================================

Rules Enforcement: Standard Operating Procedure
If you violate our rules expect to be punished. The guidelines below are the standards we use to adjudicate gaming offense's and rule violations. However, there may be certain situations that require more immediate/severe action depending on the offense. If you feel you have been unfairly treated by one of our Server Admins please file an appeal/complaint within our Forum.

NO CHEATS, HACKS OR EXPLOITS OF ANY KIND!