Website Updates and Upgrades are still underway! We don't expect any further downtime, but we thank you for your patience as we restore themes and other elements including the Chatbox.

Building a Budget Gaming PC for BF3 & ARMA ---- HELP!

Guest DTRON

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

SavageCDN wrote: "It will be enough to get you hooked then you will buy the full version"

Oh yes...you will. Muah-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha! !butcher

Ok. You don't need to monitor power consumption to see if you can run RAID.
I believe you got yourself a 650W PSU...that's fine for the GFX Card you have and several hard drives (as many as the PSU has connectors).

Also, most cases come loaded with fans. Best value buying one that already has all fans (no PSU) and FILTERS in the title or description.

The 120mm you describe by the HDD's may be drawing air through the filters. Your video card most likely has the ability to turn it's own fan to 100% prior to running a game. Try to keep the air flow the way the case is designed to flow it, or you may run into general case heat issues (while trying to deal with specific part heat issues that don't exist yet).

Waiting for intenational shipping is unbearable! So I've seen enough Arma II videos in the meantime, that I'm hooked on a game I've never even played before. Looks like PR ...but better. Even saw Poffader providing the same good ole huey transportation. I did end up buying GTX 560 ti just because it was the best value. The OC'd MSI TwinFrozr claims to run 20 degrees cooler. Found out Nvidia heavily outperforms over competition with the Frostbite engine. I can not frickin wait. The case i have has zero fans...i have two 120mm and two 80mm fans inbound which will require some case modding too. I guess waiting is part of every PC building adventure.

They forgot to ship the RAM....ALL CAPS RAGE have to wait another week. ^&%$&^!@%*$!!! Shit happens. Although bitter-sweet, I have to be patient cause any new gaming PC inbound is awesome. My last computer, gaming laptop, was stolen from my beach house Memorial Day weekend. Some fools jumped the wall while I went out for drinks. Maybe if I had gotten laid it would have been worth it. I hated this country (Nicaragua) for a week or so but again shit happens. Things have worked out better than expected and well fuck, I still have to wait for RAM.