Website Updates and Upgrades are still underway! We don't expect any further downtime, but we thank you for your patience as we restore themes and other elements including the Chatbox.

In need of help :)

JvLeger

BLuDKLoT told me to post here. My current computer that I was using for gaming took a shit. It was a duo core with a 8800gt video card. A friend of mine sent me a Asus MOBO thats a quad core and a Radeon 6570 video card. The video card is too new for the mobo. I did some research and I guess the mobo is an 8 yr old one. I live off of my pension and I have 2 kids. My pension covers my food and bills. If anyone could help me out that would be awesome. I know I'm new to this community and didnt feel right asking but BLuD told me to give it a shot. If anyone has any parts laying around that they dont need, I would be eternally indebted.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello,
So what are you looking for my friend? I looked up the video card you had verse the video card you where given and they will run the games you used to play basically the same. the only reason I can see for any incompatibility issues is the hd 6570 is pci-e 2 which means it will be sightly faster. If you have the choice between the hd 6570 and the 8800gt I would go with the 6570. I hope that helped. If you need something else please let me know. Just be as specific as possible as my brain requires it. Xp

Regards
=VG=ORION*MC*

Lol I'm looking for anyone who has any spare parts laying around. My MSI mobo went out along with the processor. It was an old mobo that only had a duo core CPU. The mobo I'm using now is an 8 year old one and the new video card that I have isnt compatible with it :/ . The video card is to new for it.

I know a few friends recently upgraded, but they are in the UK, and it may be a huge shipping cost vs. old used parts anyway. Keep looking, and hopefully someone may post up, but there are some nice options available for under $300 in the CPU/MoBo/RAM realm that may work for your budget, if you were able to save up for it.
!hi

**EDIT: Are we sure that graphics card is "too new" for the MoBo - I have a similar board and I run a new'ish Radeon 6770 which is a dual wide PCI-e card. If your motherboard has a quad core, it may also have one PCI-e slot for that graphics card, or does it not? My MoBo is from 2007, gutted from a boxed PC, the HP Pavilion 920e.

if you are able to remove the cooler where the CPU is located, identify the CPU you have - should have some writing on it.

are you wanting to scrap your CPU by any chance? what is it that you are requiring exactly? i have a 2.4ghz dual core AMD processor which goes alright and a cooler to suit, just as long as your mobo has the right AMD socket to accept it.

i also have an Ati HD4850 with 1gb cache and 256-bit memory, extra cooling, ability to overclock a fair ways but i've had that about 4 years.

*these would be considered low-end products by todays' market standards*

no idea on shipping on these items but i'm thinking not cheap to the USA

P.S just realised it's a mobo you're after LOL..

Semler from all the research I did and from what people have been telling me on tech forums, thats what I've been told. My mobo has 1 slot for the GPU and 2 white slots. Murder the CPU thats in this MOBO is a quad core Intel Pentium 4 CPU 3.20 GHRZ 3.19 GHRZ. Here is a link to my motherboard. http://www.asus.com/Motherboards/P5GD1VM/