Website Updates and Upgrades are still underway! We don't expect any further downtime, but we thank you for your patience as we restore themes and other elements including the Chatbox.

GPU advice

Jager

So I finally ripped the last parts off the old rig and got my new one up and running, my GPU is now my weakest link.
Part of me wants to flesh out for a 590GTX but that's like 900usd over here and I'm studying at the University so I'll have limited time to play on this rig.
Any decent suggestions for a card or cards that will hold me 3-4 years, might even buy one now and just add the same on later on as I need more power.

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm loving my HD6770, and if I was to upgrade, I'd just get more of them. It alone handles ArmA at Highest vid settings and gets 45FPS in the shit. If I turn back terrain and textures just a bit, I get 75FPS steady.

2 of these would only require a 750W PSU upgrade from my 600W. So, for price and crossfire ability, I'd say grab a few of these babies, or something similar. 2x HD6870's maybe?

• 3 weeks later...
WhiteWolf LAN_WROTE ...

=VG= BLuDKLoT LAN_WROTE ...

Whitewolf is pretty savvy with gear maybe he'll post up something useful. I'm using 5870's and I struggle with some newer games, so stay away from those.

wow i am sooo late !!!

$900 USED for a GTX 590? they are around $750 BRAN NEW! where u live ?

Not a typo ;) I do mean USD as in your currency. Prices has dropped to 877 USD but still expensive, I live in Norway the land of oil and expensive stuff.