9. Stalingrad

8. Bridge at Remagen

7. The Pacific

6. Saving Private Ryan, - German Halftrack

5. Flags of Our Fathers

4. The thin red line

actually my Nr. 1:

3. Band of Brothers

but in honor to the brave soilder fighting and dying in these operations the Top two:

2. The Longest Day

1. A Bridge too Far

And at last my favorite Letter:

SUPREME HEADQUARTERS ALLIED EXPEDITIONARY FORCE

Soldiers, Sailors and Airmen of the Allied Expeditionary Force!

You are about to embark upon the Great Crusade, toward which we have striven these many months. The eyes of liberty loving people everywhere march with you. In company with our brave Allies and brothers in arms on other Fronts, you will bring about the destruction of the German war machine, the elimination of Nazi tyranny over the oppressed peoples of Europe, and security for ourselves in a free world.
Your task will not be an easy one. Your enemy is well trained, well equipped and battle hardened. He will fight savagely.
But this is the year 1944! Much has happened since the Nazi triumphs of 1940-41. The United Nations have inflicted upon the Germans great defeats, in open battle, man to man. Our air offensive has seriously reduced their strength in the air and their capacity to wage war on the ground. Our Home Fronts have given us an overwhelming superiority in weapons and munitions of war, and placed at our disposal great reserves of trained fighting men. The tide has turned! The free men of the world are marching together to Victory!
I have full confidence in your courage and devotion to duty and skill in battle. We will accept nothing less than full Victory! Good luck! And let us beseech the blessing of Almighty God upon this great and noble undertaking.

General Dwight D. Eisenhower
Order of the Day
June 6, 1944

Nice list Winters. All great.

Band of Brothers was one of my favourites along with Saving Private Ryan for the Omaha Beach scene.

Others... The Bridge on the River Kwai for the "Colonel Bogey" whistled march.

I know 2 guys that were in movie number 4. They are the 2 re-headed dudes in the landing craft as it pushes to the beaches. I recruited with them while in the Marines. They were hired to work as extras in the movie. I did something similar, but I was in the movie Pearl Harbor. Small world...lol

Yeah, nice list.

But my favourites are Full Metal Jacket, Black Hawk Down, Generation Kill. And of course Lawrence of Arabia. Really epic movie.

i just saw a movie called "The Brest Fortress" and it was awesome! it's in Russian but theres decent subtitles lol.
it's set in WW2 and follows a group of russian soldiers holding out against the German invasion, who manage to surround Brest.

really good, i recommend it. infact, you can watch the entire thing on youtube in full : )

I watch the trailer. It sems to be awsome.
Thereby i remember to "Enemy at the Gates". Also greate, especially when you play the russian part of "Call of Duty I" after that. It contains some scenes of the movie.

As russian I can say what "Enemy at the Gates" is worst movie about russians ever made. Stupid hollywood fairy tale full of stereotypes. :)

My fav WWII movies are:
The Heroes of Telemark
The Great Escape
The Dirty Dozen
Kelly's Hero's
Stalag 17
Hart's War
Windtalkers
Saving Private Ryan

Fav Vietnam:
The Thin Red Line
Casualties of War
Full Metal Jacket
We Were Soldiers
Apocolypse Now (Directors Cut Rocks!)
Platoon

Fav Modern:
Black Hawk Down
Top Gun
Jarhead (though I hate the main character - he's an asshat; (not the actor!))
Bravo Two Zero

I cannot put numbers on them like you guys can. How could Private Ryan not my by #1? Because The Great Escape should also be #1. See what I mean? So...no numbers, these are my all time favorites and I like to re-watch them at least once a year, randomly throughout it.
!rockon

When you like "Snake" you also must like most of the pilots on the ArmA Insurgency Server. The hot LZ in "We Were Soldiers" are nothing in contrast to this. Most of them are almost burning.