Website Updates and Upgrades are still underway! We don't expect any further downtime, but we thank you for your patience as we restore themes and other elements including the Chatbox.

Please take pity!

tenore

Last spring I started to get involved in the online battles, but then didn't. Now I noticed there is no activity at AF, so I started looking around. It looks like this is where I need to be, but I don't have a clue where to start. Will somebody please help me? I have not done any online gaming, so really don't know anything. If there is a sticky or FAQ section, let me know. I'm somewhat computer savvy, just NO experience with the games online.
Thanks a bunch.

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Welcome to the site, bro!
Hop on to TeamSpeak3 and look for flyboys in any Falcon/BMS channel - you'll be joined eventually if no one is yet on. Also, our global chatbox and VG Chatrooms are a great way to talk to people here who are online (and you can connect it to facebook, too!).

Hit up BLuDKLoT, I see him post up in the chatbox when trying to organize an MP Flight.

Good luck! !cheers

Tenore,

You should get yourself aquainted with the BMS manual so you already have a "gist" of how MP works (re: connections and bandwidth settings) so when you get on teamspeak, you're really looking for guys to get in the air with rather than learn how to connect.

Things to look into:
- make sure your game is installed and working properly in single player;
- make sure you have your router ports forwarded and exceptions made in any firewalls you have;
- learn how to set your datacartridge (check the BMS site);
- check out the "Training" channel in teamspeak. RAM is busy putting together a checklist and "no-no" list for MP stuff.

We'll be happy to help out, but it's going to be easier for all of us if you've already got a headstart.

See you up ther! :)

Sup man, welcome to the site!

Best way to get hooked up with flights is hang out in our BMS 4 flight Channels. We Had some great fun already today with Hail~Storm! See 2 hours of ass kicking here: (takes a few min for the stream to start)

Watch live streaming video from veteransgaming at livestream.com

Just hang out, jump in TS3 and if you need any help just let me know and we'll do our best to help. Look forward to flying with you!

Blud