Website Updates and Upgrades are still underway! We don't expect any further downtime, but we thank you for your patience as we restore themes and other elements including the Chatbox.

Problem with joining your servers

Job

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you only have Arma 2, you will not be able to join our server. You need to have both games: Arma 2 and Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead (or the 2in1 Arma 2: Combined Operations). If you have that, then move on to next step.

I'd assume that Steam auto-patches the game with most recent updates, but it would be good to note what version your are running (shown in lower right corner at the main menu of the game).

Also, mods and DLC are never put into the addons folder - that is the incorrect way to install mods. If you have been just dropping DayZ addons or other mods into your addon folder, you will need to delete all of it, and reinstall the game.

If you still cannot get this working, come into our TeamSpeak 3 and find me - I'll join a TeamViewer session with you and can move your mouse around while you watch. I'll have it all sorted in less than 5 minutes.

SemlerPDX =VG= LAN_WROTE ...

If you only have Arma 2, you will not be able to join our server. You need to have both games: Arma 2 and Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead (or the 2in1 Arma 2: Combined Operations). If you have that, then move on to next step.

I'd assume that Steam auto-patches the game with most recent updates, but it would be good to note what version your are running (shown in lower right corner at the main menu of the game).

Also, mods and DLC are never put into the addons folder - that is the incorrect way to install mods. If you have been just dropping DayZ addons or other mods into your addon folder, you will need to delete all of it, and reinstall the game.

If you still cannot get this working, come into our TeamSpeak 3 and find me - I'll join a TeamViewer session with you and can move your mouse around while you watch. I'll have it all sorted in less than 5 minutes.

I cant find you ? This is my first time using teamspeak btw

Okay - we have only been able to retrieve his RPT info, and I have zipped it up with the RPT and Server Console Log from the server - I think he has installed a beta patch that will not uninstall, also, I think steam may be backing up this info and reinstalling it with his attempted reinstalls, so making the effort pointless.

Perhaps Savage can weigh in, being the local Arma Steam guru...

rpt_of_job.rar

When I loaded OA on his machine, I compared the version in the lower right to my own - they match. If it were a beta, then the versions wouldn't have matched...
I'm a fan of manual things - not a fan of Steam, but it should be a non-issue, all opinions aside. Just frustrated at the different methods for Steam vs. DVD version.

I'm sure a solution will present itself...or not.

According to the the rpt arma is trying to use, baf, pmc dlc but also jsrs sound mod.
Also trying to make use of the script http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?106489-Using-BAF-IED-s-via-scripting so the rtp is just weird, however later entries are complaining about pbo's and anims so if verify does not do the trick I'd update.

Could try the latest beta, and make the swap to six updater instead of play with six.
http://www.arma2.com/beta-patch.php

Job LAN_WROTE ...

Ok so what do i need to do now? I dont realy understand

When you used mods did you use a program like SixUpdater and create seperate folders for the mods, or did you just copy the files over the original Arma files?

If you did the latter, then I'd delete your entire Arma directory and start from scratch.

However, if the mods are in separate folders, installing SixUpdater would probably identify whatever mod files are there and make it easier to disable them.

You are getting kicked for stock Arma .pbo files not addons. You need to make sure you are running Combined Operations not just Operation Arrowhead (CO is Arma 2 plus OA).

I see in the log you were are also running the beta version of Arma you need to NOT run this and start with regular 1.62 version.

Current time:  2013/02/19 17:56:51<br />C:\Users\Job\Documents\ArmA 2\expansion\beta\arma2oa.exe

SixUpdater is complicated and annoying but it does work and I would trust it over Play With Six.

SU 2.9.7
http://cdn.withsix.com/software/su/su-setup.exe

Docs
http://wiki.rustyinplaces.org/article/SIX_Updater

With Steam you used to have to right-click on Arrowhead in library and select Launch as Combined Ops but I don't think that works anymore. Maybe someone else can provide a startup parameter he can use to launch as CO?

Ok so as discussed in TS here's what you need to do:

Delete both games from Steam library
Goto your Steam install folder under Steamapps\Common and delete any Arma folders there.

Reboot PC.

Install Arma 2 in Steam Library
Install Arma 2 OA in library

Launch Arma 2 once thru Steam and let it get to main menu
Close Arma2

Launch Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead once thru Steam and let it get to main menu (how does he do this? right-click on game? If he launches as OA will it not try to run as CO 1st time?)
Close Arma 2 OA

In Steam Library launch Operation Arrowhead it should automatically run as Combined Operations. You can tell this at the main game menu on the right where it lists the mods loaded you should see Arma 2 there