Website Updates and Upgrades are still underway! We don't expect any further downtime, but we thank you for your patience as we restore themes and other elements including the Chatbox.

Game Development: Voice Actors Needed for CLAfghan Air Traffic Control Sound Effects

=VG= SemlerPDX

Calling All Voice Actors!

We are looking for volunteers to provide voices for the Air Traffic Control sound effect in our Arma 2 CLAfghan Mission. Sound can be recorded in any fasion, and in any file type. Please do not use any filters or sound effects modifications, as this will be done upon editing for a radio coms effect. There are 45 different lines, and we would welcome entries in English (any accent/dialect), German, and Russian. Further languages will be added later, and implemented as they are submitted.

If you would like to participate, please download the .zip file that contains the script in text format below.
It includes instructions and directions. Again, record all sounds in one continuous recording, including marked pauses. If you fumble a line, just say it again, (and again if needed) DO NOT restart, and continue reading the script in order.

We will have no problem selecting the correct one on the "editing floor".

When finished, please package your sound file into a .ZIP or .RAR file and attach it to a PM to me (SemlerPDX). You can also just message me in the VG Chatbox if I'm online, and transfer the file through the chat.
*Serious entries only, please! No "fake" accents, or "acted voices" please, just speak naturally.

atc_sfx_script.rar

I look forward to your submissions, and Thank You!

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Pastrami =VG= LAN_WROTE ...

This sounds pretty cool. I?ll give it a go.

Is this just background sound effects, or actual orders the player is expected to understand and follow?

Orders, ATC Orders...

It recognizes the player, for example, Pilot player slot 1, gives them a wing name and wing numbers, waits until they are in an aircraft and identifies it, assigns a callsign, and directs the player through takeoff, mission direction (away from the main AO), and directs them through the pattern entry upon return to the airfield.

There, it checks fuel and damage levels (to offer emergency landing option if appropriate), and if the approach is clear of other aircraft, directs them through landing, service or parking, and back to takeoff.

If the approach is not clear, it directs the player back through the ATC pattern, until the it becomes clear.
All current "contact" with ATC is via text, but as soon as I publish voice scripts, and get volunteer content, this will be handled by multi-lingual vocalization, like most flight/fighter sim games.

Direction even a new player can follow, and that flight sim vets will appreciate!

How about the Finnish language?

As I said, multi-lingual support is desired, and you are not the only Finn I've seen play Arma...

How about giving them direction in their own language? Can't do it without you...

[EDIT: Stereo Mic's are not necessary - ALL sounds must be converted to Mono .ogg files eventually. Just record regularly]